What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2013 - Potential Lineup

Swiftstylez

Bench
Wow, some of your teams are way off and make me want to throw up, terrible and way too similar to last year. You really think Stuart is going to persist with losing combinations? Please...

1. Mullaney
2. Sio
3. Loko
4. Tonga
5. Blair
6. Hayne (C)
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Roberts
10. Moi Moi
11. Matuia (C)
12. Lussick
13. Paulo

14. Allgood
15. B. Smith/N. Smith
16. Ryan
17. Terepo

That my friends is our best starting 17. We aren't playing the halves roulette anymore and that is our strongest and a very intimidating starting forward pack.

Last edited:
Competition for spots is great IF you have a team where the majority of positions have solid incumbents being pressured by the next rung down. That's the problem with the Eels at present, the three-quarter line, and backrow only have two certainties if you ask me, Willie and Reni. The rest are all at the same level so we could have any number of combinations, depending on trainng and trial form. But for me, I think we'll see something like this:

Hayne
Sio
Morgan
Willie
Blair
Kelly
Sandow
Mannah
Keating
Lussick
Reni
Paulo
Harrison

Fui
Ryan
N Smith
Loko

eozsmiles

Bench
Wow, some of your teams are way off and make me want to throw up, terrible and way too similar to last year. You really think Stuart is going to persist with losing combinations? Please...

1. Mullaney
2. Sio
3. Loko
4. Tonga
5. Blair
6. Hayne (C)
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Roberts
10. Moi Moi
11. Matuia (C)
12. Lussick
13. Paulo

14. Allgood
15. B. Smith/N. Smith
16. Ryan
17. Terepo

That my friends is our best starting 17. We aren't playing the halves roulette anymore and that is our strongest and a very intimidating starting forward pack.

Is that Ben Roberts?

Might be a bit of a liability if he has to make 45 tackles on props each game?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Nah this f**ken nitwit thinks hookers spend 80 minutes playmaking out of dummy half. When the other team has the ball they disappear from the field.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
Ok here goes,

Hayne
Loko
Morgan
Tonga
Blair
Sandow
Kelly
Mannah
Keating
Lussick
Harrison
Reni
Smith

N Smith
Paulo
Fui
Allgood

Swiftstylez

Bench
If that's the only criticism that you have of my team then I am happy. We have an interchange for a reason you derps, that's when you put in Nathan Smith. A fit Ben Roberts at hooker is better than a rudderless and impact-less lesser player of the two Keating brothers. It has been done before and Bulldogs fans have said that he should be kept away from the halves, hooker is his better position. Keating is a liability and Kelly is not the answer with Sandow.

Also I laugh that Ben Smith is a walk-up for many of you given the forward pack we have this year at our disposable, don't be stupid. It's like you want a repeat of 2012 all over again

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Hayne - WRONG
Sio
Morgan - NO
Tonga
Blair
Kelly - NO
Sandow
Mannah
Keating - NO
Lussick - WRONG
Ryan - NO
Smith - NO
Maitua - WRONG

Smith
Paulo - WRONG
Moimoi - WRONG
Allgood

7/17 ain't bad mate, a bit blind for talent but you'll get there one day

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm watching the 2006 Eels vs Sea Eagles game on Fox. How good was it having a winger that could make ten metres out of dummy half and get a quick play the ball. It put our entire set of six on the front foot.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I'm watching the 2006 Eels vs Sea Eagles game on Fox. How good was it having a winger that could make ten metres out of dummy half and get a quick play the ball. It put our entire set of six on the front foot.
I walked past Crinitis at Towers and they had it on lol. Cheyse Blair could maybe do this for us...

strider

Post Whore

I didn't think Peterson was that good tbh

emjaycee

Coach
Bumping this thread so people have a chance to change their 4 month old predictions.
We are one week away from Ricky selecting his starting 17 for 2013.
No Izzy, no Hock and no Nathan Smith and some trials under our belt to see how some of the newer guys fit in.

My amended team from November (seems likes eons ago) for Round 1 is:

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Loko
4. Tonga *
5. Blair
6. Kelly
7. Sandow

8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Moi Moi
11. Smith *
12. Kelepi *
13. Reni

14. Roberts *
15. Lussick
16. Allgood
17. Paulo

* denotes changes from Nov 2012 team.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I would go with this team if I was picking the team.

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Blair
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Lussick
11. Maitua
12. B Smith
13. Paulo

14. Vescio
15. Moi Moi
16. Kelepi
17. Terepo

18. Fraser Masinama
19. Loko

Nathan Smith is out round 1. Luke Vescio is a very talented hooker. Kelepi is ready to show what he can do, and Fraser is also.

Loko needs some match fitness, so I could see him breaking into the team after a few wenty games under his belt. Allgood needs to work on his game to earn his spot.

emjaycee

Coach
I would go with this team if I was picking the team.

1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Blair
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Kelly
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Keating
10. Lussick
11. Maitua
12. B Smith
13. Paulo

14. Vescio
15. Moi Moi
16. Kelepi
17. Terepo

18. Fraser Masinama
19. Loko

Nathan Smith is out round 1. Luke Vescio is a very talented hooker. Kelepi is ready to show what he can do, and Fraser is also.

Loko needs some match fitness, so I could see him breaking into the team after a few wenty games under his belt. Allgood needs to work on his game to earn his spot.

Do u think Terepo and Vescio have done enough in the trials to out seat Roberts and Ryan/ Allgood ?