What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Lance Thompson

carcharias

Immortal
It is a shame that all the footage I’ve seen on the news is of the Brown slapping Barrett incident.

Lance was a bloody tough footy player
Played his guts out for the Dragons and for the sharks.

I met him once
It was at a pre season bbq before his first game for the Sharks
I got the impression his heart wasn’t in it and that he was a bit embarrassed to be in Sharks colours.
Which I can totally understand.
He was a through and through Dragon.

Anyway he proved me wrong with his professionalism when he did play for the Sharks.
A bloody tough player.

I’m thinking the local derby can now be
Steve Rogers cup at Shark park
Lance Thompson cup at Kogarah

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I didnt watch that episode of the Fan then but just saw that bit with Thomo online. It wasnt that long ago it was recorded and looked so happy to talk about his playing days and everything.

He was mostly known for his time at the Dragons but mentioned he enjoyed his time at Cronulla.

I remember at the timehe was a manager of a few of the players whilst still playing. Kevin Kingston was one of them dont know the others but that so good of him looking after the young guys coming through.

He reminded of the old school footy players. A tough player who gave 100% each week no matter who he played for.

He will be missed

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Never paid him a huge amount of attention as he didn't play for my club. But from a distance he seemed to represent all that is good about Rugby League.

I would like to see the NRL memorialise him with some kind of perpetual trophy for community service/leadership/general good blokeness.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm shattered after hearing that my favourite saint is gone. Lance was the epitome of tough and always played in the spirit of the game. His love for saints and rugby league was there for all to see, even when he played for the sharks.

What a sad day and a huge loss for rugby league and it brings a tear to my eyes seeing so many posts in his honour.

My heart goes out to his family and friends and I hope the club honours him as the champion that he is.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I remember watching Lance play first grade as a 17 year old and there was a BewHaHa. Lance didn't take a backward step. I remember Sterlo saying imagine this kid in the playground at school.

By all reports he continued to mentor and manage young players post football and the kids in my local area play for the Lance Thompson Cup.

Absolute champion bloke who was loved by all and will be missed.

RIP Big Fella.

Latest posts