What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 16: Eels v Sea Eagles (Arthur Family Cup) GAME DAY THREAD

Gronk

Staff member
Hey Avenger, i still don t see how barrett has changed our attack. Is there any plays u can outline from ydays game that shows this and where we havent done it in the past?

The thing that i have noticed is that there are fewer offloads.

I dont think matto or hopgood or carty threw one. Joe o tried 1 and 1 other player thrrew one
I think you’ll find that they adapt their attack. Vs Storm or Penrith offloads are high risk, but that’s the only way to upset their structures.

Why play high risk footy last night when you don’t have too ?

T.S Quint

Coach
Hey Avenger, i still don t see how barrett has changed our attack. Is there any plays u can outline from ydays game that shows this and where we havent done it in the past?

The thing that i have noticed is that there are fewer offloads.

I dont think matto or hopgood or carty threw one. Joe o tried 1 and 1 other player thrrew one

Both Hopgood and Carty threw 2 offloads each. Penisini 3.
The whole team threw 13 offloads yesterday.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Both Hopgood and Carty threw 2 offloads each. Penisini 3.
The whole team threw 13 offloads yesterday.

I reckon they didn't seem as prominent as I can't recall a significant play off the back of an offload, mostly just a meterage gain. Normally that'd be where a coupla line breaks or tries, or nice shifts would come from.

Last night we just took the meters on offer and took the tackle,

King-Gutho94

Coach
I reckon they didn't seem as prominent as I can't recall a significant play off the back of an offload, mostly just a meterage gain. Normally that'd be where a coupla line breaks or tries, or nice shifts would come from.

Last night we just took the meters on offer and took the tackle,
It was good coaching with a simplified game plan just take it up the guts and the players did it perfectly without our 2 halves.

With Origin being the main focus it's been a stealth like recovery from us after the Canberra match when the season was teetering on the edge ahead or that souths game.

Tooooks

Bench
If Drown sits out the rest of the year, that'll do me

I'll f**king rain hell upon the NRL and be writing them a very sternly worded letter.
I wrote to the NRL questioning their consistency in allowing Josh Curran to continue playing while on significantly more serious charges. They wrote back saying:

Thank you for contacting the NRL.

We appreciate you taking the time to send through your comments. Each matter is dealt with on a case by case basis by our Integrity Team which may result in different outcomes.

In saying that you have made your views clear and we respect your right to the.

We will be happy to ensure your comments are registered (whatever that means).

emjaycee

Coach
I wrote to the NRL questioning their consistency in allowing Josh Curran to continue playing while on significantly more serious charges. They wrote back saying:

We appreciate you taking the time to send through your comments. Each matter is dealt with on a case by case basis by our Integrity Team which may result in different outcomes.

#itsparramattaandwedontcare

Bandwagon

Staff member

You shoulda been more stern, given 'em a good talking to. Maybe threatened a good paddlin'

Gronk

Staff member
From the FoxSports interview Mal v Gutho

“Your middles were awesome tonight,” Meninga said.

“You played a simple game of footy and your middles were extremely good tonight.

“You ran 1,600 metres to 930, so you belted them up in the middle.”

Gutherson admitted post match his forwards were fired up after being labelled soft by Manly earlier in the season.

“We took it personally after Round 3,” Gutherson said.

“They came out and said our middles were pretty soft.

“When you say that to the likes of Reggie (Campbell-Gillard) and the big boys in the middle they are going to take it personally.

“I thought they were outstanding. Hopgood in the middle he just stepped up and played the game beautifully and that’s what we want.”

strider

Post Whore
Throughly enjoyed the game at the ground. Barrett has transformed our attack. The improvement of Simonsson at centre is amazing. He has surprised me and is somewhat resurrected as player in my eyes. Still needs to keep doing it.

I wouldn't sign one forward for next year but consolidate in what we already have. Moretti was very impressive when he came on and Asi will be a good 6 for the rest of the year. I thought we missed Moses long range kicking game. If he played we win by 50 plus. Gutherson played very well, again. Russell is coming on nicely and Dunster should probably be shown the door for his own development. I'd be looking at signing some more outside backs but wouldn't be paying overs for anyone.

Schuster is garbage by the way. Arthur's kicking game was terrible and was like a pop gun that the ball boys could have diffused.
#takeSimoOffTheShitList

Find another random orthodox holiday if thats what it takes.

He was shit on the wing, but he has played great at centre. Even late last year he finished the season well at centre. Our wingers havent been strong rucking it back, but Simo and Penisini have stepped up massively to fill the void. Simo is taking 20 odd runs a game.

Latest posts