What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLW re: Jezza and Robson

Snoop Shark

First Grade
According to the above parra are set to table a massive offer for Jezza and Robson may ask for a release for his final year to go play in the ESL.

Don't let Jezza go sharkies...think about this time next year FFS

island pro

Juniors
I think Chad can offer similar to Robson so i'm not super worried there but I think we would be a bit silly not to keep Jezza for at least next year, after that he might be getting a bit long in the tooth.

Special K

Coach
I am fine with letting Robson go if we keep Townsend and fine with letting Smith go if we get Jennings. Graham must start and Smith is getting on and tying up cap room. We need some backs for Carney

DJShaksta

First Grade
Happy to release Robbo to line his pockets in ESL.
Would like to keep Jeremy though - he's been one of our best this year.
But as K said, if we get Jennings then Smith leaving frees cap space.

shaggs

Coach
Robson is smart. He knows he will get more money if he leaves now, since he has been going well. If he plays off the bench as a hooker next year, then his value goes down.

Ads

First Grade
Robson is crap so no loss. Smith is great now but he's no youngster. If he's replaced thenim ok with it. doesn't he have a contract for next year with us though? 3 year deal from the drags. This is his 2nd season with us isn't it?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
We have Toops still sothat is good. Smith is a Franchise player but I think the back row of bakuya Toops & Gal is pretty fine. Then Taga could return to the Williams type role hopefully & we start blooding youngsters like Licha.

Craigshark

First Grade
Smith is one of our best.. Has only recently started to get the credit he deserves.. Don't let him go, unless Jennings has put pen to paper.

Whatever. I just hope they're playing at their best with us now, they know that further good performances for us will only help their selling price. We have successors waiting in the wings.

Ads

First Grade
How long is left on smiths contract? I thought it was 3 years and this is his second year??

azzah72

Bench
I'll wait and see how Chad performs on sunday as to wether I'd like to keep Robson or not. I don't think there are many halves on the market.

Jezza is an absolute must!! Offer Parra toops and another one of our forwards to keep jezza!

Although I'm not against keeping toops, I just wish he wasn't so damn pricey.

webShark

I'll wait and see how Chad performs on sunday as to wether I'd like to keep Robson or not. I don't think there are many halves on the market.

Jezza is an absolute must!! Offer Parra toops and another one of our forwards to keep jezza!

Although I'm not against keeping toops, I just wish he wasn't so damn pricey.

Tell me why Parra would want Toops.

Because he is pricey , I am against keeping him. Typical an undperformer has an option to extend whereas Jeez doesn't.

There may not be many halves on the market but CT is as good an option as Robson. Can't see why it would be that hard to pick up a half as good as Robson. Try the Queensland Cup. John Morris could do Robbo's job.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Yeah Robson is better off going to the ESL.

I find it odd though if he is going for the coin. The pound is shocking at the moment.

We can't rely on Robbo for our future so Chad is the solution there. After all Robbo was signed by default by the club

Snoop Shark

First Grade
How long is left on smiths contract? I thought it was 3 years and this is his second year??

It is 3 years Ads, however the money that the eels are prepared to pay means he may ask for a release. He has a long history with Kearney so this rumour may have legs

Latest posts