What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Em Cowboy

soc123_au

Staff member
I have decided that the reason Penrith lost against Parramatta is that the game day thread went up far too early.
Please can it be a RULE that the game day thread must NOT be put up until after the end of the round.

Me and my supersitions would be much happier.

Thank you.
I've still got PTSD from Pugsleys "Panthers 2020 Premiers" thread a few hours before kick off on GF day. That thread wasn't made and we are going for the 4 peat this year.

Fangs

Coach
The game day thread happened......WHILST the game was to be played. I'M OUTRAGED.......
shocked season 3 GIF

Better safe than sorry imo.

Why stop at next week? We could make a thread in advance for every game in 2024. Gives us something to do in the off-season.

I have decided that the reason Penrith lost against Parramatta is that the game day thread went up far too early.
Please can it be a RULE that the game day thread must NOT be put up until after the end of the round.

Me and my supersitions would be much happier.

Thank you.
Not my fault. I'm not apart of the coaching staff, and I don't play.

Girds89

Bench
I dont think salmon has the lateral speed to defend at 6 in the finals.

Any smart coach will target him..

Cogger isnt quick but he certainly has a few yards on salmon laterally.

Scares the shit out of me thinking how much salmon gets targetted by a quick fb on a sweeping move. Hed get burned bad or itd comprise or defence and people would try jamming in to compensate...

I like salmon and i think he is fine filling in at 6 mid season against mid table teams... but not against the top teams in the finals..

Cogger has to be 6 and i think he will be. Him and nath are similar but i think they can make it work.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I dont think salmon has the lateral speed to defend at 6 in the finals.

Any smart coach will target him..

Cogger isnt quick but he certainly has a few yards on salmon laterally.

Scares the shit out of me thinking how much salmon gets targetted by a quick fb on a sweeping move. Hed get burned bad or itd comprise or defence and people would try jamming in to compensate...

I like salmon and i think he is fine filling in at 6 mid season against mid table teams... but not against the top teams in the finals..

Cogger has to be 6 and i think he will be. Him and nath are similar but i think they can make it work.

Peter Lang also thinks Cogger will be 6. Like with SOS last year.

Girds89

Bench
Very poorly. Lacks the stamina to play 80 mins

Whilst i didn't watch id assume he was only 6 cause no sommerton.

So falls had to play 9.. with mclean out cole had to play centre..

So him playing 6 was more out of necessity than purely a coaching decision..

Hes a back up at best at 6 for a week here or there.

Paps or drinkwater or ponga or walsh would literally own him on sweep plays..

And it wouldnt even be his fault. Would just be dumb coaching..

Cogger will be the 6 like i said last week.. his not perfect but we have to make do

Girds89

Bench
My thoughts on the cows...

Rest every top 13 player we can..

Yeah it means we might be under done come week one. Especially with tago out for over a month and other missing...

But id rather get to week 1 only missing luai than risk nathan being out or yeo...

It's a tough call but i think these guys have enough big game experience and fitness to have a few weeks off at this time of year...

Week off... train the house down with cogger at 6. Lots of fitness and high intensity work but not a heap of high contact risky stuff.

Come into week 1 fresh as and see how we go...

We arent a lazy team.. a week off and the boys will train the house down... time to do a heap of video reviews of melbs and warriors and go from there..

Im confident in us this year but we cant risk more injures or suspensions in a nothing game imo.

The boys are experienced enough to only play every few weeks at the back end of the year

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm not sure that will happen. Pulling players out for fear of injury......I think (have no evidence) that Ivan will want some runs in the legs for players who have been injured.
Because of this weeks loss, it will probably be close to full strength as we can get. This will be an effect to iron out any issues with Cogger at 6, and possibly Sommerton on the bench because of Kenny.

Ivan I believe will be going with this idea.

2 losses on the trot won't help confidence comming into the finals.

maple_69

Bench
Who knows. On one hand, getting a proper run in with a new five eighth would be handy, on the other, it sounds like it would be for one game against the Warriors. I’m all for not getting ahead of ourselves but between our pack and full strength (minus May) backline we have just completely dominated Melbourne twice. Cogger/Salmon just need to defend. I dont think NZ is in the same league, not anyone except Brisbane and potentially Melbourne are a different proposition with Pappy. I reckon we rest and make sure the foundation of our dominance, the engine room, is primed and the Warriors just don’t get to go into our half.

Bob

Juniors
I'm not sure that will happen. Pulling players out for fear of injury......I think (have no evidence) that Ivan will want some runs in the legs for players who have been injured.
Because of this weeks loss, it will probably be close to full strength as we can get. This will be an effect to iron out any issues with Cogger at 6, and possibly Sommerton on the bench because of Kenny.

Ivan I believe will be going with this idea.

2 losses on the trot won't help confidence comming into the finals.
Sommerton will start with Luke off the bench as Ivan did a couple of weeks ago, I like Cogger at 6, Salmon and Peachy nowhere near the side,

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Sommerton will start with Luke off the bench as Ivan did a couple of weeks ago, I like Cogger at 6, Salmon and Peachy nowhere near the side,

I agree. I think though it's important to put our strongest side out there against the Cows.

Latest posts