What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky

Macca

Coach
Good points Attorney.

I don't think Stuart is another Anderson but even if he is, the time seems right for that type of coach. Who is left to clean out? Ando got rid of all that already, it has to be rebuilt. Ricky can rebuild it the way he wants without trampling on any of our history. Even if he punts Noddy, it's not the same as Deano, Nicko or Matty Rogers is it?

I think we need this type of coach now. I am aboard the Ricky bandwagon. We shouldn't miss this oppotunity.

Dread

Juniors
A club with nothing to lose... is a club without fear.

That's what Daredevil taught me.

Quigs

Immortal
Mate at this stage of my life I would sell my soul to the Devil to see the Sharks break the duck.

And if they did appoint the Devil and he won the comp.... well... they could sack him next year and appoint "another" George Roper..

Once I see that Premiers - Cronulla Sharks nee Cronulla Sutherland on the Champs board I will be eternally happy.

Cheers
(Declared Idiot #88)
Quigs

Isurus

Juniors
cronullashark said:
So much for your source?????????

Source:http://au.news.yahoo.com/060831/2/10cub.html

Thats a joke right? Would you really expect Fordham to spill the beans to the media??
Any approach by the Sharks would be a confidential one between them and Ricky's manamgement. What do you think Fordham would say if it was true...

"yep, the Sharks have approached Ricky to coach them in 2007 - they are going to sack Raper, but they want to use the internal review as the reason, so it won't be announced for a while"

Inferno

Coach
Macca said:
I wouldn't put too much faith in Ricky's manager denying the rumours. I know who Bundy's source is and it's watertight.

Exactly, and you would hope anyway if the Sharks have contacted him, they would want him to keep quiet anyway. Pending the outcome of the "independent review" :Lol: sorry can't say that with a straight face.

spider

Coach
Inferno said:
Exactly, and you would hope anyway if the Sharks have contacted him, they would want him to keep quiet anyway. Pending the outcome of the "independent review" :lol: sorry can't say that with a straight face.

And the absolute last thing any of them would want is for Sticky to be seen with anyone from the club - that would be very silly IMO. - sheesh!

givmeabeer

Juniors
I think go for it, we cannot do any worse plus the one thing that Ricky will have over Rapes is the players respect

Sharkie™

Juniors
im just thinking the players we can retain (gallen) and the players we can gain with ricky at the top...with raper we will have a PL side as our first grade in the space of a year because everyone will leave.

Jimbo

Immortal
Inferno said:
Pending the outcome of the "independent review" :lol: sorry can't say that with a straight face.

Yeah, it sounds a lot like the "independent" CEO vote earlier this year, doesn't it?

imasharkie

Coach
Imagine the pull the club would have with Ricky( australian coach) Stuart running the show. I'm sure evry player in the NRL would want to be associated with the club that has the aussie coach as their coach.
I'm not a Stuart fan but if he can bring big name players to our club,.............GREAT and that would mean a better chance of a premi. If Ricky was our coach when we made moves to players like Willy Mason do you honestly think he would say NO i'd rather stay at the Bulldogs for less money.
Ricky may not be the best coach but he is the Australian coach and therein lies our big chance.
f**k off Raper we need a coach.

Since 73

First Grade
SpiderShark:
Sponsorships, boxes, season seats -all go back on sale for 07 very, very soon, basically as soon as our season concludes this marketing formality begins.

Good point SS.
The poor numbers tomorrow nite will send a message that supporters have had the jack.
What merkin would line up for a ticket of another whole season of this??

The board know a new coach immediatley sends an excitment thru the shire and people will respond with season tickets.
Leave Roper there and sales will dry up.

Once again, a big NO on Sticky from me.
After Fittler retired he did not make the semis with a team full of rep players.

We are horifeid Roper continues to pick duds like scott and Noddy each week, but what about a coach who splurges half a million on Braith Anasta?????
That is frightening.
Every fan and player in the game knew he would be a dud buy - except Sticky.

Do not want him or his personality near shark Park.

sharkmachine07

Juniors
Aussie coach nsw coach and a coach that has taken a team to a premi and a heap of finals series take the chance with 2 hands jump on board Ricky.

Since 73

First Grade
PJ:
I agree 73, Sticky doesn't overly excite me.

But who then?

Tim Sheens has shown if you've got it you never lose it - unless you stay in the same place for too long like wayne Bennet.

I mentioned Graham Lowe the other day. he had great success at Manly and with SOO. And his players always had great things to say about him.

Funnily enuff they said last nite on the Footy show that he put his hand up for the Rorters job.

The Attorney said:
I am not sure about Ricky Stuart

He is better than Raper but seems to be another my way or the highway type.

Do we need another Anderson?

He seems to have a belligerent attitude that Raper is also supposed to have.

Plus i personally hate the bloke

His antics at the roosters were poor at best

At the sharks he wont have the untold amounts of money and Political pull that comes hand in hand with the latte drinking eastern suburbs club

Can the sharks afford to sack players and hire high profile ones at will?

When we whinge about referess do they change their intrepretations/way they run the game?

The answer is no

In effect Ricky is untried. He hasnt been at any club who doesnt have the best playing roster money can buy

Could we be hiring a riches coach to a rags club?

My opinion might be tied into the fact that i am not a fan of the roosters (the manly waringah of the 2000's)

Well said. Pretty much sums up my concerns too

cheese

Bench
Seriously ...Sticky may have some bad points, but his presence alone would atleast go a long way towards rebuilding to a respectable level

As Willy said in his article today, players want to play under him. How long this will last, i dont know, but if we have Ricky next year we will go alot closer to signing the big name players that we would be unable to sign with the laughing stock that is Stuart Raper.

Not to forget that he doesnt rate simmo, or noddy ....what more could you ask for in a coach?!

imasharkie said:
Imagine the pull the club would have with Ricky( australian coach) Stuart running the show. I'm sure evry player in the NRL would want to be associated with the club that has the aussie coach as their coach.
I'm not a Stuart fan but if he can bring big name players to our club,.............GREAT and that would mean a better chance of a premi. If Ricky was our coach when we made moves to players like Willy Mason do you honestly think he would say NO i'd rather stay at the Bulldogs for less money.
Ricky may not be the best coach but he is the Australian coach and therein lies our big chance.
f**k off Raper we need a coach.

Having the Australian Coach didn't do wonders for our playing roster under Anderson. Why would Stuart be any different?