What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 3 TLT vs Manly Sunday 4pm

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some say he will be fine for another 5yrs. I personally think we will have to move on by 2026/2027.
Gutho brings more then just what he does at the game.

He drives standards at training especially with fitness work and leadership within the group.

You only have to look at when Jarryd was the big dog or leader/captain and how his laziness created a bad & toxic culture that took us years to get rid of. I reckon a good comparison with Jarryd is how souths are treating Latrell now pampering him and not wanting to get him offside.

You have to be careful if you decide to get rid of that type of player like Gutho out of a club.

Look at the possible ripple effect.

JokerEel

Coach

He drives standards at training especially with fitness work and leadership within the group.

You only have to look at when Jarryd was the big dog or leader/captain and how his laziness created a bad & toxic culture that took us years to get rid of. I reckon a good comparison with Jarryd is how souths are treating Latrell now pampering him and not wanting to get him offside.

You have to be careful if you decide to get rid of that type of player like Gutho out of a club.

100% that's also the same when you bring in new players from shut clubs are they going to bring their poor culture.

I don't think Gutho needs moving on but I do think he should be moved to centre and a quicker ball playing fullback brought in. But at the moment he is the best fullback we have.

hindy111

Post Whore

That is all fine but if he isn’t playing at a high NRL level his next contract will be far lower in which case he himself will maybe opt for a larger one in the UK

eels_fan

First Grade
Anyone think Blaize may defend at 5/8th next to Lane and Dylan at centre - will protect him a little more in the line, and have the confident of good defenders either side of him

84 Baby

Referee
Anyone think Blaize may defend at 5/8th next to Lane and Dylan at centre - will protect him a little more in the line, and have the confident of good defenders either side of him
I think he’ll play right side defence so no

84 Baby

Referee
I was told that you can’t have Dylbags defend at centre because then he can’t attack as a half somehow.
No moving Drown wider is a toss up between having better front on defence but worse cover from the inside man, or worse front on defence but with one of the best cover defenders of all time.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

I don't see why not, they swap around all the time in both attack and defense

seems to be the modern game, with wings playing inside centres and halves at 2nd and 3rd receiver sometimes

I was positive about him with the love TCT give him but watched second half NSW Cup against Dogs and he didn't show too much but said was learning fb role. Strange considering how skinny we are at centre but maybe they are turning him into genuine utility.

Anyhow, seems any young player promoted by Brisbane, Storm and Roosters always seem comfortable in NRL, whereas our touted young players nearly always seem to struggle. Why?

This match against Manly will be a big test for him as they have amongst the fastest centre pairing in NRL so I hope he handles the big occasion and realistically he is the only option.

Btw why are they persisting with Lume and Dunster in NSW Cup? Lume = meh and Dunster cannot run and their places need to be taken by other players capable of playing NRL in the future. Bad move by the club imo.
You speak sense. Don’t start me on the utter shit we have signed. Our management is devoid of identifying outside backs. Lumelume 🤣 I’ve never seen someone dive for the try line and actually plant the ball 5m over the dead ball line.

Gronk

Staff member
Nup. Too complicated for BA to fathom

I look deeply forward to Manly's speed against 2 players unknown in those positions in NRL on out left edge.
Wait, you want them to get trashed because you have beef with the coach ?

1710962401954.jpeg

hineyrulz

Post Whore
No. I look forward to how they take on the challenge. Especially Blaize.

It's how you face the challenge and how you ride the success or bounce back from failure that determines ones character
Or you could just keep failing Bea Arthur style and keeping getting extending while earning millions. Only at Parramatta.