What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rob Lui...Mad Monday...

Charged and released on bail.

November court date.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Wests Tigers halfback Robert Lui is in police custody after being charged with nine offences, including assaulting his pregnant girlfriend.
Lui, 20, appeared in Burwood Local Court on Monday afternoon and was refused bail.
"Burwood police have arrested a 20-year-old man in relation to allegations of a domestic violence-related assault on the weekend," a police statement read.
"The incident is alleged to have occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning at an address in Abbotsford.
"A woman suffered facial injuries.
"The matter was reported to police later that day.
"The man has been charged with nine offences."
The offences include two counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, three of common assault, one of malicious damage, one of choke with intent to commit an indictable offence, one of detain for advantage and one of aggravated robbery.
Lui recently put his good late-season form down to becoming a father for the first time.
He played a starring role in the Tigers' run to third place on the NRL ladder before they bowed out 13-12 to St George Illawarra in Saturday night's preliminary final.
The incident comes at the worst possible time for the league as it prepares for this Sunday's grand final between the Dragons and the Sydney Roosters.

Juniors
WOW.

I just recently praised him for the first time.

I think he's done. This confirms that Moltzen will be in next season. Benji is surely sitting at home with a grin from ear to ear.

Would not be totally upset if he's told to piss off. Tigers pride themselves on clean of the field behaviour. I remeber saying Greg Bird should not be re-registered, dont want to be a hypocrite.

Dam it im more disapointed now than after the loss.

N.C.

Juniors
Its not a good look. Will be interesting, watching how the media positions itself on this one... I mean, he's no Greg Inglis, but he's no Daine Laurie either.

Bit of a loss. Excellent depth half he would've been.

Sting isn't too bad though since we have 2 halves who are already much better.

innsaneink

Referee
WOW.

I just recently praised him for the first time.

I think he's done. This confirms that Moltzen will be in next season. Benji is surely sitting at home with a grin from ear to ear.

Would not be totally upset if he's told to piss off. Tigers pride themselves on clean of the field behaviour. I remeber saying Greg Bird should not be re-registered, dont want to be a hypocrite.

Dam it im more disapointed now than after the loss.

Your statement shows youve more contempt for Benji than Lui
Does your brain cell have sleep time?

Direct

Juniors
he was a promising player

True. Sheens saw something in him that me and plenty of others did not see at the end of last season and the start of this, but Lui really stepped it up and proved himself at the back end of the season. He had #7 jersey on a platter, but even if these charges don't stick, I can't see the Tigers holding onto him.

Reek_Havoc

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to Nth Qld where he is from when all is said and done. I get the impression that he aint the happiest bloke around.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Apart from the first 20mins of the raiders game Lui out performed benji in the finals series.

The first try Saturday night was all him and brilliant, his footwork got him on the outside of Scott and the way he held the ball up forced soward to move on Lawrence, creating the 2 on 1.

I was critical of him early in the year but towards the end of this year he showed why he had been talked up so much, he is only 20 and a real star of the future....if he stays out of gaol.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Apart from the first 20mins of the raiders game Lui out performed benji in the finals series.

The first try Saturday night was all him and brilliant, his footwork got him on the outside of Scott and the way he held the ball up forced soward to move on Lawrence, creating the 2 on 1.

I was critical of him early in the year but towards the end of this year he showed why he had been talked up so much, he is only 20 and a real star of the future....if he stays out of gaol.

Juniors
Your statement shows youve more contempt for Benji than Lui
Does your brain cell have sleep time?

Easy tiger.

Was a sarcastic comment about a very silly rumor.

I wasn't kidding when I said I'm very disappointed. I bagged Lui at first but I took it all back these last three weeks. He could have been anything and a great asset to our team.

I sincerely hope he learns from this and gets another chance, whether with us or not.

aussie7798

First Grade
unreal
thought he looked great against us on saturday but if all charges are true he should be banned from the nrl

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
I was really begining to warm to Lui over the last few weeks, but if these allegations are true then he has to go. I cannot chear for a man (supposedly) who assaults a woman, let alone one who is pregnant. Absolutely despicable if true. That said he deserves his date in court & the club needs all the info before they make a decision.

Latest posts