What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

taste2taste

Juniors
The organizers are really pushing it having back to back weeks at Suncorp.
Im hoping if the semi is half empty its because the punters are planning on going to the final instead.

Scubby

Juniors
Was hoping 30k but based on the last 2 semis against fiji would be happy with 20k+
Happy? How can anyone be happy at 20k for a World Cup semi final with a 2 year lead in, right in the heart of RL country.

It got over 26k in 2008 with Australia not even involved. Honestly, the game and media in Australia needs to take a long hard look at itself. It is getting more and more insular while other competing sports are focussing on the international aspect and expanding its horizons.

20k+ for this game would be nothing short of pathetic. Pathetic!

beave

Coach
Wonder if the ashes tomorrow in brissy will have a positive or negative effect on the WC crowd. I was supposed to be away for a work trip tomorrow but it got shit canned which has allowed me to go last minute (pretty stoked tbh)

Fingers crossed stadium members turn up and a decent walk up on the night which might push it towards 30k.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
Happy? How can anyone be happy at 20k for a World Cup semi final with a 2 year lead in, right in the heart of RL country.

It got over 26k in 2008 with Australia not even involved. Honestly, the game and media in Australia needs to take a long hard look at itself. It is getting more and more insular while other competing sports are focussing on the international aspect and expanding its horizons.

Wonder what the average price of a ticket is!

yakstorm

First Grade
Restricted View seats have been released for Mt Smart, so we are realistically chasing a sell out here.

As for Suncorp, you now can't buy a Cat C... Despite there being thousands of unsold seats...

deal.with.it

Juniors

Happy?
1) Because the crowds in Aus have been poor.
2) because the last two semi finals aus v fiji were huge floggings
3) tickets aren't cheap for what the general public deem a foregone conclusion
4) the semi in 2013 had about less than 20k after the majority left once the england match was over (i was there)

So yeah, I'm pretty happy. Would love a sell out, but I'm not gonna get one.

morningstar

Juniors
Most likely to sell tickets to the lower bowl and fill it. A full lower bowl is about 20 - 25k which is a better look for TV

They should make the back rows of the Cat B sections available at Cat C prices like they did for the Melbourne opener. Money grab from Ticketek....again.

I think they have got the categories wrong in Brisbane. Why is a ticket behind the posts at Suncorp Cat B and $77 each, When the same ticket is Cat C and $40 at Mt Smart?

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They should make the back rows of the Cat B sections available at Cat C prices like they did for the Melbourne opener. Money grab from Ticketek....again.

I think they have got the categories wrong in Brisbane. Why is a ticket behind the posts at Suncorp Cat B and $77 each, When the same ticket is Cat C and $40 at Mt Smart?

Not sure about pricing but I would imagine that there are two factors: 1) Suncorp is more expensive to rent but 2) which is more likely the reason, they felt that the Brisbane public are more likely to attend in bigger numbers than the Auckland public so have put the price up for that reason. The logic is that 20K in Brisbane will yield a much greater profit than 28k in Auckland.

morningstar

Juniors
Not sure about pricing but I would imagine that there are two factors: 1) Suncorp is more expensive to rent but 2) which is more likely the reason, they felt that the Brisbane public are more likely to attend in bigger numbers than the Auckland public so have put the price up for that reason. The logic is that 20K in Brisbane will yield a much greater profit than 28k in Auckland.

I would imagine TEQ (Tourism Events Qld) paid a hell of a lot more for the semi and final than ATEED (Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development) did for their lone semi. They should subsidies any additional rental out of that, not gouge fans for what was set up to be the "inferior" semi final.

Latest posts