What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart v top-eight sides

Haha, I realise this has flaws. You're right, you wouldn't want to be counting rounds 1-3, maybe even 4. But round 11 is a pretty reasonable gauge as to who is playing like a top 8 team and who isn't. And the metric seems to fall against Sticky consistently, which I love.

Well I do not love this metric bro. An even worse metric is we have only won 1 daytime game all season, and that was vs the Tigers in round 2. It certainly doesn't bode well for this weekend.

Saxon

Bench
I've never been there, I'm from NZ. One thing I do know is that there are currently 8 coaches who have lived in Canberra at some point in their lives. If we are ruling out the other 7 as never wanting to live in the city again, I guess I underestimate the abject hatred of the city of Canberra by Australians.
If you've never been there it's probably hard to understand why the rest of us despise the place so much.
Ignorance is bliss; do yourself a favour and don't go to find out. You'll be a happier man.

Saxon

Bench
I'd rather live in Canberra that large swatches of western sydney. Canberra is a bit soulless I guess and obviously gets very cold in winter. If you're a toothless commodore driving bogan from penrith it would not be the place for you though....
Fair.

MKCS

Juniors
Teams from regional and less desirable cities are always going to struggle more than big city teams, that's just professional sports unfortunately. The modern NRL has only ever been won by 2 teams that are out of regional cities and both those teams had players who will go down in history as the best.

I'm pretty sure Michael Maguire or Craig Bellamy would.

Unfortunately I don't think so.

If Bellamy wants to return home he'll probably do so in some kind of high up position at the club that isn't in coaching, don't see him leaving Melbourne ever though unless the Raiders offered him life changing money or he had an intense desire to be in Canberra.

If Maguire is unsuccessful as NSW coach I'd see him potentially wanting to go to the Raiders but the more success he has as NSW coach the more likely it is that a more desirable team picks him up. If he wins Origin again next year I'd say every lower to mid tier team would want him. If he can string 3-4 series wins together then I think every top tier team would want him also.

Raiders stuck with Ricky for another decade I reckon.

nick87

Coach
Raiders stuck with Ricky for another decade I reckon.

Stuck implies this is something they dont want.
The Raiders club, from the board who appoint the HC, to the CEO who's his best mate since high school and everyone who has any power within the club is gleeful about having this bloke for as long as he wants it. They don't feel stuck with this bloke at all, they are glowing in effusive praise for him and speak about how lucky we are to have him.

He's only 57, if you're talking about the Raiders fans, then year we are going to be stuck with Stuart for another 10+ years. And even half the fanbase are so f**king stupid they're happy about that.
Welcome to my nightmare

TOP 2!!!!!!!!

Latest posts