What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart has destroyed our Club.

Frailty

First Grade
Conspiracy theory: Phil Gould and Ricky Stuart never had a falling out at all. It was all part of an extravagent plan to kill the Sharks from the inside!

I feel for Flanagan in all this.

He must feel helpless.

Can't take control yet and is trying to convince players to come to us next year.

Any opposition player watching our past two games will be thinking.

I'd have to be out of my f**king mind!!!

Inferno

Coach
ummm

ricky is well on the way to converting a squad that less than 2 years ago was equal first to a double challenge for the spoon

it follows very much the same script as his tenure at the roosters

To be fair, it's a vastly different team to what it was back then, but Ricky Stuart can take credit for that. I thought this was the year he finally got the players he wanted...

Squae

Juniors
Who else was at the game tonight?

Seriously it was the worst atmosphere I have ever experienced.

I've been to funerals that had more life to them!

Yeah it was deadset shocking, please ricky for the sake of the club and supporters leave, the players are in limbo and they are becoming head cases.

Also Tim Smith is a crocker, his' defense will cost us in any close games.

Weaponhead

Coach
This outcome was obvious from the moment Stuart announced he was going and the club did not immediately exit him from the premises. I do a lot of work in the business restructuring area and is unimaginable that you would leave a senior executive in such a pivotal position who is actively disengaged with the direction of the business. This is Keystone Cops stuff. Leadership 101 - if people don't want to be there, move them on and get the right people.

This demonstrates the leadership vacuum in the club. Stuart could have announced his departure, then Flanagan walks in with the opportunity to build some structures for the future. Instead we are left with a coach who doesn't want to be there trying to motivate players who know he doesn't want to be there. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

The consequences of this are massive. We have had a free ride with the Melbourne issues and now we will back in the crosshairs with the usual death riding articles. This place is starting to get a smell like Wests during the early 80's and Tommy's era.

Frailty

First Grade
This outcome was obvious from the moment Stuart announced he was going and the club did not immediately exit him from the premises. I do a lot of work in the business restructuring area and is unimaginable that you would leave a senior executive in such a pivotal position who is actively disengaged with the direction of the business. This is Keystone Cops stuff. Leadership 101 - if people don't want to be there, move them on and get the right people.

This demonstrates the leadership vacuum in the club. Stuart could have announced his departure, then Flanagan walks in with the opportunity to build some structures for the future. Instead we are left with a coach who doesn't want to be there trying to motivate players who know he doesn't want to be there. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

The consequences of this are massive. We have had a free ride with the Melbourne issues and now we will back in the crosshairs with the usual death riding articles. This place is starting to get a smell like Wests during the early 80's and Tommy's era.

Already started in today's papers... NRL keeping a close eye on our financial position which appears to be getting worse...

I'm so happy to be a Sharks supporter... Really... I am. I mean what sort of character building would you get from another club that doesn't have constant failure after failure...

Frenzy.

Immortal
Already started in today's papers... NRL keeping a close eye on our financial position which appears to be getting worse...

I'm so happy to be a Sharks supporter... Really... I am. I mean what sort of character building would you get from another club that doesn't have constant failure after failure...

Seems so Frailty

What's with the possible illegal sponsorship?

Link

Sharks in hot water DANIEL LANE

July 18, 2010
CRONULLA legend Andrew Ettingshausen, who is expected to next month be honoured in his junior club's greatest team of all time, has urged locals to fight to ensure the Sharks will be around for his four nephews to represent in the future.

The Sun-Herald understands the club's financial situation is of concern for the NRL and is being closely monitored.

The Melbourne Storm drama and Independent Commission/QRL controversy have allowed the Sharks to fly under the radar, but there's a fear the club is close to breaking point.

Allied with the resignations of coach Ricky Stuart, club boss Richard Fisk and group chief John Osborne, there's been a brawl with the juniors over cuts to their direct funding; confirmation the leagues and football clubs has a combined debt of $12 million; the government is investigating a possible illegal sponsorship from an online poker site; inclement weather that's denied them revenue at the turnstiles and leagues club and the poisonous relationship chairman Damian Irvine has with his team and support staff.

Winger Blake Ferguson highlighted the matter a fortnight ago when he activated a ''get out'' clause in his contract because he had no faith in the club's direction.

''I think Cronulla, like all the Sydney clubs, have a tough road,'' said Ettingshausen. ''They're doing it extremely tough and need the support of the local community. The locals have stuck by them through the good times and bad, but this is a testing time.

''The future of the club is in the balance and it's important everyone gets out and helps. I think everyone at Cronulla is doing what they can to survive but it needs a wholehearted effort by many more people.''

The Sharks underpinned their financial future 11 years ago on selling land to a property developer. Despite some initial interest, it hasn't sold.

''The club's future depends on the board, it's in their hands and they have a lot on their plate,'' said Ettingshausen. ''My business commitments have stopped me from being involved as much as I want to, but I'm happy to do what I can to help. We all must because it'll take more than a few men and women to turn it around. There's no time for apathy, it won't just tick away forever.''

Ettingshausen, who rivals Steve Rogers as the club's greatest player, said the district was rich in league's most sought-after resource - juniors.

''If you go through all the leagues you'd see there's an enormous number of first graders who've come through Cronulla-Sutherland's juniors,'' he said.

''We have a great junior league and the numbers grow each year. I watch my nephews play of a weekend for De La Salle and it's great. Like my nephews, I spent all my weekend in my footy gear, but I just hope they have a local club they can play for.''

An example of the talent the juniors have produced is highlighted by the candidates for De La Salle Caringbah's dream team with 33 first graders, Ettingshausen, Jonathan Docking, Adam McDougall, Aaron Raper, Martin Lang and Alan Wilson among them.

The team will be named during a lavish lunch at Sharkies on August 13.

roboshark

Coach
Christ this talk sh*ts me. We are trying to recruit players and then this comes out...they go elsewhere. We need a winning team to get out of this mess yet this stuff prevents it...classic catch 22

NSW Cup photos

Juniors
Ricky has history......he couldn't rebuild at the Roosters after Fittler....he brought in Finch FFS and before him Firman

Unless he is handed a decent team he struggles big time

Even when he won the Flegg comp at the dogs he had an awesome team

He cant re-build

Quigs

Immortal
The future begins with you..LOL

arhhhhhhhh I remember it well

poster.jpg

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Since 73

First Grade
quigs - friggin' incredible piece of work.

Noddy - Kilroy was here
killer
george roper
shane elford
Dr geoff
Kiwi debacle

that sheet could be handed around at shark park during each weekend to take supporters minds off the game...
How many references can you find for a free shot at Sticky in the dunk tank at fulltime in the auditorium.

...classic

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Is Dragon Slayer the weakest K.hunt any of us have ever had the fortune not to meet?
I dont think I have ever witnessed more depressing psychotic ill informed nonsense in my life.
Ferrous Cranous, to a tee.

Sharkie73

Bench
Last night was the first time I have walked out of a sharks game early!! the garbage that has been dished up by the coach with his non-exisant game plan was evident again last night he has nothing. I agree with everyone who has said Flanno should be given the team for the rest of the year to start his building process for next year, hell he can't do any worse than the impostor thats there now.