What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RL2 Delayed!!!

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
Where did u hear that? EB?? They lie! It will come out in September...I hope. Or i'll write an angry email in red text to Mario

renouf

Juniors
Get F.uck3d

Sidhe are the sh*test game developer

at least EA can set a date and stick to it.. and produce a reasonable game.. now all we have to wait for is fifa 2006

Sun_Down

Juniors
renouf said:
Get F.uck3d

Sidhe are the sh*test game developer

at least EA can set a date and stick to it.. and produce a reasonable game.. now all we have to wait for is fifa 2006

Would you rather a crap rushed release?

Here we go, comparing it to EA...:roll:

Nuke

Staff member
Late 2005, which is no help considering we're in late 2005 as it is. RL1 came out on December 6 (same day as Dad's birthday - that's how I remember that!), so perhaps another December release ...?

simostorm

Bench
Im annoyed cos im dying to play it so badly, but I'd dont mind if they are doing it to better the game, which im sure is why.

renouf

Juniors
Sun_Down said:
Would you rather a crap rushed release?

Here we go, comparing it to EA...:roll:

It won't matter a sh*t.. the game will still be released with bugs in it, regardless of whether its released tomorrow or next year.. it will have LESS bugs, but bugs will still be there... and yes I am comparing the two companies, SIDHE have no idea what they are doing.. seriously they can't even set a date and stick to it, that shows a lack of project management on their behalf... poor planning.

bartman

Immortal
If not September, then November is better than December. Trying to feed off some of the Tri-Nations interest (in all three countries) rather than leaving it until the very end of the year.

I'd prefer a release with the extra work and updated 2006 rosters and everything in March for the start of the season than a December 05 release, if it's not ready for September.

bulldog

Bench
I'd rather a completed game be released. If it came out tomorrow and had half as many bugs as the last one I would take it back for a refund. Late releases don't bother me much, incomplete releases where I'm forced into paying out good money for what amounts to a beta version bothers me a lot.

Take your time, get it right, the delays will be quickly forgotten.

Fairleigh Good!

Juniors
renouf said:
It won't matter a sh*t.. the game will still be released with bugs in it, regardless of whether its released tomorrow or next year.. it will have LESS bugs, but bugs will still be there... and yes I am comparing the two companies, SIDHE have no idea what they are doing.. seriously they can't even set a date and stick to it, that shows a lack of project management on their behalf... poor planning.

You are an idiot, and you know nothing about the games industry.

EA Sports spend millions upon millions on their games, to make them all sparkly and nice looking. The truth is that their games are all poor, bar Madden. FIFA sucks, Cricket sucks.

Sidhe on the other hand are the only game developer that will touch league, for that alone we should be thankful. They do not spend a fraction of what EA spend, yet managed to produce a solid game first out, that I personally have played more than any other over the past 12 months. It was far from perfect, but it was a fine first effort. The second one will also not be perfect, but will be one step up the ladder, which is all we can ask.

And as for games being delayed, most games are! If you want delay examples look at the Championship Manager (Football Manager now) series. That was regularly delayed by as much as 5 months. EA sports will not often delay a game, not because their games are less buggy than anyone else's, but merely because they care only for $$$'s and couldn't care less if the game is good or not. They release it with the bugs in it, then go back to working on the graphics so they can entice more fools to buy the next edition.

Personally, I would much rather have Sidhe developing the League game than some faceless corporation like EA Sports.

renouf

Juniors
Fairleigh Good! said:

EA Sports spend millions upon millions on their games, to make them all sparkly and nice looking. The truth is that their games are all poor, bar Madden. FIFA sucks, Cricket sucks.

Sidhe on the other hand are the only game developer that will touch league, for that alone we should be thankful. They do not spend a fraction of what EA spend, yet managed to produce a solid game first out, that I personally have played more than any other over the past 12 months. It was far from perfect, but it was a fine first effort. The second one will also not be perfect, but will be one step up the ladder, which is all we can ask.

And as for games being delayed, most games are! If you want delay examples look at the Championship Manager (Football Manager now) series. That was regularly delayed by as much as 5 months. EA sports will not often delay a game, not because their games are less buggy than anyone else's, but merely because they care only for $$$'s and couldn't care less if the game is good or not. They release it with the bugs in it, then go back to working on the graphics so they can entice more fools to buy the next edition.

Personally, I would much rather have Sidhe developing the League game than some faceless corporation like EA Sports.

get stuffed

Paullyboy

Coach
Fairleigh Good! said:

Thats all well and good and I agree on pretty much everything, but if they are offering a sub-standard product why are we paying the $100 for it

JKS

Juniors
Just visited EB and their computer is simply saying November - no date. Looks like I'll be getting my birthday present 3 months late.

Latest posts