What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 10 vs Bulldogs: Live Game-Day Thread!!

Dibs

Bench
Well he is getting payed just shy of 7 figures so he can afford it. Not bad money for a coach running last.
Not bad money for a coach that pulled us through the salary cap shit to then get his team into the top 4 the next year. I assume you realize the team was going well when he signed his last contract? It wasn’t negotiated last week

Dibs

Bench
Just curious a lot of ppl on here are blaming the refs and saying BA should put 25k on the table and unload which might be fair enough.
But can you please tell me how that fixes our disgraceful attack our even worse defense and the fact that the coach has failed to improve on a game plan that’s obviously not working!
Well it should have worked tonight with the correct calls being made. Plus this is the game day thread so I’m talking specifically about this game not the whole season

Noise

Coach
Not bad money for a coach that pulled us through the salary cap shit to then get his team into the top 4 the next year. I assume you realize the team was going well when he signed his last contract? It wasn’t negotiated last week

Yes and he's not performing now. He's overstayed his tenure. The team is not responding to what ever is happening at training.

Bazal

Post Whore
Just curious a lot of ppl on here are blaming the refs and saying BA should put 25k on the table and unload which might be fair enough.
But can you please tell me how that fixes our disgraceful attack our even worse defense and the fact that the coach has failed to improve on a game plan that’s obviously not working!

I think some people need to accept that just because you're attacking the line is no guarantee of points. The Dogs scramble was good, as was ours in the first half (before we lost Alvaro at struggled in the back of the game). Both sides were desperate and they both played as such

We made more line breaks than them. More offloads. They also didn't hold us out. Jennings scored and the VR found an incorrect decision in there somehow.

Blokes are saying "we couldn't score that's not the refs fault!" Well we did score, it was taken off us, and that turned the game on its' head...

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Look I like BA not blaming the refs in pressers, it’s refreshing but I think he should throw 25k on the table tonight and then unload
I agree but finally there is a time to blow up deluxe. Tonight is the night, the refs took that game away from us without a doubt. We caught them out at marker about 5 times tonight and not one penalty yet for the dogs they couldn't wait to blow the whistle.

BA grow a f**king set and let rip or honestly just f**k off you bald weak prick. Every week we get there shit end of the stick and you say nothing FFS!!

84 Baby

Referee
If we are going to lose a game like that at least there’s one saving grace, it’s not like it’s going to keep us out of the finals

Wally21

Bench
They just replayed the Morris tackle and the fact that he wasn’t square. It was a disgrace that he wasn’t sin binned.
I still maintain that we shouldn’t have been in a situation to let the f**kin merkins in the middle decide the game, but that decision in particular was an abortion

Dibs

Bench
Yes and he's not performing now. He's overstayed his tenure. The team is not responding to what ever is happening at training.
10 weeks ago he hadn’t. Granted if things don’t get better he might be in the shit but surely after 2 good seasons 10 weeks doesn’t mean his tenure is up

Well it should have worked tonight with the correct calls being made. Plus this is the game day thread so I’m talking specifically about this game not the whole season
So we are talking about tonight fair enough the refs were bad but they are in every game in the nrl.
The fact is though the refs didn’t stop us from putting the game away tonight when we had all the ball and the refs didn’t make us throw stupid passes to no one when we were on top Tep and Kenny off the top of my head.
Fact of the matter is our stupid play kept the dogs in it which lead to the refs having an influence!

Eelementary

Post Whore
I think some people need to accept that just because you're attacking the line is no guarantee of points. The Dogs scramble was good, as was ours in the first half (before we lost Alvaro at struggled in the back of the game). Both sides were desperate and they both played as such

We made more line breaks than them. More offloads. They also didn't hold us out. Jennings scored and the VR found an incorrect decision in there somehow.

Blokes are saying "we couldn't score that's not the refs fault!" Well we did score, it was taken off us, and that turned the game on its' head...

You've convinced me, mate.

I totally forgot about Jennings' no try.

And King Guth will not live that down for quite some time...

Avenger

Immortal
10 weeks ago he hadn’t. Granted if things don’t get better he might be in the shit but surely after 2 good seasons 10 weeks doesn’t mean his tenure is up
If any of you silly pricks think he deserves anything if we come last you should be mentally scheduled.

Bazal

Post Whore
They just replayed the Morris tackle and the fact that he wasn’t square. It was a disgrace that he wasn’t sin binned.
I still maintain that we shouldn’t have been in a situation to let the f**kin merkins in the middle decide the game, but that decision in particular was an abortion

The problem is the poor decisions combined yo play the major hand in the reason we were in a position for them to decide the game.

If Klein blows the Jennings try (he was clearly onside), we're 18-10 up and receiving a kick off. If he bins Morris for a blatant professional foul, we run in a few tries. The Dogs were at breaking point and a series of decisions cost us the opportunity to break them. That Jennings try would have cracked them, no doubt

Gazzamatta

Coach
With regard to not taking the 2 when 4 up. Ive heard BA many times be critical of his team for not getting in the grind and not showing patience but there we were 4 up with 3 penalties in front of the posts and word comes from the sideline each time to "keep it rolling". Hmmmmmm.