What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

Iamback

Coach
Still got Blacker and Lisati injured too.
And most weeks will likely have Hosking as well. If we have a good run with injuries there is no reason why we shouldn't be fighting for the silverware.

Will be very interesting to see what happens once Matts & Ball finishes, and we elevate some of them into Flegg what the flow-on effect will be. Gotta think guys like Mason, Hassett and Smith will get their chance in Cup this year at various times.

Ball is more stacked this year than last year too

Fangs

Coach
As everyone has already mentioned just keep on top of Cobbo. If we do our usual thing and keep the pressure on him then he will make mistakes and we can pounce.

I do rate Cobbo, great player. But with our kicking game I think he will be in for a tough night at fullback.

betcats

Referee
Still got Blacker and Lisati injured too.
And most weeks will likely have Hosking as well. If we have a good run with injuries there is no reason why we shouldn't be fighting for the silverware.

Will be very interesting to see what happens once Matts & Ball finishes, and we elevate some of them into Flegg what the flow-on effect will be. Gotta think guys like Mason, Hassett and Smith will get their chance in Cup this year at various times.

Will be interesting to see where blacker sits in the pecking order with Henry and L Smith, all three will be looking to take Spencers spot next year, possibly throw Lisati in the mix also.

As everyone has already mentioned just keep on top of Cobbo. If we do our usual thing and keep the pressure on him then he will make mistakes and we can pounce.

I do rate Cobbo, great player. But with our kicking game I think he will be in for a tough night at fullback.
This time of year it is all about letting the opposition beat themselves; it is why the Storm has such a phenomenal week 1 record. They are so disciplined.

Ivan’s Panthers should be the same (if we got it all out of our system in the WCC).

maple_69

Bench
I reckon Luke could catch Cobbo out of position in this game. He’s got that kind of play in him and the tape isn’t there on him yet.

Iamback

Coach
Will be interesting to see where blacker sits in the pecking order with Henry and L Smith, all three will be looking to take Spencers spot next year, possibly throw Lisati in the mix also.

Henry is the type to start or don't play at all. No impact

Lisati in the middle is the closest we have

snickers007

Juniors
Interesting pics from the captains run shows Garner on the right outside Cleary (pic #3)
Martin also included in photos though so who knows...
Might be some changes incoming.

kinghippo

Juniors
Interesting, Marto can play both sides I think i'd rather have him on the left with Kiks gone.
I can see the benefits, but he does such a good job sparking things on the right at the moment.
I’ve heard a few whispers ( nothing I trust) that to’o could switch to the left

Munky

Coach
Most sides attack best on their left.

The best defender should be at right second rower. At the stadium tomorrow that is Martin first, the ticket gate turnstile second and Garner third.

Last edited:
No, the actual turnstile at entry.

Offers great resistance but lacks mobility.
Ah got ya. You weren’t being metaphoric!!

That’s good because I was thinking that Hosking wasn’t that bad in his hitouts. A part of me wouldn’t mind seeing him against his old club on Friday night.

betcats

Referee
Henry is the type to start or don't play at all. No impact

Lisati in the middle is the closest we have

If Henry is going to be a first grader here he will have to come in off the bench eventually. we arent just going to move him into the starting side.

Latest posts