What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

Who will be Rookie of The Year for 2014?

• Paul Carter (Gold Coast Titans)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Manu Mau (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Pauli Pauli (Parramatta Eels)

• Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers)

• Isiah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

• Blake Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Moses Mbye (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• Corey Thompson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• David Fusitua (New Zealand Warriors)

• Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)

• Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights)

• Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Kirisome Auva'a (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Kyle Turner (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's got to be all Luke Brooks at the moment, he's an absolute sensation and I am not sure if he can be topped by his fellow NRL rookies.

Guys like Fusitua, Alex Johnston, Curtis Rona have started off very impressive also however I now understand the wraps that Brooks has on him being compared to Joey. The kid could be an all-star.

I also see why Johnston was picked to be a young GI in that campaign ad too with his start to his career with fending off Billy and scoring one of a few highlights already and he'd be my pick to really challenge Brooks however I think he is almost nearly home not even half way into the season.

The media loves him, had a wonderful debut last season and he has been extraordinary in what he offers.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Hmmm...

Brooks has been average.

I mean clearly he's a very talented kid but he's had a very up and down season. It certainly hasn't helped missing Teddy and Farah for stretches and also playing beside Bwaith.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Brooks has been ok

Not as Good as the wraps he is getting. Media blew their load over his performance against the broncos when really he let the team down a number of times in the opposition 20.

People need to remember that he is only 19, if the tigers were a stronger team and in a better position he would be spending most of the year in nsw cup (like manly did with DCE in 2010). He has come into a struggling team that's been raped by injuries and has been asked to be the main (and at times only) play maker. For where he is in his footy career he is doing very, very well.

BranVan3000

Coach
Luke Brooks will win it based on media hype

Does David Klemmer qualify? He had only played a few games before this year

Also Semi Radrara?

Clifferd

Coach
For the amount of NRL games he's played and the shit players he has had to work with (Lawrence, Anasta, Rowe) I think he's definitely up there. The fact that we are heavily reliant on a guy who's only played 11 NRL games is a credit to his potential.

He'd be hoping to work with a spine with Tedesco, Moses and Farah for years to come.

Noname36

First Grade
Brooks will probably win. Hasn't been spectacular but there isn't much competition this year.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
unfortunately this award isn't judged in talent but in volume of commentators semen so brooks 1st, 2nd and 3rd

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hard to go past Brooks, but I don't think he's been that great. Shows flashes of brilliance and I have no doubt he'll go on to be one of the better halves running around, but nowhere near the level the media and commentators wax on about him which is the most important thing in winning the award.

Is Carter from the Tits eligible? Really enjoyed watching him. He's a tough nugget.

Mau for me has been the most impressive.

Fusitua for the Warriors is showing some real nice touches. Last two games he's played he's come up with match changing moments. Not bad at all for a winger.

Packy

Bench
Carter and Ma'u have been great in every game they have played. Brooks has been poor in a few.

juro

Bench
Would think it is easier for a winger to win this sort of award than other positions. Halves have so much pressure on them, in organising the whole team, while wingers can rely on their natural speed or footwork to do their job. Forwards would be even rarer, given they don't usually mature to top players until at least a few seasons into the top grade.