What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4Team vs Penrith

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's played less than 40 games. Bit of a bold statement.

Too small a sample?

When you count his record prior to coming here you see his goalkicking percentage at Parra is no fluke. At least give credit where it is due.

I'm glad Sio's back but Sandow...well let's just say we desperately need a new halfback.

We'll probably get one for 2016, when Sandow comes off contract.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm glad to see Sio back in, he is a genuine finisher, adds some much needed speed to the backline and his defense is much better then Vai. Sandows goal kicking will come in handy and apparently he has improved his passing game which is great but I hope his defense is better.
I'm personally not a fan of Allgood or Paulo and would prefer some of the options in Wenty above them both but it is understandable why BA wouldn't want to stack the side with inexperience considering this is Edwards and Ma'u first full year in NRL.

Don't forget the only top 25 options in Wenty are Toutai, Morgan, Kelly, Hunt, Paulo and Santi.

The only one who is clearly better than players in the NRL side is Junior Paulo, and then only in attack.

emjaycee

Coach
I like the look of that side.
Add Lussick in 3 more weeks and Mossop and Loko before round 10 and starting to take good shape for the second half of the season (injuries permitting)

forward pass

Coach
Good to see Sio back.

As for Sandow, well lets see how he goes with a new 6 and 9. Good for goal kicking but still worried about his defence.

His defence will always be dodgy - but I think our defensive structure this year is much better equipped to carry him. Last year we needed more players in defence - let alone carrying someone.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he said top class props

In a completely separate sentence. He asked who is off contract. The answer to that needs to include all props in the top 25 so he knows how much we potentially have to spend.

Obviously we can't replace three props with one prop, but we could probably replace them with two.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
In a completely separate sentence. He asked who is off contract. The answer to that needs to include all props in the top 25 so he knows how much we potentially have to spend.

Obviously we can't replace three props with one prop, but we could probably replace them with two.

geez you waste your time arguing pointless shit

Sandow is the best goal kicker in the history of our club. So that's at least a positive.

I'm terrified of his defence, and really really hope he's learnt the 'system' and plays 3 in. I can't see how he'll manage 2nd in, because it seems like both center and winger are told to jam right in and let the cover defence take care of a break, or the fullback to cover inside the 20.
Sandow would be highly ineffective jamming in, so hopefully 3rd man with inside help.

The issue with Sandow in defense can be somewhat nullified with a bit of line speed when defending on our line, like we had against the Warriors. But if we're flat and Sandow gets isolated on our goal line we're stuffed.

hindy111

Post Whore
Congrats to Paulo being called into the starting team. He has been one of our best so far.Making around 30 tackles a game so doing the hard yards -Not missing many and adding more to the attack than Norman or Kelly combined.

People on here just get names stuck in there head. He has outplayed K.Edwards in every game so far.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The issue with Sandow in defense can be somewhat nullified with a bit of line speed when defending on our line, like we had against the Warriors. But if we're flat and Sandow gets isolated on our goal line we're stuffed.

Most halfbacks are a liability defending on their line. Maloney is as bad as Sandow but the Roosters protect him well with good line speed (as you say). Plus they slow the ruck.

Latest posts