1. Out Now:

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to NRL Round 13 and Super League Round 8, with news, features, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's feature story is a history piece from Andrew Ferguson, with an insight into the life of the man who refereed the first NSWRFL first grade match in 1908 - Ted Hooper.

There's all the regular bits - the crossword and word jumbles, last week's wrap of results, reports, the ladder, stats leaders, match review and player of the year; plus your match program, with teamlists, player stats, head-to-head stats, match info and a full preview of every game of the NRL. There's also a detailed Super League program section.

EDITION 11 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by Redback71, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Joshuatheeel

Joshuatheeel Moderator Staff Member

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...-years-in-sydney/story-fndujljl-1226719223240

The f**k wit has spoken

2. Joshuatheeel

Yeah good example Ricky - you have no issue with f**king the sons of other parents. You are a dick head !!

3. Joshuatheeel

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...ord-yet-another-quick-fix-20130914-2trkm.html

4. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

This, especially the points in bold.

5. phantom eel

phantom eel First Grade

Interesting.

6. Daneel

Daneel Bench

I don't think it is a problem finding a coach who is willing to get a touch up for a couple of years, but more boards, chairmans, ceos, members and fans who have to be willing to accept it.

7. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

Spot on.

8. attamarrap

attamarrap Juniors

I hate how everyone in the media claims they need parra to be strong for the nrl to prosper then in the next breath kick the shit out of us

9. Joshuatheeel

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/maguire-on-top-of-eels-wish-list-20130914-2trox.html

10. Gary Gutful

Gary Gutful Immortal

Easy to say. Harder to do.

11. hineyrulz

hineyrulz Post Whore

Well said, but when you have been waiting as long as we have for success it is a hard thing to do. Even harder when a few short years ago we were cheated out of a GF win. Even harder when you still see those cheating pricks continue to be a force while we have become a laughing stock.

Shame we didn't pinch Gus before the Panthers did, him and Cleary have done a fantastic job.

12. Barry O'Speedwagon

Barry O'Speedwagon Coach

Yes, but without external interventions, there's frig all chance of this happening under our current organisational structure.

13. spiderdan

spiderdan Bench

Between that and Stuart's article I think some rubbish is being put on the propaganda trail. That article basically says Stuart is a good coach, if everyone else is doing the work for him. Stuart could've come to canberra at any time early in his post-playing career as an assistant coach and waited for the opportunity to coach them.

He had a grea rooster team but it just looks like it was fittler that carried Stuart. Once fittler left, roosters turned to crap (it's been similar for nsw origin since fittler and johns retired).

I am hoping we get Taylor as our head coach. And I hope we smash the raiders (sticking it to sticky for the news headline). I am still not sold on Henry, given the talent he's had at his disposal and the lack of success he's got from that talent.

14. Avenger

Avenger Referee

I have never been able to cop him but Stuart has now catapulted to the top of my f**kwit list. I wish his family all the best but I wish his coaching career all the worst. I want them to lose every game next year. If the NRL were smart they would put our game against Canberra at home as the season opener.

15. Avenger

Avenger Referee

PS I'm not sold on Henry either. Could Someone like Rick Stone, Tony Smith or Justin Morgan be the wildcards or interim coaches if we don't get our first on contract choice? I know who I would take as an interim seeing that our defence is diabolical. Any guesses?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  16. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

Henry does have his side playing attractive styles of play. Look how Campese played under him at the Raiders in 08. He could do the same for J Hayne.

17. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

I actually could care less that Ricky is gone. I am happy to go through whatever is needed, i think we will be better in the long run........

18. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

But he has had the best player in the world in his team and gotten nowhere, Murray did way more than Henry has ever done!

This year they should be having the week off right now (they are a top 2 side, easily), it wasn't till he was sacked that the team pulled their fingers out of their asses!

He is a better coach than our last 2, but i still don't really rate him.......imo he should have stayed at Canberra instead of shafting them!

19. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

Those would be the fans of the club that you just screwed over Ricky.
    You really don't give a shit about our club at all, do you.

20. Kornstar

Kornstar Coach

I would guess that even when he signed, he didn't care......me personally i want a coach who wants to be here......i think that's why i want Taylor, he did his apprenticeship here and it just feels right to me......