What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Roosters

Dragon David

First Grade
Hey Guys

I started a NRL Games thread which you should have put these posts onto. But agree with your comments.
I’m calling it Roosters won’t make the 8!! Bulldogs beating them will put them in shock mode!
As much as I'd like to Mickey I wouldnt be writing them off just yet. But one thing it may send that troll thats been on the dragons forum over to the bulldogs :))

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’m currently selling a 7m jayco caravan. New tyres & a fresh gas bottle. $29k ono.

thebigredv

First Grade
I miss the days when as Dragons fans we could sink the boot into the fans of our rivals. Those days when we were actually in every contest and their was lofty expectations within the club and for the prospects of the team. The red v meant something back then. We try hard these days no doubt but the bar is set very low as this chasm between the haves and have-nots widens.

The truth is I'd give my right arm to get someone like Trent Robinson over to the Dragons.

The Roosters trounced the Titans and, notably, were very disappointed with their own game. Let's see what we do. If I were a betting man I reckon we play them into form.

justadragon

Bench
I miss the days when as Dragons fans we could sink the boot into the fans of our rivals. Those days when we were actually in every contest and their was lofty expectations within the club and for the prospects of the team. The red v meant something back then. We try hard these days no doubt but the bar is set very low as this chasm between the haves and have-nots widens.

The truth is I'd give my right arm to get someone like Trent Robinson over to the Dragons.

The Roosters trounced the Titans and, notably, were very disappointed with their own game. Let's see what we do. If I were a betting man I reckon we play them into form.
Couldnt agree with you more mate, I have said this before but got roasted, we need Bellamy here, yes I know he is under some sort of consultancy contract, but stuff it throw everything at him, as the godfather said make him an offer he cant refuse !!!!!

thebigredv

First Grade
Couldnt agree with you more mate, I have said this before but got roasted, we need Bellamy here, yes I know he is under some sort of consultancy contract, but stuff it throw everything at him, as the godfather said make him an offer he cant refuse !!!!!

We used to be able to develop juniors and that kept us competitive regardless of the coach. Back then it was also a more even playing field. Now the whole juniors thing has become a very underwhelming and sometimes contentious issue. In short, it's been crap. No ability of coaches to develop them or they were lost and head hunted by better clubs. Players dropped, played out of position, or excluded etc.

Without one of the likes of a Bellamy, Gould, Robinson or Politis who stop it nothing to get the best for their club we will continue to be making up numbers. Absolutely we should be ruthlessly trying to get the very best. Hell, the actual battle is being lost off the field not on it . We all know how that ended when we got it done at the end of 08.

I don't care if anyone calls my support into question. Nor should you. I was being shot down when discrediting the signings of Woods and Mbye. No disrespect to them but we could have had a Hynes or Pangai Jr instead if we were tenacious and capable enough. Wouldn't have even broke the bank... Those same critical posters have faded off into the shadows.

Watched on with absolute dismay in the second half yesterday until I switched it off. It wasn't that I didn't see it coming, it was that it was a forgone conclusion. I'm sick to death of ineptness at our club. They'll paint it as a building year or whatever and 10 years on you will wind up exactly where you began.