What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart: Jarryd Hayne may be the attacking five-eighth the Blues need to beat Qu

Cheops

Juniors
FMD. I don't understand why we need to make things so complicated. Hayne's been playing fullback for a good 3 or 4 years now. He is the only thing keeping a very crap Parramatta side competitive. He killed it in his only game at fullback for NSW a year or two ago. He's been one of NSW's best players every time he's played. Just pick your best player in your best position and stop trying to be stubborn with some excuse you made up to get Dugan into the team last year FFS!

roarr

Juniors
Geez, is SOO the time to be trying these stupid experiments??? Especially when your team has won 5 of the last 18 games and if you lose in game one in Melbourne it's almost goodbye 2012 series.

Like someone else said, if Hayne were to play 6 next to Thurston and Smith it might be a bit easier to swallow... but pearce and buderus/ennis ??? Sheesh.

It's not as if the Blues have a serious lack of 5/8th playing week in week out either.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with a back three of stewart (or dugan), uate, hayne, but it's typical Ricky Stuart to turn a relatively safe few choices into a massive shit show...

Mr Saab

Referee
Baiting? Oh no Pete. I'm calling you and Saab out on your suggestion that Hayne deserves to be lumped in with the names you listed as derp selections.

you cant be seriously happy with the thought of Hayne at 6.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Im ok with Hayne at 5/8 tbh. Hes proven that he can play at that level and will not let us down. I would have prefered him in the centres but its much to muchness really

Big Pete

Referee
I don't understand why you would take such a gamble on a position that's really important with a player who's record at five eigth is in the red.

Food for thought maybe as there's no doubting Hayne's talent but I don't know why Ricky has such a problem with him playing on the wing.

nqcowboy87

Bench
hopefully carney rides roughshod over hayne, cause even if city win that doesnt make hayne the best option at 6 for nsw, anderson tried him at 6 and that didnt work fullback is his best position

timka4

Bench
Food for thought maybe as there's no doubting Hayne's talent but I don't know why Ricky has such a problem with him playing on the wing.
This massively. Everyone knows he can play 1-5 and abit of 6. But for some reason, Ricky thinks he cant play 2 or 5...

hellteam

First Grade
He actually doesn't look fit enough to play at fullback in origin at the moment. He's been killing it nonetheless on one leg. Another month and he should be right.

ellskimore

Juniors
I was skeptical at first but I am warming to the idea. He pretty much plays that role in attack at Parra anyway. Regardless he has to be one of the first players picked for the blues after Gallen.
I really do not understand the incumbency argument for Mitchell Pearce though. Does not seem to apply for anyone else.

chrisD

Coach
When he played 5/8 for parra his role was more limited and he was less effective. We have a fit and firing Carney, this is just f**king rediculous and all because of Stuart and Dugans f**ked up bromance.

kalamanty

Juniors
The same Stuart who didn't think Lockyer was a 5/8? Now he's an expert on swapping the positions. Hayne could play 5/8 sure, but why would you when the next best attacking player in NSW is going well and plays 5/8 for his club?

He's thinking and saying this stupid shit because he's hell bent on playing Dugan at fb.
FMD. I don't understand why we need to make things so complicated. Hayne's been playing fullback for a good 3 or 4 years now. He is the only thing keeping a very crap Parramatta side competitive. He killed it in his only game at fullback for NSW a year or two ago. He's been one of NSW's best players every time he's played. Just pick your best player in your best position and stop trying to be stubborn with some excuse you made up to get Dugan into the team last year FFS!
When he played 5/8 for parra his role was more limited and he was less effective. We have a fit and firing Carney, this is just f**king rediculous and all because of Stuart and Dugans f**ked up bromance.
Looks like Ricky is do anything he can to make sure his boyfriend Dugan has no competition.. In before ricky says Brett Stewart is a winger and not a FB :lol:

Grail

Juniors
I think he should play 1.
I think Carney should play 6.

However, Hayne hasn't performed that poorly when at 6 in the past. You must take into consideration that he was playing 6 for the eels, and that with their other attacking options it was difficult for him. With better outside backs at his disposal, a beter half and 9 to help him out, and more forwards willing to lay a platform he might do more than ok.

Of course, he has been even more dominant for the eels at 1, and a spine of
1 Hayne
6 Carney
7 Pearce
9 Farrah
Looks far more likely to challenge QLD than anything else that we'll get atm.

Hutty1986

Immortal
He actually doesn't look fit enough to play at fullback in origin at the moment. He's been killing it nonetheless on one leg. Another month and he should be right.

His fitness could end up being a key consideration. But it's SOO and you pick players in their position. Hayne should always be one of the first guys picked for the Blues but this is a massive gamble.

Latest posts