What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart

ali

Bench
I'd much prefer we got Ricky Stuart than any of the other possible options. I think what has gone wrong at the Roosters is that he's been there a little too long. From what I gather he's a hard task master and maybe his methods are wearing a little thin at the Roosters. I think this guy is going to be a career coach. He was good enough to get the job done for NSW and now he's been given the ultimate accolade, the Kangaroos position. He's young enough to still be in touch with the game, and smart enough to learn from his mistakes of the last 2 years.

The best thing is he may attract a few decent players to the club. If we have a reaonable season with him in charge next year, I bet you anything that in 2008 we wont have to pay overs to get players. As has been well doccumented, a fair portion of Sydney's NRL stars live in the Shire. Why don't they want to play for our club? A coach such as Ricky Stuart would go a fair way towards solving this problem.

And I don't think finances are a valid reason for not sacking Raper. I can tell you now, if we go into round 1 next year with this current coach and squad, we'll be lucky have 7000 or 8000 home fans show up. If we sacked Raper and replaced him with Stuart, I reckon you could add another 6000 to the crowd. 6000*approx $25, =150K. Throw in more season ticket holders, more sponsorship, and we've gone a long way towards paying for Raper's sacking and Stuart's no doubt larger contract.

I still think Raper is heading up stairs anyway so lets not f**k around, get in touch with Ricky this week.!

Carlz

Juniors
Collateral said:
Well apparently Adrian Lam is in the running for the Roosters gig so you guys might be losing two coaches if youse axe Rapers aswell.
yeah that was also in todays paper.

this sucks i want raper out.
Although the reasons for stuarts wins have been done to death ie. relying on fittler/gus and so on, the basis behind him being dropped were what again?
- missing semis for the last two seasons in a row

where is our board on this?! or is this our culture of accepting mediocrity, again...

Dread

Juniors
Ali - that whole post reminds me of thoughts before we signed Anderson.

The main difference...... this time we have nothing to lose. We don't have a Dally M player of the year. We don't have a highly talented squad that just needs a fresh approach. There's nothing to gut. We have a clean slate for someone to come along and build on. Get Stuart, I don't give a f**k what has to happen, just sign him up and hand the reigns over to him. If Stuart disappears off the market because we're twiddling our thumbs, umming and ahhing about sacking Raper... then f**k me dead, heads will roll. Literally.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Does anybody really like the way Stuart coached the Roosters to play?
To be honest, I am not a big fan of that type of footy.

Alan Shore

First Grade
Sheros los Deros said:
Waite couldn't win the DRags a comp, when they had the salary cap of two NRl teams.

It took an almighty performance from Nikau to do that though. Very unlucky.

STEVE R

Juniors
I liked the way they played the year they had a big bastard of an NRL Premiership Trophy held above their heads. That'll do me just fine!

However, Ricky Stuart is not the answer to the problems at the Sharks.

island pro

Juniors
Ricky can make a tough decision... hes proven that (moving Finch to hooker ay reefy... reminds me of a decision you would have liked at the sharks)

Inferno

Coach
blacktip-reefy said:
Does anybody really like the way Stuart coached the Roosters to play?
To be honest, I am not a big fan of that type of footy.

Needs an exceptional halfback/5/8 to work. We are missing one, so no it wouldn't work.

That said, whose to say Sticky wouldn't adopt something different with our squad?

you forget Reefy, he doesn't rate Simmo:p

spider

Coach
No one could be worse than Raper - i would take one of the local JRL coaches over him - they would have more insight into how a team should function.

Thomo.

First Grade
sticky lives locally. but i couldn't see it happening

raper to stay = sharks wooden spooners next year

The Nulla #2

Bench
thomo_shark said:
sticky lives locally. but i couldn't see it happening

raper to stay = sharks wooden spooners next year

DONT YOU EVER f**kING SAY THAT

NEVER.

NEVER.