What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Talks about Fridays's Game

Quint

Juniors
But on the topic of the boys, well i said it, they sh*t themselves but to their credit, they probably shouldn't of been the to begin with. They did well, sh*t performance on fri night but they did well.

It was a two horse race all year, we just got a false sense of confidence leading into the game due the cards we were dealt.

We were probably the best of the rest but that doesn't say much, Manly and Melbourne are the top do with a fair gap in between.

Ah, I see the Denial syndrome.

We could have and should have beaten the Storm.
We Choked ...nothing more and nothing less.

It was a two horse race all year
We finished on the same points as Manly and Mel Pal....??????
Our attack and Defence we have shown over the past 6 weeks could have finished Melbourne but we Choked.......

Last edited:

azzah72

Bench
Ah, I see the Denial syndrome.
We could have and should have beaten the Storm.
We Choked ...nothing more and nothing less.

We finished on the same points as Manly and Mel Pal....??????
Our attack and Defence we have shown over the past 6 weeks could have finished Melbourne but we Choked.......

Out attack and defence shows we JUST beat most other teams this year, yes we finished on the same points but look at the vast difference in F/A of the top two teams compared to everyone else, we could easily of ended up like like last year, we could also have been at the bottom of the table. The top two's F/ A is overly superior, they smashed everybody all year. Who did we beat in our last 6 weeks?

You wanna know who? Gronks from the bottom half of the table, we also lost to Manly and Warriors, Manly was a belting. And we got smashed by Melbourne on friday night.

We could be considered the best of the rest, but the rest was far behind these two teams, that's for damn sure.

Melbourne Showed us, Manly Showed the warriors!

Quint

Juniors
And Souths Beat Manly 6 or so weeks ago.....
Our Bad game came at the worst time......Choked.....
And the Warriors beat The Storm........
The Storm were off their game on Friday but we were off full stop.

Last edited:

fizman

Bench
Bird would of not made a difference the other night.

We are just not up to that level yet. It was remarkable we got as far as we did. Next year with Williams, Tupou, Buster, Barrett, Hughes and hopefully Bird we will be better especially for the experience of how to handle the week off. Sticky could only do so much.

The game against the Raiders was not a finals style match. Cowboys, Raiders then a week off to face the storm in the biggest game of most of their careers? Eeeek!!

No need for me to post here anymore, because I agree with 100% you have to say. Couldn't agree more!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
anybody who thinks Bird would not have made a difference is an ignoramus.
We played a guy in his first starting game of his career in the biggest finals match of the club in 6 years.
You are f*cking kidding right?
The team had no confidence in Green & played accordingly.
1 stopped try & the tide may have turned considerably.
We may not have won it, but why bother even trying & pretending without Bird.
f*cken idiot club officials.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Pffftt, 28-0

Bird ain't that good.

Yeah sure we may have been closer, but still would have had Seymour out.

Can't recall Bird and Kimmorley as a halves combo ever doing well, perhaps you can reefy.

Anyways, I thought it was a great job by Ricky to get us that far with that cattle including Bird.

As I have said all year 2009 cannot come quick enough.

Jimbo

Immortal
Pffftt, 28-0

Bird ain't that good.

True

Having Bird in the team would have meant losing by less. At the end of the day, the result is still the same

Ball-handling was a far bigger factor than the halves, as usual

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
But Jimbo do not forget the bottom line. Kimmorley unlike Ando's promise/statement did not bring a Premiership here.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Neither did Pweston

Your point?
I do not recall the coach when signing Preston saying he will bring a premiership here.

When Kimmorley was signed, Mr Anderson made this call.

My point is the bottom line is in his years here Kimmorley did not bring us a premiership. Anderson was wrong.

Jimbo

Immortal
I do not recall the coach when signing Preston saying he will bring a premiership here.

When Kimmorley was signed, Mr Anderson made this call.

My point is the bottom line is in his years here Kimmorley did not bring us a premiership. Anderson was wrong.

So Anderson was confident

What an arsehole...

Jimbo

Immortal
and presto should still be wearing the sharks jersey

Well, you'd have to talk to Presto about that, considering he cracked the sh*ts and left

For the record I would have liked to see Campbell and Kimmorley at 6 and 7 in 2002, but unbfortuantely we had already signed Matthew Johns

Latest posts