What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4 Team vs Wtigers

hybrideel

Bench
FFS BA can't win here. Half of the posters here were demanding wholesale changes, so he makes them (granted many were due to injury). The armchair experts then whinge because they aren't the changes that they would make.
I have a feeling that the coach has a bit more of a clue about who should be in the side given he probably goes to a training session or 2 and sees a few things behind the scenes.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
FFS BA can't win here. Half of the posters here were demanding wholesale changes, so he makes them (granted many were due to injury). The armchair experts then whinge because they aren't the changes that they would make.
I have a feeling that the coach has a bit more of a clue about who should be in the side given he probably goes to a training session or 2 and sees a few things behind the scenes.

:thumbsup:

Noise

Coach
Like the additions of Terepo and T-Rex.

Don't like Smith at fullback at all

Harsh on King when he probably had the best defensive game of his career (48 tackles 2 missed).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hopefully with his brother outside him, Jenko might actually pass the ball - you know like old times in the back yard.
George played on the left for Wenty most recently, though that could be because Leleisiuao prefers the right (where he played for the NYC team last year). Hoffman was playing on the right until French moved to the wing, presumably because French prefers the right - I believe he has played every game in the NRL as a winger on the right.

My point is that while Hoffman probably doesn't have a strong preference for which side he plays on, Gennings might strongly prefer the left. In which case he won't play outside his brother.

lingard

Coach
Brown to hooker is a HUGE no from me. Dont even want to think about that. The pressure is on Kaysa well and truly. Stay the distance or big issues are exposed. A poor decision.
But what do I know.

It puzzles me that if BA didn't have enough confidence in French at fullback, why would he think Smith would be good option.

lingard

Coach
Bench has a lot of energy on it!!

Pritchard may have been picked for his ability to straighten our attack

We desperately need to buy a decent hooker as soon as one comes on the market. Kaysa (our second best hooker) hasn't been picked for any reason other than that our first option hooker has been struggling. Kaysa will bring energy and enthusiasm but little else. Maybe we need that right now, but in the long term we need a lot more.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It puzzles me that if BA didn't have enough confidence in French at fullback, why would he think Smith would be good option.
Who says he didn't have confidence in French at fullback? Just as likely is he didn't have confidence in Hayne at centre, and moved him to fullback to try and get him more involved in attack. Only one bloke can play fullback at a time so French moved to the wing. It wasn't because French 'failed' at fullback or whatever sensational narrative people want to spin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We desperately need to buy a decent hooker as soon as one comes on the market. Kaysa (our second best hooker) hasn't been picked for any reason other than that our first option hooker has been struggling. Kaysa will bring energy and enthusiasm but little else. Maybe we need that right now, but in the long term we need a lot more.
Pritchard is as good as King, just very different. Neither is better than the other, and I doubt the coach rates either of them higher. He has to pick someone at the start of the season. Last year it was Pritchard, this year it was King. Neither is contracted for 2019.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah. You're probably right but I prefer my selections. Terepo should have been there last week though. Beau has been very disappointing. Not sure whats up there. Maybe Father Time.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Like the additions of Terepo and T-Rex.

Don't like Smith at fullback at all

Harsh on King when he probably had the best defensive game of his career (48 tackles 2 missed).

I like smith, but not a fan of him at fullback either, good on the attacking side but pretty poor with his position. But anyhow when we have 3 nrl fullbacks injured we really don't have many options left!!

Latest posts