What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rivalry Round 19 | Knights 32-6 Sea Eagles @ Hunter | Sat 5.30pm

Round 19 result :: Knights vs Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
nrl-r19newman.jpg

MATCH BROADCAST ON SPEED 512 AT 5.30PM

2012teams-new-her.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Timana Tahu 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Zeb Taia 9. Danny Buderus (c) 10. Willie Mason 11. Chris Houston 12. Joel Edwards 13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Marvin Filipo 15. Zane Tetevano 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Alex McKinnon
Reserve: 18. Robbie Rochow

2012teams-man-alt.jpg

1. Dean Whare 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Jason King 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tony Williams 13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Joe Galuvao 16. Darcy Lussick 17. George Rose
Reserves: 18. Vic Mauro 19. Daniel Harrison

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jason Robinson and Tony De Las Heras

Sideline Officials: Luke Potter and Brenden Wood
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Related Matches :: Toyota Cup R19
Knights v Sea Eagles at Hunter, Sat 3:15pm
Related Matches :: VB NSW Cup R19
Cronulla Sharks (CRO, MEL) v Newcastle Knights (NEW) at Henson Park, Marrickville, Sat 1:00pm

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Brett Stewart's out, but they've still got Cherry-Evans, Foran, Williams, Matai, Watmough, Glenn Stewart (maybe), Ballin, Lyon and T-Rex.

f**k it :(

Last edited:

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Newcastle Knights have named a 17-man team for Saturday night’s Round 19 clash against the Manly Sea Eagles at Hunter Stadium.

Zeb Taia, who was named in the starting side last week but moved to the bench in place of Zane Tetevano, has again been named in the front row while Marvin Filipo will replace Kyle O’Donnell (concussion) on the bench for the Rivalry Round clash.

This will be Filipo's second appearance in NRL this season after playing in Round 3 against the Brisbane Broncos. The utility, who has been a consistent performer in NSW Cup, played in the Origin curtain raiser for the NSW Cup Representative team at Suncorp Stadium last week.

O'Donnell will be rested this weekend as he recovers from concussion.

NRL Round 19:

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus
3. Dane Gagai
4. Timana Tahu
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Zeb Taia
9. Danny Buderus (c)
10. Willie Mason
11. Chris Houston
12. Joel Edwards
13. Neville Costigan
Interchange
14. Marvin Filipo
15. Zane Tetevano
16. Adam Cuthbertson
17. Alex McKinnon
LINK

Looks like we're going to get monstered in the forwards again ...

Big Tim

First Grade
LINK

Looks like we're going to get monstered in the forwards again ...

Its not like we have much other choice.

We used the cap gained from Faas on KOD, and now he needs a week out for his concussion.

Nothing we can do about our forwards situation this season.

Big Tim

First Grade

Fair point.

Though, as the article states, Filipo was selected for NSW Residents, so he must be showing some form.

I honestly couldnt handle the furore around here if Tui got the nod ahead of Tets, KOD or Filipo.......

Jobdog

Live Update Team
What I'm saying is nothing against Filipo, it's more to do with the fact we got monstered by Souths last week and Manly's pack is just as big, if not bigger so surely we need a bit of size on the bench.

Big Tim

First Grade
What I'm saying is nothing against Filipo, it's more to do with the fact we got monstered by Souths last week and Manly's pack is just as big, if not bigger so surely we need a bit of size on the bench.

Im on your side, in fact, I completely forgot about Tui.

But, just ask everyone, these young guys will win us the game, grab three tries each, plus they will run for 300m and show more effort than any player before them.

My main point is that it is now >June 30 so there is next to nothing we can do to improve our roster. The one thing we did lasted 9 minutes. Thats the type of season we are having.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Manly:

1. Dean Whare 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Jamie Lyon 4. Steve Matai 5. David Williams 6. Kieran Foran 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Jason King 9. Matt Ballin 10. Brent Kite 11. Anthony Watmough 12. Tony Williams 13. Glenn Stewart

Interchange: 14. Jamie Buhrer 15. Joe Galuvao 16. Darcy Lussick 17. George Rose 18. Vic Mauro 19. Daniel Harrison
LINK

perverse

Referee
I don't think many could complain if Tui got a run over Marv. We need every kilo we can get against Manly. They are typically a team that knows they can just bash us clean out of a game, and I'm sure they'll take the same approach again.

Is it written in stone that we can't afford to bring up Sims at some stage this year? I don't know how much we freed up by Richie, and how much was used up by KOD? Either way, probably not a good game to be blooding another rookie... but then I thought that a bit about last week, too (and perhaps that was correct, given he lasted all of 9 minutes).

What is wrong with their back 5? All of them have shown a bit in first grade... quality centres, capable wingers. Whare may or may not be good at fullback, not sure.

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
Manly by however much they want to win by.

Good to see Filipo getting a run, but the above posts have got me wondering why is Tui so out of favour? Tets didn't set the world on fire last week and Zeb is no prop, Tui was very solid in 2011.

Latest posts