What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robert Lui Suffers Knee Injury

Cowboys got Lui because they're under pressure to go deep into September this year after 2-3 seasons of underperforming. At this stage of their careers, Lui has shown more than Thompson, so he's probably looked at as the quick fix to help them out. Wouldn't be surprised if Thurston is partly responsible either

super_coach

First Grade
Forget about his mad monday antics for a minute as a footballer he is a classy player and IMO way in front of Thompson. Both last season and the season before Lui led the tigers late season charge and in fact made a lot better calls than Benji and farah at times. He defense is not his strong suit but will get better with experience. I think the Cowboys have got a good signing of course if he gets through his court case and if his knee pulls up okay

Canard

Immortal
This must be the first time ever that supporters of the team that a player left are defending the player, and the supporters of the team he joined aren’t.

Unlike last offseason where certain Parra fans were convinced that Carl Webb was a good signing and Steve Kearney and there gun strength and conditioning coach would have him firing.

For mine, I hope Stella Artois never plays a game for us, but Im know that it is likely he will be picked for first grade, if fit, every week.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is there any truth to the rumour that Sam Backo was seen leaving through a back entrance of Dairy Farmers Stadium, with a baseball bat in his hand?
Sam wouldn't need a bat.

And he'd do a lot more damage .

nrlnrl

First Grade
more news after the scans

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...e-to-knee-injury/story-fn2mcuj6-1226258598941

North Queensland Cowboys recruit Robert Lui will not require surgery despite suffering an injury scare at pre-season training last week.

Lui has been ruled-out for North Queensland’s three scheduled pre-season trial matches but is an outside chance of returning in time for the Cowboys' opening game for the NRL season against Gold Coast Titans.

Scans taken after the training mishap confirmed the halfback’s right kneecap was dislocated and he suffered a small ligament tear when he was hit in a tackle during the opposed session.

While Lui is disappointed to suffer the injury during his first pre-season with the Cowboys, he’s happy it isn’t as serious as first thought. "I felt a click and I knew straight away something was wrong," he said. "Thank God it wasn’t a PCL (posterior cruciate ligament) or ACL (anterior crucitate ligament) where I could have been out for the whole season."

North Queensland kick off their pre-season schedule with a trial against Brisbane Broncos at Redcliffe on Saturday.

Latest posts