What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 19 v Dragons

Bay56

First Grade
This is an important game for the green machine today at Bruce.

Mathematically we can afford to lose but not by a sizeable margin ... our F/A is the worst of those attempting to grab that 7/8th place for the finals.

We've got a decent record against the dragqueens so hopefully we can continue that tradition.

From the mind I'v chalked this one down for a loss. StG/Ill are in fine form and when it comes to "having to win this one to get in the eight" we dont usually produce the goods.

Hopefully Elliott will start with Carney and Weyman, ie his best side to start on the right foot, but I doubt it. Elliott's tactics are about as obvious as nads on a hounddog and I'm sure that Brown will have countered those tactics and have a few tricks up his sleeve.

Lets hope I'm wrong as I'll be sitting next to by brother-in-law, a f**king dragqueens supporter.

GO THE RAIDERS

legend

Coach
I think it's round 20 Bay and I am quietly confident of our chances. We have an excellent record against the Dragons regardless of the form of both sides.

Without Gasnier and Creagh they are a little weaker and our advantage is we can match them in the forwards.

Having said that, our record as you point out Bay is terrible when we have so much to play for and overnight results went against us.

paulquinn49

Bench
Yeah it's round 20

We can't start Weyman, he is an impact player because of his lack of fitness still. Plus he is still injury prone. A full offseason under his belt will be the only way I would like to see him make the starting side.

If Raiders have their attack sorted theyll win, no boring inside passes when we are deep on the attack. Or if they have to do it, at least set up the backline for a decent attempt.

Raider_69

Post Whore
neither carney or weyman will start the match
that much im 100% confident in... and i dont like weyman starting so meh

but the fact carney will be bench warming is a farce

legend

Coach
My concern is the form of Withers. He misses the most tackles in the NRL and his mistake rate is extremely high.

He can run the ball when in space but that's about it. He should be the one coming off the benchlike he used to with the Dragons.

peter_raiders

Juniors
Heaps of changes to the Dragons. Ryles, Young and Gaz to start. Greenshields to PL, Hornby to fullback and Young to hooker pushing Bickerstaff and Gorrell to the bench. Someone else is starting at lock as well. Te Maari is on the bench.

Phoenix_Raider

Juniors
azza said:
Howell v Gasnier. Should be a bloodbath.
Think, you mean Turtell.. i agree, we're screwed if Gaz is on his game and even if Purtell plays the game of his life.

Anyway, go the Raiders! pull a homer..

azza

Juniors
Yeah sorry I forgot Howell wasn't playing. I'm so used to him being part of the side. Yes just substitute Purtell for Howell and see how we go.

aussies1st

Staff member
What a win by the boys, absolutly smashed the Dragons. Dragons were looking good early on, forwards were hammering us then suddenly they lost the go forward and we came alive.

Mogg was everything doing everything, Smith carried on from last week with all the time in the world, Carney scored another one of those sidestepping tries and Graham and his pin point accurate kicks. Too bad he didn't get a try for them.

Bay56

First Grade
legend said:
I think it's round 20 Bay and I am quietly confident of our chances. We have an excellent record against the Dragons regardless of the form of both sides.

Without Gasnier and Creagh they are a little weaker and our advantage is we can match them in the forwards.

Having said that, our record as you point out Bay is terrible when we have so much to play for and overnight results went against us.

Boyo, I can remeber thinking that as I was typing in the thread titled ... I knew it was Rnd 20 and I f**king typed 19 ... you idiot Bay :oops:

Bay56

First Grade
paulquinn49 said:
Yeah it's round 20

We can't start Weyman, he is an impact player because of his lack of fitness still. Plus he is still injury prone. A full offseason under his belt will be the only way I would like to see him make the starting side.

If Raiders have their attack sorted theyll win, no boring inside passes when we are deep on the attack. Or if they have to do it, at least set up the backline for a decent attempt.

spot on mate ... I couldnt believe some of the ball that was going out wide ... shows what we can do when the que is taken out of the rack

great game ... goes with the Manly and Roosters victories as the best this season

Bay56

First Grade
schif4eva said:
Should be a good crowd today.

approx 13500 ... mind you a lot of those were StG/Ill supporters who follow their side well (especially in our Bay) ... but we gave them heaps :lol: