What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Tigers

SBD82

Coach
The team sheet this week will be interesting. We’re about to find out if Flanno is just another incarnation of Mary and Hook.

The easy move is to drop Lawrie. There are other options and he needs to earn his spot. Hook or Mary might have dropped him.

The dumb move is to drop Sloan. If he’s building for the future Sloan needs to make it or move on. Hook and Mary both would’ve dropped Sloan this week.

Moving Hunt from halfback would be a huge move. If Flanno is serious about not tolerating poor performance, Hunt needs to go. His lack of game management is unforgivable from an international player with so many years of experience in the halves.

If Flanno leaves Hunt where he is and drops Sloan, we’re doomed to another few years of the same shit, until we replace him with Dean Young and the cycle repeats itself.

redv13

Bench
To be honest I’ll be disappointed if Flanno drops Sloan for the tigers game. Yeah he made some poor choices last night and yes he should get ripped privately about that and told another performance like that and he’s off to reserve grade for a spell but he should also be given a chance to redeem himself.

Sloan has improved so far compared to last year. Dropping him this week in my opinion is not the right call.

Illusion

Bench
To be honest I’ll be disappointed if Flanno drops Sloan for the tigers game. Yeah he made some poor choices last night and yes he should get ripped privately about that and told another performance like that and he’s off to reserves grade for a spell but he should also be given a chance to redeem himself.

Sloan has improved so far compared to last year. Dropping him this week in my opinion is not the right call.
I don't think he will be dropped ........

thebigredv

First Grade
To be honest I’ll be disappointed if Flanno drops Sloan for the tigers game. Yeah he made some poor choices last night and yes he should get ripped privately about that and told another performance like that and he’s off to reserve grade for a spell but he should also be given a chance to redeem himself.

I'd be dropping Lawrie and Bird before even thinking about punting Sloan. Coach needs to send messages to the team and build real competition for spots.

Problem for mine is Tyrell looked just as lost on the wing so putting him out there may have a used by date.

Unless we sign some incredible fullback for next year we have no choice but to keep persisting with Sloan really. If the forwards and halves do their job he can score lots of points off the back.

DeathBlooms

Juniors
Flanno has to get ruthless with his team selections and let these backsliding numpties know that they have to earn their spot, cos so far his selections are looking very Hook-like - right down to having his own Corey Norman in the (bulbous) shape of Jack Bird.
Who cares how fast Sloan is if he can't do anything without the ball in his hand? Rex Terp was a freak and knew where the tryline was but otherwise he was a turnstile and that's why he didn't play first grade so much.
My pick for Wests is
1 Sloan (last chance) 2 Tuipoloto 3 Lomax 4 Suli 5 Rava 6 Flanagan 7 Marschke 8 F Molo 9 Hunt 10 BMM 11 Su'a 12 Luce 13 JdB
14 Liddel 15 Fifita 16 Tuitavake 17 Sele 18 RFM
If not Sloan, the Lomax to FB and bring in a Feagai to the centres.
Get some big and mobile bodies in the forwards and rip and tear.
Flanno did say Sloan got hooked cause he didn't put his body on the line.
He needs to be going after more than just Sloan though. Lawrie is the worst forward and the Molo brothers are too small.

Illusion

Bench
Keep Lomax , Sloan , Hunt if we have to , Flanno , JDB , Suli , Sua , Luciano, Liddle , Mariner , F . Molo the new guy from the Bears , then promote the Reserve side to fill the rest .......

Anon

Bench
Tigers are just horrible.
If the team Flano picks can't beat the woeful tigers, then every Dragons player needs to be stripped naked and bashed. They don't deserve to wear the mighty red V.
They’ve already improved in the second half and I reckon even playing like they did in the first half they’d be beating us.

thebigredv

First Grade
If we are hoping for Tigers to keep us off the bottom it is wasted hope.

Titans or us. Obviously Souths will probably rekindle their fire in Round 10 and so it goes...

Lots of twists and turns but we are more off than on, more than any other team just less injuries than Titans at the moment.

Bin Chicken

Juniors
I'd be dropping Lawrie and Bird before even thinking about punting Sloan. Coach needs to send messages to the team and build real competition for spots.

Problem for mine is Tyrell looked just as lost on the wing so putting him out there may have a used by date.

Unless we sign some incredible fullback for next year we have no choice but to keep persisting with Sloan really. If the forwards and halves do their job he can score lots of points off the back.
I’m confident Sloan won’t be fullback next year

jeffdragon

Bench
Dolphins have switched off in the second half thinking they would win easy.
The Dolphins we will see in the next 5 weeks playing big games.
They should of been up more at ht
Sully threw at least 4 dummies and ran.
Tried to get the glory.
I hope we don't fall for that shit next week.

Latest posts