What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Crowd Watch

Billythekid

First Grade
Cat Cs back on sale at Brisbane. Not sure what to think about the sporadic method of selling... We're pretty much going to have full bays on the third level of Suncorp and then a bunch of really empty ones in the lower bowl and in the TV arc...

Anyway great news about Auckland. Tracking for 50K+ for the weekend... Hopefully Suncorp gets closer to 25K than 20K

I know exactly what to think of it, it's incredibly stupid. I don't understand the point of putting that category back on sale literally hours before the match. It's way too late now.

I'm talking more about the ticket pricing. They are trying to sell this event as a world class World Cup, and it's evident (outside PNG and the NZ Tongan support) they have failed.

Like I said they are lucky about the whole Tongan situation. It has basicly fallen into the organisers lap who have in theory done nothing to build on this. If Tongan failed to make the semis, we would all be discussing how embarrising the crowd is.

Clear indication is that the Final was sold out for memory well before the Semi finals in 08. This time we are looking at 30,000....not surprised when tickets are $180.

In some ways I see that as a positive long term. Despite this tournament being so ineptly run and having so many issues it was still a decent success. If we actually have a well run World Cup next time hopefully it'll be much better.

Stallion

First Grade
I'm talking more about the ticket pricing. They are trying to sell this event as a world class World Cup, and it's evident (outside PNG and the NZ Tongan support) they have failed.

Like I said they are lucky about the whole Tongan situation. It has basicly fallen into the organisers lap who have in theory done nothing to build on this. If Tongan failed to make the semis, we would all be discussing how embarrising the crowd is.

Clear indication is that the Final was sold out for memory well before the Semi finals in 08. This time we are looking at 30,000....not surprised when tickets are $180.

Completely agree. The pricing is not showing an awareness of where rugby league is and may get to. Think we all agree its a superior football code however for various reasons its not worldwide as much as it deserves. The code must be inviting to prospective fans and the real benefits will shine in future International contests.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Australia V England in a World cup RL final will sell Suncorp out with 52500 in attendance
& whats more
pretty quickly too id think

the TV audience will be bigger then our GF & could top all RL matces this year

Australia V Tonga will go pretty close to selling out too btw

Billythekid

First Grade
Australia V England in a World cup RL final will sell Suncorp out with 52500 in attendance
& whats more
pretty quickly too id think

the TV audience will be bigger then our GF & could top all RL matces this year

Australia V Tonga will go pretty close to selling out too btw

I don't think the GF will come close to the NRL GF. It'll still be a huge success and show the value of international league.

Stallion

First Grade
Rugby league world cup marketing and prices strike again. Once again embarassing the code on free to air tv. Well done to those ridiculous high ticket price advocates? Amazingly hurtful for the code! 40000 at $20 a ticket would have created a better look than this tonight !