What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart: Jarryd Hayne may be the attacking five-eighth the Blues need to beat Qu

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hope duges makes it back in time to be selected ahead of Hayne just for the Hayne Plane tears, we're going to lose this series regardless of who is selected, simply because QLD's #7 and #9 are so far in front of ours its embarrassing. If i can taste some parra tears it might make 7-0 easier to take

chrisD

Coach
Yes we are well aware Raiders supporters (including Stuart) would rather their nuffies be picked than NSW win.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You haven't noticed all the non-Eels fans calling for Hayne's selection in the spine?

He and Carney are as good as any player in Queensland. They're our best chance.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I hope duges makes it back in time to be selected ahead of Hayne just for the Hayne Plane tears, we're going to lose this series regardless of who is selected, simply because QLD's #7 and #9 are so far in front of ours its embarrassing. If i can taste some parra tears it might make 7-0 easier to take

:lol: Top attitude that.. FMD

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yes we are well aware Raiders supporters (including Stuart) would rather their nuffies be picked than NSW win.

let me know how Ennis/Buderus, Pearce and Hayne go against Smith, Cronk and Thurston

until we remedy that part right there, we are at very long odds to win a game, let alone an actual SOO series.
Those 3 are so far ahead of ANYTHING nsw can throw up it really begins and ends there. Until NSW finds a remotely decent hooker, halfback and 5/8th who can actually have an impact the game (hayne might be that guy, i guess we'll find out) we are shot ducks.
You are living in a fantasy land if you think NSW's best is equal to QLD's

our best bet is to try and cram the team with as much talent as possible to keep it close, which for mine includes finding a way to get Carney, Hayne, and Dugan.
And hope we get QLD on an off day

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
let me know how Ennis/Buderus, Pearce and Hayne go against Smith, Cronk and Thurston

until we remedy that part right there, we are at very long odds to win a game, let alone an actual SOO series.
Those 3 are so far ahead of ANYTHING nsw can throw up it really begins and ends there. Until NSW finds a remotely decent hooker, halfback and 5/8th who can actually have an impact the game (hayne might be that guy, i guess we'll find out) we are shot ducks.
You are living in a fantasy land if you think NSW's best is equal to QLD's

our best bet is to try and cram the team with as much talent as possible to keep it close, which for mine includes finding a way to get Carney, Hayne, and Dugan.
And hope we get QLD on an off day

Soft.

Frailty

First Grade
Hayne at 5/8th? Really? This again? Parra tried him there and it didn't work well for them compared to when he played fullback.

Why wouldn't he be the fullback? Stewart and Dugan both out injured.

Raider_69

Post Whore
haha good gear boys

fullback: Billy Slater... hayne or dugan or stewart or morris, doesnt matter Slater is probably going to go down at the games best fullback ever.

5/8th: the simple fact that we are here discussing the fact that we'll be playing a fullback at 5/8th because none of other options at 5/8th are remotely good enough whilst they have Jonathan Thurston, arguably the games best half.

Halfback: Mitchell Pearce is the incumbant... Mitchell Pearce guys. Todd Carney likely gets the spot (i would hope) but there is every chance it will be Mitchell Pearce V Cooper Cronk, who just happens to be the other best half in the game

Hooker: 5 years ago Hodges pointed to Buderus and told him he was #2 and Smith was #1. He was right and it was 5 years ago. Smith is now in his prime and Bedsy is only getting a run because outside of him our best option is probably Michael Ennis.

There is nothing soft about admitting that the current QLD side might well be the greatest origin side ever assembled. Those are the 4 most important positions in the game and all 4 of them for QLD have strong claims as being the best player in the game. Not a single NSW side you can name can top those 4 in their respective positions.

Then they throw in blokes like Inglis and Hodges whilst we're contemplating McManus and Ferguson for our backline.

Sometimes you've just got to admit you can match a team and accept to beat them, you'll need to play your absolute heart out and get them on a bad day.

We need 2 bad days to win a series. They havent had many in the last 6 years so maybe we're due a couple. We've got to assemble a team that can compete with them and has the ability to take the chances if they are presented to us.

You call it pea hearted and soft, i call it reality and unfortunately none of you seem to be in touch with it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
haha good gear boys

fullback: Billy Slater... hayne or dugan or stewart or morris, doesnt matter Slater is probably going to go down at the games best fullback ever.

5/8th: the simple fact that we are here discussing the fact that we'll be playing a fullback at 5/8th because none of other options at 5/8th are remotely good enough whilst they have Jonathan Thurston, arguably the games best half.

