What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 16: Eels v Sea Eagles (Arthur Family Cup) GAME DAY THREAD

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The topic hasn't changed. It is still your dumb footy fan logic. We lost to Manly a couple of months ago with Moses and Drown in the halves. Tonight we belted them. Go and buy yourself a subscription to the Telegraph ffs

Ah, you're jumping from one of your chosen post-game topics to another - and then another 😂.

I was replying to you post saying because Jake once was higher in the pecking order than Asi, then he must always be so... a coach of BA's caliber is capable of adjusting their previous decisions to correct a mistake in the interest of the club and team, wouldn't you agree?

Arthur junior was handed the Manly No.7 jersey while Daly Cherry-Evans was away in Maroons camp.

Apart from being booed by the 21,296 fans with his first touch, Arthur had few chances to make his mark.

- - -

As for taking on his son, Arthur said he was glad Jake had settled into Manly and was “standing on his own two feet and being his own man”.

Gutherson quipped he was too tired to put a shot on Arthur and said: “I’m sore after making one tackle.”

King-Gutho94

Coach

Arthur junior was handed the Manly No.7 jersey while Daly Cherry-Evans was away in Maroons camp.

Apart from being booed by the 21,296 fans with his first touch, Arthur had few chances to make his mark.

- - -

As for taking on his son, Arthur said he was glad Jake had settled into Manly and was “standing on his own two feet and being his own man”.

Gutherson quipped he was too tired to put a shot on Arthur and said: “I’m sore after making one tackle.”
Click bait JA was booed on his first kick and then wasn't booed again for the rest of the night.

After watching Asi tonight we are all thankful JA is forging his own path at Manly.

JokerEel

Coach

- - -

21 thousand fans? Was not that many at the game surely

oldmancraigy

Coach
No. If Asi was higher in the pecking order he would've played in Canberra.

Asi was already in the squad so Arthur wasn't keeping him out. If Arthur's was arseholed to make room for anyone it would be someone like Sanders, who has more potential. But he isn't as good an NRL backup as Jake Arthur this year, and maybe not even next year. Luckily if we dominate possession it doesn't much matter who our halves are, and Asi is doing just fine.

That's not the only logical conclusion.
And surely you know that?

lucablight

First Grade
Ogden binned. Turns out the whingers were right after all. He is shit and the club is shit for signing him. We could've given an opportunity to a young bloke ffs. Maybe one of the young blokes who played reserve grade today?
Easily replacement for Papali’i

I’d take Best before Averillo. Both however have shit defence. Still think we are beating most sides with our pack. I’d be consolidating that before breaking the bank on a high priced centre/winger especially when you see the progress of Simonsson and Russell. We need more depth in the backs but I’d be going mid tier and nothing more pricey than Penisini. Someone like Connor Tracey would be ideal. People put shit on him but I’d take Staines too.
Everyone you’ve mentioned are decent except Staines who is poor man’s Luke Burt.

Yeah why did we re-sign Moses and Drown when Asi and Matterson proved tonight that they're better?
I know most your posts are to get a reaction. But I really think You’ve lost it old man. It’s either that or your meds need upped in doseage.

You’ve been proven wrong on multiple occasions re Jakey, Hodgson. Now you’re back tracking. Throwing out new delusional comments to save face. Love seeing you back track.

The Predictor

Juniors
I was at the game with my son and his girlfriend, her first a now very much invested in the eels, she loved it…and I love sitting not too far from our legends, age is so ravaging though, it was somewhat bitter sweet, can anyone tell me did they actually receive their rings when they were introduced? I would love to see a picture of the rings ?

Cloeel

Juniors
From what I have been told today.

He should be back for the warriors game and abdo should be booed every time he rocks up to a parra game for being a weak kneed prick.

I would not be so certain about that.

However I was told by someone who is completely unreliable. Will be interesting to see.

yy_cheng

Coach
Throughly enjoyed the game at the ground. Barrett has transformed our attack. The improvement of Simonsson at centre is amazing. He has surprised me and is somewhat resurrected as player in my eyes. Still needs to keep doing it.

I wouldn't sign one forward for next year but consolidate in what we already have. Moretti was very impressive when he came on and Asi will be a good 6 for the rest of the year. I thought we missed Moses long range kicking game. If he played we win by 50 plus. Gutherson played very well, again. Russell is coming on nicely and Dunster should probably be shown the door for his own development. I'd be looking at signing some more outside backs but wouldn't be paying overs for anyone.

Schuster is garbage by the way. Arthur's kicking game was terrible and was like a pop gun that the ball boys could have diffused.
Hey Avenger, i still don t see how barrett has changed our attack. Is there any plays u can outline from ydays game that shows this and where we havent done it in the past?

The thing that i have noticed is that there are fewer offloads.

I dont think matto or hopgood or carty threw one. Joe o tried 1 and 1 other player thrrew one

Latest posts