What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 5 vs Penrith @ Bankwest Team List Thread

Happy MEel

First Grade
I think our attack will lack the fluency it has had these last two weeks with Brown stifling our sets with his 4th tackle settler, leading to a slow play the ball. He needs to touch the ball far less than he usually does.

If he tackles his ass off, takes a few runs off the back of a quick play the ball and perhaps pops an offload or two, that would serve us well. Niukore has proven we don’t need our lock to be the focus of a lot of our attack in the middle.

84 Baby

Referee
I think our attack will lack the fluency it has had these last two weeks with Brown stifling our sets with his 4th tackle settler, leading to a slow play the ball. He needs to touch the ball far less than he usually does.

If he tackles his ass off, takes a few runs off the back of a quick play the ball and perhaps pops an offload or two, that would serve us well. Niukore has proven we don’t need our lock to be the focus of a lot of our attack in the middle.
*poops

I think Nrown should (he can do some dumb shit) improve our defence that we don’t see tries like Croft scored against us. But yeah Decore was constantly available for runs without limiting the natural flow. If Nrown can slot in like that, then we may be able to get some points to at least counter the cricket score Panfas will put up

yy_cheng

Coach
Jnr should take the 5th tackle settler as he usually puts the defense in 2 minds with his run or offload. The offload usually gets the defensive line staggered and most likely a quick play the ball. Lastly, he is not that prone to errors. This will all help the kick and nbrown can be the kick chaser

Bazal

Post Whore
That would be a surplus. Hardly surprising to find such poor command of English on the Parra forum. Surfeit was a word Rex Mossop used to use, but that too went over an awful lot of heads.

But what if it's exactly the right amount? How can you just assume it's a surplus?

Seems rather premature to me.

84 Baby

Referee
Jnr should take the 5th tackle settler as he usually puts the defense in 2 minds with his run or offload. The offload usually gets the defensive line staggered and most likely a quick play the ball. Lastly, he is not that prone to errors. This will all help the kick and nbrown can be the kick chaser
The Riff will have us so confused and JFH will be pressuring Moses so much that we will need Junior to put in our kicks so he can’t take those settlers.
Those kicks will also be fielded and returned by Fisher-Paykel. Usually for tries, unless he decides one of his teammates deserves to score.

yy_cheng

Coach
The Riff will have us so confused and JFH will be pressuring Moses so much that we will need Junior to put in our kicks so he can’t take those settlers.
Those kicks will also be fielded and returned by Fisher-Paykel. Usually for tries, unless he decides one of his teammates deserves to score.
TBH, Junior could probably kick. But after he kicks it, the ball might deflate.... have you seen his thighs???

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Don’t think Nrown can be blamed for taking so many 4th tackle hit up’s. It wouId only happen with BA’s approval.....

When Brown is out it's usually Gutho taking the hit-ups. We've obviously identified those 2 players and given them that particular role. Like how Ferguson generally takes the 2nd hit-up after a received kick-off

TheRam

Coach

I predict that if we use him well he will thrive under the new rules of the NRL. The best moving 13's with creativity are starting to dominate the ruck and have a real imprint on games. He has all the attributes to take full advantage of the new game. We need him to use them.

He is a powerful runner and can also avoid defenders with a subtle step and a great running game. If he picks the right moments to run off the dummy half or playmakers up the middle he should be a handful and able to really open up the game for us.

I have been impatiently waiting for him to make his debut under these rules and as long as he is smart about it, he should really rip it tonight.

No excuses.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I predict that if we use him well he will thrive under the new rules of the NRL. The best moving 13's with creativity are starting to dominate the ruck and have a real imprint on games. He has all the attributes to take full advantage of the new game. We need him to use them.

He is a powerful runner and can also avoid defenders with a subtle step and a great running game. If he picks the right moments to run off the dummy half or playmakers up the middle he should be a handful and able to really open up the game for us.

I have been impatiently waiting for him to make his debut under these rules and as long as he is smart about it, he should really rip it tonight.

No excuses.

Well said, buddy.

Though I do suspect that Happy Meel was doing our tongue-in-cheek downplaying of our chances, that we always do against the good sides.

Latest posts