Halfback: Mitchell Pearce is the incumbant... Mitchell Pearce guys. Todd Carney likely gets the spot (i would hope) but there is every chance it will be Mitchell Pearce V Cooper Cronk, who just happens to be the other best half in the game

Hooker: 5 years ago Hodges pointed to Buderus and told him he was #2 and Smith was #1. He was right and it was 5 years ago. Smith is now in his prime and Bedsy is only getting a run because outside of him our best option is probably Michael Ennis.

There is nothing soft about admitting that the current QLD side might well be the greatest origin side ever assembled. Those are the 4 most important positions in the game and all 4 of them for QLD have strong claims as being the best player in the game. Not a single NSW side you can name can top those 4 in their respective positions.

Then they throw in blokes like Inglis and Hodges whilst we're contemplating McManus and Ferguson for our backline.

Sometimes you've just got to admit you can match a team and accept to beat them, you'll need to play your absolute heart out and get them on a bad day.

We need 2 bad days to win a series. They havent had many in the last 6 years so maybe we're due a couple. We've got to assemble a team that can compete with them and has the ability to take the chances if they are presented to us.

You call it pea hearted and soft, i call it reality and unfortunately none of you seem to be in touch with it.

Reality? You're the bloke saying Fergo & McManus are any chance of making the NSW side, that doesn't seem all that realistic to me.

Everybody knows how outstanding this Qld side is, maybe you're better off putting on a maroon jersey and jerking off over Slater and co. from their side of the fence. NSW are every chance this year, regardless of the usual selection controversies

Raider_69

Post Whore
They are picked in CvC. Recent media speculating from the DT had them being strongly considered if as expect Morris is picked at fullback and hayne at 5/8th

again, if you dont think these guys are being considered for our SOO team, then its fairly apparent your not in touch with reality.
Just as you are not in touch with reality if you think NSW can name a spine that can beat QLD if their spine plays to its ability.

Just as QLD were not in touch with reality when they thought they could beat us when Johns was at his best.

Hutty1986

Immortal
They are picked in CvC. Recent media speculating from the DT had them being strongly considered if as expect Morris is picked at fullback and hayne at 5/8th

again, if you dont think these guys are being considered for our SOO team, then its fairly apparent your not in touch with reality.
Just as you are not in touch with reality if you think NSW can name a spine that can beat QLD if their spine plays to its ability.

Just as QLD were not in touch with reality when they thought they could beat us when Johns was at his best.

But I'm not saying our spine can compete with Qld's because it simply can't. But that's not to say we can't knock them off. Talent isn't always the be-all and end-all in SOO imo

betcats

Referee

Dugan will either be injured or if he plays he will get injured, the unbreakable man.

natheel

Coach
Our spine will likely end up like

1. Morris
6. Hayne
7. Pearce
9. Buderus

I'd rather

1. Hayne
6. Carney
7. Wallace
9. Ennis

Morris isn't the best option at fullback at the moment

If Stewart is right I'd go with him with hayne at 6 and Carney at 7 thatd be a good attacking spine imagine Stewart running off hayne

Joker's Wild

Coach
haha good gear boys

RL is about who has the best team, not who has the best players.

If you cant believe NSW can win I really dont know why you'd bother posting in here at all

Raider_69

Post Whore
I bother posting here so i can keep you blokes from getting lost in the clouds
The best team generally has the best players in it. Generally thats how sport is won. This isnt a fairytale or a disney film where a bunch of plucky up-starts can find a way to be a team teams team and beat the previously unbeaten superstars... Its SOO, not the mighty ducks.

Spine is likely to be Morris, Hayne, Pearce and Bederus v Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith. Until we can even the ledger up on that battle, we will at long odds to win

If all fit and well, i tend to think a spine of Dugan, Hayne, Carney and Buderus are capable of making a real game of it. The likely spine that we see, im afraid is not much hope

Hutty1986

Immortal
I bother posting here so i can keep you blokes from getting lost in the clouds
The best team generally has the best players in it. Generally thats how sport is won. This isnt a fairytale or a disney film where a bunch of plucky up-starts can find a way to be a team teams team and beat the previously unbeaten superstars... Its SOO, not the mighty ducks.

Spine is likely to be Morris, Hayne, Pearce and Bederus v Slater, Thurston, Cronk and Smith. Until we can even the ledger up on that battle, we will at long odds to win

If all fit and well, i tend to think a spine of Dugan, Hayne, Carney and Buderus are capable of making a real game of it. The likely spine that we see, im afraid is not much hope

:lol: Thanks so much for being our shining beacon of reality

Raider_69

Post Whore
you know, this fairytale stuff isnt a bad idea when you think about it.
Any chance Adam Banks can play halfback?

Latest posts