What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart to Canberra - Done Deal.

Mr Saab

Referee
Skeepe with his head in the sand. Ricky does not have it as a coach. Wow, they beat the warriors by 40 in one game....what about the rest of the season...what about how the chooks went down the toilet...and the sharks?
What about how he has NEVER improved a halfback he has ever coached...not one.

Good luck and enjoy

Noname36

First Grade
IMO Stuart won't go too badly at Canberra. He does better with established squads. Unless too many of them leave I think he'll go okay. Their squad is decent. Not brilliant, he won't take them to the top 4, but it's okay. They are a very mentally weak side and I think Stuart could help there. They will be f**ked though if/when he starts to rebuild.

Parra have got the better end of the deal though no doubt.

GONZO72

Juniors
How low is this guy? All this talk about deregistering players like Ferguson for walking out on a contract, how about this coach? The guy went to Parra, showed nothing but contempt for the players, dismantled the roster and has hung them out to dry at the first sniff of a better offer. Parra and their fans should be furious.

I believe Stuart is vastly overrated, but on NRL 360 last night, Paul Kent revealed that he is leaving mainly for family reasons. It's common knowledge that his daughter requires attention 24/7, and his extended family live in Canberra.

Stuart will have left 3 clubs in a worse position than when he arrived. Having said that, if I were in his shoes, I'd be leaving that rabble of a club as well.

I like the appointment. I think Stuart is very under-rated as a coach. Nobody could have done any better with that Eels side. Stuart had them primed to start the season, didnt they beat the Warriors by 40 points in round 1?

I agree that he has treated the Eels poorly, but I hate the Eels so that makes it even better in my opinion.

But Skeepe, it's never the squads fault. It's always the referees.

Oh, wait...

I understand now

Eelementary

Post Whore
I believe Stuart is vastly overrated, but on NRL 360 last night, Paul Kent revealed that he is leaving mainly for family reasons. It's common knowledge that his daughter requires attention 24/7, and his extended family live in Canberra.

Stuart will have left 3 clubs in a worse position than when he arrived. Having said that, if I were in his shoes, I'd be leaving that rabble of a club as well.

Oh, give me a break - he knew all this before he signed with us. His family excuse is just that - an excuse. For a guy who claims to be a straight-shooter full of passion, he doesn't even have the guts to say he doesn't want to coach here because of our board.

He's a dog.

STORM.99/07

Bench
I think the eels got the better of the deal.stuart was a good(not great) player and I think he brings nothing as a coach.Maybe retirement is the way to go ricky.

He might have some early success at the raiders. It could even last the whole year.

But as soon as his high intensity attitude starts wearing the team down things will go to sh*t. They always do with ricky.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Probably blame the Eels management. He is activating a "leave when ever the hell i like" clause. What kind of dickhead management puts that sort of clause in a coaching contract?

gronkathon

First Grade
Never done anything as a coach that wasn't on the back of somebody elses work and with Fittler running the show.

Good luck Canberra, you may just need it.

The Eels are a basket case but the guy actually did more damage then was already there when he arrived. Never has a coach so utterly destroyed a playing groups morale and belief.

Canard

Immortal
I like the appointment. I think Stuart is very under-rated as a coach. Nobody could have done any better with that Eels side. Stuart had them primed to start the season, didnt they beat the Warriors by 40 points in round 1?

I agree that he has treated the Eels poorly, but I hate the Eels so that makes it even better in my opinion.

Mirrors your feelings when Henry left the Raiders, obviously........

until the Cowboys are eliminated or win the comp there won't be any announcement - could be a distraction for him heading into finals or did he already have something in place ?

Eels or Dragons ?

Hard to understand why though? The coach they sacked going to another club would hardly be a shock

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Have no issue with the family being used as an reason if it is true. But what a load of bullshxt , Ricky was on around $850k at the eels, families deal with the same family issues Stuart has ( e.g. His daughters disability) on a family income a lot lower then that. On his income he would be able to afford the best possible treatment as opposed to families that struggle on incomes lower the $100k but have the same issues.

Ricky has revealed his true colours - his reputation is gone .

Look at Shane Flanagan - he has been offered a lot more money to leave the sharks - but he hasn't even needed to think about before saying no.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Have no issue with the family being used as an reason if it is true. But what a load of bullshxt , Ricky was on around $850k at the eels, families deal with the same family issues Stuart has ( e.g. His daughters disability) on a family income a lot lower then that. On his income he would be able to afford the best possible treatment as opposed to families that struggle on incomes lower the $100k but have the same issues.

Ricky has revealed his true colours - his reputation is gone .

Look at Shane Flanagan - he has been offered a lot more money to leave the sharks - but he hasn't even needed to think about before saying no.

betcats

Referee
Hahaha Ricky you weak merkin. He even managed to leave the wooden spoon team he inherited in worse shape then when he got them, he is an absolute fraud.

STORM.99/07

Bench
When he signed with the eels I felt sorry for them.stuart never gave the players any reason to play with confidence,some of his after match pressers were shocking,he didn`t mind kicking the players when they were down.I think ricky should have been kicked down by the players cos he had NO IDEA of coaching.
Good Luck for 2014 eels.

Matchball

Bench
I've said it before and I'll say it again.
Ricky Stuart is narcissistic. He shows the classic symptoms.

Hope he gets medicated for Raiders sake.

Latest posts