What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ride Em Cowboy

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'd like to see everyone who is fit to play.

Scotty too hotty, Kenny and Tago all need some runs and game fitness in their legs.
Luke you mentioned Luai. You think he may play first week of the finals ?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I'd like to see everyone who is fit to play.

Scotty too hotty, Kenny and Tago all need some runs and game fitness in their legs.
Luke you mentioned Luai. You think he may play first week of the finals ?
I didn’t say that, but I heard today that he’s a chance.

Personally I’d like see him not play until the GF qualifier. We don’t need him to beat the Wahs.

One good thing is by the time of our match we know where we stand. Brisbane plays on Thursday. The club could name a fairly full-strength squad. Come Saturday pull a few players if we are going to finish 2nd anyway.
Billy Slater said on the weekend that Penrith could name a squad with an extended bench of up to 22 or 23. That way Ivan could wait and see what happens with the Broncos/Storm game then select his squad accordingly.

That being said, I hope Tago gets a run, regardless of Thursday night’s result.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Id rest most, give Tages a run, along with Kenny and maybe Sorro.

If we finish 2nd, we play the Warriors, they are just not in the class of ourselves, Brisbane and maybe Storm. If we are at full strength come Rnd 1 Finals, at home, we will absolutely dominate them across the park..

Sime_11

Juniors
id be resting Yeo & Kenny this week regardless of Storm/Broncs result - both of them 100% for Week 1 is what we need.

if Brisbane win - then you dont play Martin, Critta & Tago if he still needs time (maybe Fish as well)

Edwards & Cleary will run the show with the forwards against the Cows

id be resting Yeo & Kenny this week regardless of Storm/Broncs result - both of them 100% for Week 1 is what we need.

if Brisbane win - then you dont play Martin, Critta & Tago if he still needs time (maybe Fish as well)

Play Critta if we make the grand final, he'll play 100 first grade games

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors

No way id be risking Edwards and Cleary in a game that means nothing. Either of those two go down in that game we can kiss the year away.

Hooked

Juniors
Michael Chammas

By Michael Chammas

August 28, 2023 — 5.00am
The Penrith Panthers intend to wait until after Thursday night’s clash between the Broncos and Storm before deciding whether to rest key players for their final regular-season game.

The Panthers need the Broncos to lose on Thursday to maintain their hopes of winning the minor premiership when they take on the Cowboys at home on Saturday night.

A win for the Broncos, which would put top spot out of the Panthers’ reach, is expected to result in the defending champions resting fullback Dylan Edwards, with the club also considering giving skipper Isaah Yeo and back-rower Liam Martin a week off to get themselves right for the finals.

Halfback Nathan Cleary is expected to partner Jack Cogger in the halves regardless of the Storm-Broncos result. Centre Izack Tago, who hasn’t played since round 20 due to a hamstring injury, is in line to return.

downforasesh

Juniors
The minor would be cool and all but I feel like finishing second might be better for a run to the GF. Maybe I'm underestimating the Wahs but I'd rather play them than Melbourne first up (especially since we'll probably be without Luai for that game)

I also like the idea of Broncs and Storm playing 2 weeks in a row and bashing each other up

Bred not Bought

Juniors
The minor would be cool and all but I feel like finishing second might be better for a run to the GF. Maybe I'm underestimating the Wahs but I'd rather play them than Melbourne first up (especially since we'll probably be without Luai for that game)

I also like the idea of Broncs and Storm playing 2 weeks in a row and bashing each other up

Reynolds, Hughes and Grant have injuries. It is only fitting their matches should go to extra time.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I am tooing and frowing about whether the rest players or not.

I've decided it's well above my pay grade, so I shan't be going there.

So I will cheer for (on delay) whomever runs out in a Penrith jersey. (going out that night, not taking my phone, too big of a distraction).

Munky

Coach
Does the AFL still do a rest week before the finals?

Looks like the NRL coaches are doing one themselves.

Latest posts