What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP Wakefield

Evil Homer

Staff member
The plans for the 'community stadium' which was central to their licence application have collapsed. Not that they ever got off the ground to begin with. They will surely now not be awarded a license in 3 years time.

deluded pom?

Coach
Prob there letsbe is that Cas's new ground is in Castleford. It's not as if it's on the outskirts in the direction of Wakey. Will the fans go? Will Cas let them do it?

bartman

Immortal
The Wakey-Cas situation was always going to be the one the league had to resolve for the next move forward, in agreeing an expansion club without necessarily needing to increase the number of teams.

Looks like the stadium planning permission might resolve it for them.

Toulouse for sure for 2012 imo, if they follow the advice they received from their recent application during the next three years.

bowes

Juniors
Toulouse I tell ya. Mistake not letting them through this time.
Toulouse didn't help themselves though, when they refused to get any kind of decent team in the French League even though playing performance was an area franchises were judged on

The Clan

Juniors
i've heard the taxman is after wakefield too......

I can tell you now that isn't true!

Wakefield Trinity are now one of the most solvent clubs in the SL.

I know the potted history of their finances having been a BIG loser in their CVA action. However they now run a very tight ship in terms of finances and have made a profut in two of the last three years.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Cas, Wakey and Salford are all on borrowed time unless they get their new grounds built, or at least started, by 2011.