What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rocket and Sharp sacked

BigErn

Juniors
Everything is falling in place for next year.
Maybe one more major signing and I think Kearney and the board will have the players and staff they need to have a real crack at the comp, or at least the top 8.

This year was always a rebuilding year. But that excuse won't fly next year. I just hope that we're not in a similar position on the table 12 months from now.

For those saying that the article has nothing to do with the AFL. There is a Tie in piece on the same page as this from Brandy Alexander bemoaning how much is spent on the game vs the endless money AFL has, and that having no successful teams in Western Sydney is aiding their cause. The back page has 4 people sacked / moving / lost from the 4 Western Sydney clubs in a Wild West format. So while on it's own it is not the best, in the context on the page it gets its point across.

El Diablo

Post Whore
For those saying that the article has nothing to do with the AFL. There is a Tie in piece on the same page as this from Brandy Alexander bemoaning how much is spent on the game vs the endless money AFL has, and that having no successful teams in Western Sydney is aiding their cause. The back page has 4 people sacked / moving / lost from the 4 Western Sydney clubs in a Wild West format. So while on it's own it is not the best, in the context on the page it gets its point across.

News Ltd are just starting to show why they want to get out of the NRL

they are instead going to just jump on AFL and push it hard. it's not like any of the DT journo's actually appear to be RL supporters

you can bet this didn't make the DT http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...point-since-2006/story-e6frf3e3-1226103203243

google shows they aren't putting it on the DT site despite it mentioning the Swans. see here

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
no story here unless terms of the contracts aren't being meet, but as the article suggests it is still in the hands of HR.

Haffa

Sharpe is a decent bloke and a good footy mind but I'm sure you'll cope without him, probably the perfect person to have around for the transition year you went through.

TheParraboy

Staff member
By getting rid of Rod Reddy does this mean

"Eels have fired a Rocket" ????

anim30.jpg

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah Reddy probably been there too long but talk about double blow, his son signs elsewhere and he gets the sack.

As for Sharpe disappointed his leaving, he was at Parramatta for a while, I think he had more to do with their defence, not that hes a defensive coach but I think that he had some role in it.

But seriously wtf has it got to do with AFL expanding in the Western Sydney?? Was Dean Ritchie that bored he decided to write another "AFL takes over RL" and again the idiot mentioned it on the Game Plan.

Rugby League is always going to be strong in the west.

I mean GWS arent even in the comp yet and theyre talking about making their mark. But you've got a bloke like Israel Folau showing kids how to play AFL. :lol:

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Sharpie was originally hired to take care of defence. SK has brought a vastly superior model for our defence. Sharp is no longer required.

Rocket Rod, no longer needed with Nolan, although I do think he would be good with juniors somewhere.

Knowlsey, he will move on to bigger things.

strider

Post Whore

rightio - so then its a bullshit article only written to fill up space on the same page as another article ..... so still full-o-shit :thumn