What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4Team vs Penrith

Craig Johnston

First Grade
It's only wasted on nuffies like you mate. The smart posters here are able to discuss things rationally, rather than just put shit on the players they hate.

where have i ever hated any player? and you call that rational :lol: making up b/s is your forte champ, you're in your world championships there, gold silver and bronze

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Congrats to Paulo being called into the starting team. He has been one of our best so far.Making around 30 tackles a game so doing the hard yards -Not missing many and adding more to the attack than Norman or Kelly combined.

People on here just get names stuck in there head. He has outplayed K.Edwards in every game so far.

Agree Paulo has been decent. He works hard and has some playmaking skills, but he's a bit soft in the collisions.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Agree Paulo has been decent. He works hard and has some playmaking skills, but he's a bit soft in the collisions.

He also gives away some dumb penalties.

But I agree with you both - in my opinion, he's looked dangerous when he has run and passed the ball.

We just need more bodies in motion when he crabs sideways looking for a gap - there have been at least three times this year where he could have put someone through a gap if someone was backing him.

Chipmunk

Coach
Surprised Sio wasnt in the team at the start of the year.

With Sandow you might as well play him, we do not have too much to lose at this stage. Interested to see how he goes. Plus it's pointless keeping the third highest player in the Club in second grade for too long.

Joely01

Bench
All our shift plays run off him in the middle. It lets our halves play as extra backline players rather than being stuck at first receiver. Will suit Sandow's game much better.

I hope I'm proven wrong Pou.

At the moment though I just don't rate him at all.

Noise

Coach
Very happy with the side considering the injuries and suspensions. We finally have halves that pose a threat on both sides of the field. Sio and Vai are much of a muchness really. I think we'll win.

Gazzamatta

Coach
If they could teach Paulo or any other forward for that matter to hit like Peats, our defensive issues would be resolved.
I thought Manly were very ineffective on the weekend. Id hate to think what the result would have been if Manly had played as they did the week before. Parra were improved no doubt but?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If they could teach Paulo or any other forward for that matter to hit like Peats, our defensive issues would be resolved.

I don't think you can really teach adults to hit like that. That kind of defence is about footwork and aggression, which are largely decided well before they get into first grade.

It's interesting that many of the players with the natural ability to get their feet in the right position also seem to naturally lack aggression. Yes I'm talking about Polynesians.

#NotRacistBut

Very happy with the side. We're in with a good chance but Penrith have been playing well so we'll have to be on our game, playing even better than we did on Sunday.

Pazza

First Grade
no need to rush Jnr, he is on contract till 2016. seems like the logical replacement for Fui though.

I like the idea of Mannah, Lussik, Mossop and Jnr being our prop rotation next season. I think we just need a hard nosed forward for the #13, someone like Jeremy Smith or Adam Docker for example. A foil for Peats in defence.

I don't think you can really teach adults to hit like that. That kind of defence is about footwork and aggression, which are largely decided well before they get into first grade.

Yeh, and the blokes that can be taught tend to be the 85-95kg guys who are more nimble on their feet and have better natural balance. They're also typically a bit shorter which helps them hit the sweet spot without telegraphing what they are doing.

yy_cheng

Coach
He also gives away some dumb penalties.

But I agree with you both - in my opinion, he's looked dangerous when he has run and passed the ball.

We just need more bodies in motion when he crabs sideways looking for a gap - there have been at least three times this year where he could have put someone through a gap if someone was backing him.

wouldn't that be the fullback

Latest posts