What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

H.H

Juniors
Thanks mate, such an intelligent and well thought out post.

Well just stop talking about this now, because you don't like the "feels" of the thread.

Haha - took me 24 hours of thinking to come up with that!!!

No less intelligent than most of the other gibber. But carry on, you have my permission.

AJB1102

First Grade
You did more than look like scoring. All BJ had to do was execute a basic catch and pass to Rapana and you take the lead and probably win.

But no, as we know it isn't enough for Joey to take the shortest route from A to B. Instead he tried to take the detour to overcomplicate things and he bombed it.

Sometimes the best touch of the ball is the simplest and shortest one, Joey.

Frankly he's lucky Cummins is the enemy because BJ is far more to blame for the loss.

I'm just rewatching now and before the 20 minute mark Tapine has turned his back to let a try in, got the Chooks outta their end with a dumb, blatant foot in the PTB penalty then another for a high shot.

Fangs

Coach
End of...now close this thread and move on.

Nonsense. This thread will live on.

Did you ever wonder why we couldn't book Neil Young for the NRL grand final? Just look at his lyrics.

The day, the NRL died. My my, this Todd Greenberg guy.

Hey hey my my, the NRL has officially died. My my hey hey, the NRL aint here to stay...etc.

Valheru

Coach
LU has led a crusade (mostly quite rightly in my opinion) about the Storm's wrestling tactics over the last decade.

Yet the Roosters, via Robinson, have introduced a blight on the game, that is every bit as bad, if not worse, being the strategy of giving away deliberate penalties on the try line to stop tries.

Complete arsewipes like Gould laud this tactic as "heroic" defence and whinged incessantly when the League tried to crack down on it. So any crocodile tears, for the Roosters in this situation is laughable.

This is a myth that has been debunked on numerous occasions

But carry in with that victim mentality.

Canard

Immortal
This is a myth that has been debunked on numerous occasions

But carry in with that victim mentality.

Show me evidence that the Roosters consistently concede less penalties then other teams in their red zone.

It's a clear Robinson tactic. It got to the point this year where Maria Hargreaves would be screaming at the referees to penalise him.

Valheru

Coach
Show me evidence that the Roosters consistently concede less penalties then other teams in their red zone.

It's a clear Robinson tactic. It got to the point this year where Maria Hargreaves would be screaming at the referees to penalise him.

I don't need to show you anything, you are the one making the claim.

A bit of history.

This dates back to 2013-15 when simple minded people such as yourself started claiming that we deliberately give away penalties in the red zone in a futile attempt to explain away the fact that despite our dominance we lost the vast majority of penalty counts and had by far the worst penalty differential.

There are two key issues with this:

1. Our penalty differential discrepancy was all about penalties received as that was the outlier statistic. Our penalties conceded since 2013 has been middle of the road.

2. We don't concede proportionally more penalties in the red zone compared to other clubs. There was a post during that 13-15 period that showed we conceded far more penalties in the opposition red zone than our own.

I'm not saying we have never deliberately conceded a penalty in the red zone but it is in line with other clubs.

You are the one that needs to show evidence to the contrary. It is freely available so shouldn't be too hard.

Canard

Immortal
I don't need to show you anything, you are the one making the claim.

A bit of history.

This dates back to 2013-15 when simple minded people such as yourself started claiming that we deliberately give away penalties in the red zone in a futile attempt to explain away the fact that despite our dominance we lost the vast majority of penalty counts and had by far the worst penalty differential.

There are two key issues with this:

1. Our penalty differential discrepancy was all about penalties received as that was the outlier statistic. Our penalties conceded since 2013 has been middle of the road.

2. We don't concede proportionally more penalties in the red zone compared to other clubs. There was a post during that 13-15 period that showed we conceded far more penalties in the opposition red zone than our own.

I'm not saying we have never deliberately conceded a penalty in the red zone but it is in line with other clubs.

You are the one that needs to show evidence to the contrary. It is freely available so shouldn't be too hard.

So you think that the era before Robinson arrival at the club helps your point?

And what do you think the NRLs crackdown on this tactic last year came from???

It's one of the shittiest things that's been introduced into our game, and Coach Botox is responsible for it.

Valheru

Coach
So you think that the era before Robinson arrival at the club helps your point?

And what do you think the NRLs crackdown on this tactic last year came from???

It's one of the shittiest things that's been introduced into our game, and Coach Botox is responsible for it.

Our penalty record for the 5 years pre robbo is consistent with what has happened the last 7 years.

Back to the drawing board for you

Lambretta

First Grade
Just remember the six again was not one error it was three.

The initial error was to signal six again, the second was to change the decision and the third was to order the handover. All 3 actions were errors. But 3 wrongs make a right for some people.

I understand your first two points, but why is the handover an error?

If someone is caught in possession on the last isn't a handover standard practice?

Thats why Easts fans are crying after being gifted a premiership.

Yep crying with joy. It seems to be mostly non-Raiders fans who are carrying on about what the referees did. The vast majority of Raiders supporters have shown more class on this than anyone as they have more reason to feel aggrieved than anyone.

typicalfan

Coach
I understand your first two points, but why is the handover an error?

If someone is caught in possession on the last isn't a handover standard practice?
The play was irregularly affected by the 6 again and change in the play. It should have been treated like the trainer incident in the first half and the Raiders should have received a scrum.

This may seem unfair and it is, because it is the result of the 2 refereeing errors in the lead up. But the Raiders had possession and were denied an opportunity.

2 weeks

Coach
Nonsense. This thread will live on.

Did you ever wonder why we couldn't book Neil Young for the NRL grand final? Just look at his lyrics.

The day, the NRL died. My my, this Todd Greenberg guy.

Hey hey my my, the NRL has officially died. My my hey hey, the NRL aint here to stay...etc.

But October made me shiver
With every poor decision they'd deliver
Bad news on the doorstep
I couldn't take one more step
I can't remember if I cried
When they pulled Simple Jack aside
Something touched me deep inside
The day the NRL died