What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui Suffers Knee Injury

Gibbo

Juniors
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2012/01/27/301005_cowboys.html

NORTH Queensland Cowboys star playmaker Robert Lui suffered a potentially serious knee injury at training this morning.
While management are confident the 21-year-old has not suffered a season-ending ACL tear to his right knee, he is still likely to spend a substantial period on the sidelines.
It is possible he sustained a meniscus tear, which would rule Lui out for between four and six weeks.
He will undergo scans to confirm the extent of the damage tomorrow.
The incident happened as the Cowboys went through an opposed contact drill.
With Lui’s team attacking close to the line the halfback received the ball first off the ruck and ran at the tryline.
Back rower Gavin Cooper came over the top in the tackle, with Johnathan Thurston finishing over the top before Lui could be heard to scream in distress.
He was immediately taken to the sideline where he appeared in significant pain before being helped to the treatment room by assistant coaches Peter Ryan and Terry Matterson.

Talanexor

Juniors
Just what you want from your halfback - getting the ball one off the ruck and charging at the tryline.

At least now Ray Thompson gets a very good chance to cement his spot in the halves.

Hands up who wished this on him?

hand.jpg

Godz Illa

Coach
The karma police get their man.

Isaac Gordon next please (he buzzes like a fridge)

Last edited:

_snafu_

Immortal
When I read the subject of the thread, I thought that the cause of his injury was his girlfriend accidentally headbutting his knee.

Flapper

First Grade
When I read the subject of the thread, I thought that the cause of his injury was his girlfriend accidentally headbutting his knee.

Thinking something similar.

What goes around comes around I guess. merkins will get theirs.

Latest posts