What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Roosters

Dragon David

First Grade
We used to be able to develop juniors and that kept us competitive regardless of the coach. Back then it was also a more even playing field. Now the whole juniors thing has become a very underwhelming and sometimes contentious issue. In short, it's been crap. No ability of coaches to develop them or they were lost and head hunted by better clubs. Players dropped, played out of position, or excluded etc.

Without one of the likes of a Bellamy, Gould, Robinson or Politis who stop it nothing to get the best for their club we will continue to be making up numbers. Absolutely we should be ruthlessly trying to get the very best. Hell, the actual battle is being lost off the field not on it . We all know how that ended when we got it done at the end of 08.

I don't care if anyone calls my support into question. Nor should you. I was being shot down when discrediting the signings of Woods and Mbye. No disrespect to them but we could have had a Hynes or Pangai Jr instead if we were tenacious and capable enough. Wouldn't have even broke the bank... Those same critical posters have faded off into the shadows.

Watched on with absolute dismay in the second half yesterday until I switched it off. It wasn't that I didn't see it coming, it was that it was a forgone conclusion. I'm sick to death of ineptness at our club. They'll paint it as a building year or whatever and 10 years on you will wind up exactly where you began.
We all know what our problem(s) is/are. Surely the head office jokers would also know this? They know what it takes to win a premiership. Craig Young has won a couple and Doust got us Bennett but now they seem happy with mediocrity and pleased that we are still a part of the NRL.

Why oh why wasn't that big Dragon supporter Paul Smith (I think that is his name) given the 50% ownership of the Joint Venture. His Sydney Kings outfit have been going great guns this year and not too bad the previous years since his investment in them.

God damn it!!!!

Dragon David

First Grade
We all know what our problem(s) is/are. Surely the head office jokers would also know this? They know what it takes to win a premiership. Craig Young has won a couple and Doust got us Bennett but now they seem happy with mediocrity and pleased that we are still a part of the NRL.

Why oh why wasn't that big Dragon supporter Paul Smith (I think that is his name) given the 50% ownership of the Joint Venture. His Sydney Kings outfit have been going great guns this year and not too bad the previous years since his investment in them.

God damn it!!!!
Sorry, this should have been on another thread as it has got little to do with the Roosters but then again it might be a thread which reads RIP Dragons.

justadragon

Bench
We used to be able to develop juniors and that kept us competitive regardless of the coach. Back then it was also a more even playing field. Now the whole juniors thing has become a very underwhelming and sometimes contentious issue. In short, it's been crap. No ability of coaches to develop them or they were lost and head hunted by better clubs. Players dropped, played out of position, or excluded etc.

Without one of the likes of a Bellamy, Gould, Robinson or Politis who stop it nothing to get the best for their club we will continue to be making up numbers. Absolutely we should be ruthlessly trying to get the very best. Hell, the actual battle is being lost off the field not on it . We all know how that ended when we got it done at the end of 08.

I don't care if anyone calls my support into question. Nor should you. I was being shot down when discrediting the signings of Woods and Mbye. No disrespect to them but we could have had a Hynes or Pangai Jr instead if we were tenacious and capable enough. Wouldn't have even broke the bank... Those same critical posters have faded off into the shadows.

Watched on with absolute dismay in the second half yesterday until I switched it off. It wasn't that I didn't see it coming, it was that it was a forgone conclusion. I'm sick to death of ineptness at our club. They'll paint it as a building year or whatever and 10 years on you will wind up exactly where you began.
good post mate, i have posted before that there is a wide gap in ability between us and the better clubs, coaches players etc, i wont comment on our juniors because i think there is enough there to see they will be quality players, but will they reach their potential under our coaching regime that is the question. i agree about players like hynes etc but would they have performed the way they have at the dragons, until we start forking out the dollars and stop searching for bargain basement assets coach included, we are going nowhere

Latest posts