What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ronaldo - 80million

WireMan

Bench
Why do you want Robben? He'll spend more time on the treatment table than on the field.

Fergie's scouting/recruitment hasn't always been spot on BTW. Djemba-Djemba, Nani, Taibi, Fortune, Cryuff, Bellion etc.

As for Madrid, they are still a shambles and their defence is rubbish.

I know all about Fergie and his scouting failures. Taibi wasn't that bad though he was trying to replace our greatest ever goalie, got man of the match in his first game, let a shot through his legs and that was that. Fortune got injured, before that he was a useful player.
I wouldn't say Nani has been a failure yet, he didn't progress much this year, but neither did Anderson, i feel this next season is big for those two. The rest you named were rubbish yes. :) But he has learnt from his mistakes.

And yes, unless Madrid does something wth there defence, the team won't work.

Two league titles, a Champions League title, Intercontinental Cup and a European SuperCup.

That's what the original Galacticos won.

What else do you need reminding about?

2001 Champions League was pre-Beckham, pre-Ronaldo. Intercontinental Cup and the so called European Supercup are meaninlgess one off games.

So they won two LaLiga titles, the minimum going rate for Madrid.

The Galacticos where a failure.

RedVGooner

Juniors
You might have a bunch of stars but depends if they work together as a team, but looking at Real Madrid, this is getting out of hand and i just tuned into eurosport and they interviewed the boss of Barcelona and he stated they Real are just doing harm to the game and paying over the odds for Kaka. i tend to agree with him. i just hope this backfires on Real.

Knightmare

Coach
I hope Real's new Galacticos era is as unsuccessful as their first one.

Remind me again exactly what silverware a team with Beckham, Zidane, Figo, Raul and the original Ronaldo won?

Meanwhile they let Samuel Eto'o go and didn't sign Ronaldino because he was "too ugly" according to one of their directors.

I look forward to many more years of Catalan domination and Castilian frustration.

+1.

I also look forward to ManUre fans suddenly realising what a diver Ronaldo is.

2001 Champions League was pre-Beckham, pre-Ronaldo. Intercontinental Cup and the so called European Supercup are meaninlgess one off games.

So they won two LaLiga titles, the minimum going rate for Madrid.

The Galacticos where a failure.

2001 Champions League was won by Bayern.

2002 Champions League was won by the Galacticos.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Ribery is beyond awesome as a player and he'd be the absolute perfect replacement for Ronaldo.

In fact, in a best case scenario for Unted, they will be a better team next year with Ribery and Benzema - their first genuine goalscorer since Ruud.

As for Real Madrid, well the money they are throwing around just boggles the mind. Remind me again where ecactly they get it from? Some sort of government assistance apparently?

WireMan

Bench
Oh and rumour has it Valencia have rejected a bid by Chelsea for Villa because negotiations with Madrid are at an "advanced" stage.

WireMan

Bench
Ribery is beyond awesome as a player and he'd be the absolute perfect replacement for Ronaldo.

In fact, in a best case scenario for Unted, they will be a better team next year with Ribery and Benzema - their first genuine goalscorer since Ruud.

As for Real Madrid, well the money they are throwing around just boggles the mind. Remind me again where ecactly they get it from? Some sort of government assistance apparently?

Loans, and banks won't put pressure to pay it back as Madrid have friends in very high places...

Real madrid get government assisted. They sold off something like 11 training facilities to fund the Zidane transfer and the profit was grossly inflated because they were purchased by the local councils (whatever they are in Spain.)

The rest of the money doesn't exist.

And yes, Ribery is beyond awesome and is probably the only player in the world besides Kaka or Messi who would be fit to play 7 for United.

As he is a respectable man and a great player I hope to christ he goes to Barca or Man U. On the other hand, I want us to get Van der Vaart.

WireMan

Bench
Real madrid get government assisted. They sold off something like 11 training facilities to fund the Zidane transfer and the profit was grossly inflated because they were purchased by the local councils (whatever they are in Spain.)

The rest of the money doesn't exist.

And yes, Ribery is beyond awesome and is probably the only player in the world besides Kaka or Messi who would be fit to play 7 for United.

As he is a respectable man and a great player I hope to christ he goes to Barca or Man U. On the other hand, I want us to get Van der Vaart.

If Madrid buy Villa, which looks likely. Ribery can't go there. There will be no room for him?

I think you will get Van der Vaart, the only thing that would stop you is a top 4 prem club going for him. That would be us or Liverpool, but i can't see it.

Real Madrid do not know the meaning of no room. Saviola? I still have hopes.

I would prefer he went to Barca or Man U like Ballack should have.

WireMan

Bench
So all that whinging finally paid off, eh?

Madrid are not helping the game, but i suppose Chelsea and City havn't really started yet. Not whinging, making a point.

Nothing will change. Barca will win la liga. United everthing else. ;-)

Oh and my tip for the new number 7... Danny Welbeck. :cool:

If Liverpool can jag Villa then they would be odds on for the EPL next year.[/QUOTE]

LOL Villa is headed to madrid. sorry to say. u;ll only see them playing together for Spain so enjoy the confed cup.

I hope Real's new Galacticos era is as unsuccessful as their first one.

I look forward to many more years of Catalan domination and Castilian frustration.

lol. unfortunately catalan maggots will continue to be sopressed, probably for eternity. they just arent spain now r they. so HALA MADRID, the capital of the greatest nation on Earth, Spain.