What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

Girds89

Bench
Peachy coming on at the back end of half's and using he's speed and elusiveness back in behind the ruck against tiring forwards is the way we should play him.

The games changed. No need for big boppers on the bench. Speed and creativity is what we need of the bench.. Peachy has a good pass, little grubber and offload in him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him lenui and soni all on at the same time.. lenui hit up gets us rolling, Peachy hit up back in behind the ruck... then plenty of time for soni to take a dart or play out the back.

One thing that does need to change when soni comes on is the forwards need to be aware he's soo much different to Kenny.

On the weekend in attack he seemed to be out there by himself. What I mean is near the try line all the forwards were spread and set up for plays out the back to luai or Nathan...

We need to compress the forwards and have 2 or 3 of them all running off soni looking to get the ball and crashing over. It didn't happen on the weekend.. they were all just setting up for plays.

Soni is soo crafty, always has been.. he's got such a sweet little grubber on him and he's great at picking a forward out to crash over with a deceptive pass that looks like it's going out the back.

In my opinion soni very much could be the key to how our season goes..

I love Kenny and he has been a good player for us.. he gives 110% every week. He's a great defender.. but I think if soni stays injury free and can get his fitness up to playing long minutes and is putting his body on the line than its obvious he's the option we need.

The answer to the back row isn't so obvious. Garner is garner... what we saw so far from him is what he's shown at the tigers he's whole career. He's just solid. Doesn't offer much.
Yeah it's early in his time here but you know what you are going ti get with him.

Hosking is a like for like... really weird recruitment that when we already had garner. Makes no sense to but two blokes who are exactly the same style.. especially when we have Chris Smith still who is the same style as well.

Salmon isn't a starter. He's been good in his limited minutes for us.. but he's just solid.

Tago could move there but that's really just weakening that spot imo and he's already shown I think he could be the best centre in the comp. He's already better than critta. Probs a few in front of him atm but 2nd full year of fg this year I think he's in for a big year..

Peachey isn't a starter but I think he offers more off the bench than a lot of other options.

Mav geyer needs half a year in Reggie's at least.

I've said in previous years hes only a middle forward but I said at the start of this year before a ball was kicked I think he needs to be given a chance at second row and that is Sorensen. He has been a great performer for us. He has great impact against big forwards.. had good leg speed and lateral movement. Whether he can defend out wider I guess none of us know because he hasn't had to... but imo it's worth a shot and he deserves a chance given how good he's been for us. He's very similar in skillset and physical abilities to marto so can't see why he wouldn't make a go of it.

The backs pick themselves but imo the forwards and bench is much better balanced and skilled like this.

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Lenui
Eiso
Peachy

Luke to come on after 25 and play the remainder. Kenny can come back on in the middle role he plays well if need be.

Eiso is a good ball player like yeo, would easily be our 2nd best ball playing forward moreso than fish, leota, Martin etc.. so he overs a bit of creativity and options when he comes on... for example him and yeo can rotate to mix the shapes... he's a very good defender and reliable.

Peachy offers the x factor that we don't really have am

Murraymob1

Juniors
T
Peachy coming on at the back end of half's and using he's speed and elusiveness back in behind the ruck against tiring forwards is the way we should play him.

The games changed. No need for big boppers on the bench. Speed and creativity is what we need of the bench.. Peachy has a good pass, little grubber and offload in him.

Wouldn't mind seeing him lenui and soni all on at the same time.. lenui hit up gets us rolling, Peachy hit up back in behind the ruck... then plenty of time for soni to take a dart or play out the back.

One thing that does need to change when soni comes on is the forwards need to be aware he's soo much different to Kenny.

On the weekend in attack he seemed to be out there by himself. What I mean is near the try line all the forwards were spread and set up for plays out the back to luai or Nathan...

We need to compress the forwards and have 2 or 3 of them all running off soni looking to get the ball and crashing over. It didn't happen on the weekend.. they were all just setting up for plays.

Soni is soo crafty, always has been.. he's got such a sweet little grubber on him and he's great at picking a forward out to crash over with a deceptive pass that looks like it's going out the back.

I love Kenny and he has been a good player for us.. he gives 110% every week. He's a great defender.. but I think if soni stays injury free and can get his fitness up to playing long minutes and is putting his body on the line than its obvious he's the option we need.

The answer to the back row isn't so obvious. Garner is garner... what we saw so far from him is what he's shown at the tigers he's whole career. He's just solid. Doesn't offer much.
Yeah it's early in his time here but you know what you are going ti get with him.

Hosking is a like for like... really weird recruitment that when we already had garner. Makes no sense to but two blokes who are exactly the same style.. especially when we have Chris Smith still who is the same style as well.

Salmon isn't a starter. He's been good in his limited minutes for us.. but he's just solid.

Tago could move there but that's really just weakening that spot imo and he's already shown I think he could be the best centre in the comp. He's already better than critta. Probs a few in front of him atm but 2nd full year of fg this year I think he's in for a big year..

Peachey isn't a starter but I think he offers more off the bench than a lot of other options.

I've said in previous years hes only a middle forward but I said at the start of this year before a ball was kicked I think he needs to be given a chance at second row and that is Sorensen. He has been a great performer for us. He has great impact against big forwards.. had good leg speed and lateral movement. Whether he can defend out wider I guess none of us know because he hasn't had to... but imo it's worth a shot and he deserves a chance given how good he's been for us. He's very similar in skillset and physical abilities to marto so can't see why he wouldn't make a go of it.

The backs pick themselves but imo the forwards and bench is much better balanced and skilled like this.

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Lenui
Eiso
Peachy

Luke to come on after 25 and play the remainder. Kenny can come back on in the middle role he plays well if need be.

Eiso is a good ball player like yeo, would easily be our 2nd best ball playing forward moreso than fish, leota, Martin etc.. so he overs a bit of creativity and options when he comes on... for example him and yeo can rotate to mix the shapes... he's a very good defender and reliable.

The only way he offers X factor is if he runs around with no pants on

Munky

Coach
T

The only way he offers X factor is if he runs around with no pants on
Game Of Thrones GIF

snickers007

Juniors

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Lenui
Eiso
Peachy

I take an interest in weird facts and trends, and the one that I don't particularly like is that Sorenson has never won a game with us when he has started.

There are circumstances around this of course (Cowboys game last year, Origin period etc.) But the streak exists none the less.

Another bad streak is with Turuva starting. He's also never won a game he's started.

Having both start in the same game is asking for trouble from the NRL Stat Gods.

Hard pass from me.

Frankus

Juniors

Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Martin
Yeo

Luke
Lenui
Eiso
Peachy

Well thought out post. Sorro and Martin can play on the edge or just as comfortably in the middle too. Which is a bonus for us.

The Realist

Juniors

Ivan has a weird thing for plodder 2nd rowers. Remember that Kikau was not his creation. That was a Gus signing that was brought into 1st Grade under Griffin. Ciraldo has been with him longer in terms of coaching which is probably a reason why he went over.

Original Name

Juniors
What exactly is a plodder? Everyone keeps calling our players plodders, but what actually makes you a plodder?
Hosking seems to run pretty hard if anything. At least when he's running a line compared to others who slow down more to catch the ball. He's a one dimensional player who just does his run job of hitting the unders line really well. It doesn't make him a plodder.

Munky

Coach
Cameron Ciraldo and Clint Newton were the definition of plod in their stints at Penrith.

Bremdon Worth was also pure plod.

Latest posts