What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 18 vs Manly - Team List Thread

Gazzamatta

Coach
So, assuming there are no injuries, do you think that BA should start Parry next week?
Id be surprised but he did play him in the trials earlier in the year so he obviously has a positive opinion of him. I guess there may be a hint as to Mennings future at the Eels. Its very exciting Baz.

Stevie

Bench
I only remember Parry play in the trials in the wing from memory and he was impressive. Has he been going well for Wenty? Is he a centre or could he play anywhere else for us? Thinking Mennings/Waqa and Fergo/Sivo are solid but maybe he is next can off the rank?

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I only remember Parry play in the trials in the wing from memory and he was impressive. Has he been going well for Wenty? Is he a centre or could he play anywhere else for us? Thinking Mennings/Waqa and Fergo/Sivo are solid but maybe he is next can off the rank?

He's played exclusively centre this year for Wenty but in the junior reps he played mostly on the wing, including the 2017 National and Grand Finals where he scored a hattrick in both games. He also played fullback for St Greg's Campbelltown a couple of times and a few times in junior rep trials. So he can play anywhere in the backline but he's most suited to centre/wing, seems to be able to play both sides of the field too but in the past few months has played left centre.

Glenneel

Bench
Pretty hard to change a winning team when the available options aren't demonstrably better.
Who says Salmon wouldn't be better than Hoffman? Huge weakness there likely to be exploited by Manly. Maybe BA should change sides with Taka and Hoffman and stuff Manly up.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Who says Salmon wouldn't be better than Hoffman? Huge weakness there likely to be exploited by Manly. Maybe BA should change sides with Taka and Hoffman and stuff Manly up.
I reckon based on the evidence (never playing him there, signing Waqa), that BA has changed his mind about the role Salmon will play in the team in the future. Why, I don't know. Maybe us causal observers were wrong about the plans in the first place, maybe BA observes things at training that show Salmon is unsuited to centre, or better suited to elsewhere. I'm sure there's a plan.

84 Baby

Referee
I think it’s got more to do with communication and familiarity with Sivo. Salmon, or Taka, might be better than Hoff but I doubt they’d be noticeably better. Mennings is who we need there. I wouldn’t be entirely against Salmon in for Hoff but this week is fairly important and it’s hard to change a winning side

Gronk

Staff member
I reckon based on the evidence (never playing him there, signing Waqa), that BA has changed his mind about the role Salmon will play in the team in the future. Why, I don't know. Maybe us causal observers were wrong about the plans in the first place, maybe BA observes things at training that show Salmon is unsuited to centre, or better suited to elsewhere. I'm sure there's a plan.

100%. IIRC we have also offered Mennings a 1 year deal. Maybe as some have said, Salmon will become a Wade Graham type backrower after he puts on some kegs.