What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

Who will be Rookie of The Year for 2014?

• Paul Carter (Gold Coast Titans)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Manu Mau (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Pauli Pauli (Parramatta Eels)

• Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers)

• Isiah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

• Blake Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Moses Mbye (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• Corey Thompson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• David Fusitua (New Zealand Warriors)

• Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)

• Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights)

• Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Kirisome Auva'a (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Kyle Turner (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pHyR3

Juniors
luke brooks will come into his own in the next 6 weeks. mark my words.

he's been travelling along alright, but he's sstarting to find his voice now. Look at how he completely took control of the sharks game and did very well against the broncos.

after the bye the tiger's will have an almost full strength team and most importantly a full strength spine.

if NSW have lost origin by game 3, i'd say throw him in and see what happens.

Bench
Carter or Ma'u are great choices but you peeps are correct in that they will award it to Luke Plods

Plods went fairly well against Parra I thought,a length of the field try off a Hayne assist,and match winning field goal.

Charlie124

First Grade
Manu Mau, Luke Brooks and Paul Carter would be popular choices so far

However its a long season - so are any of the followers eligible or even contenders?

Clydesdale from Newcastle
Auva'a from Souths
Morgan - Cowboys
Wighton - Raiders
Laumape - Warriors
Tonumaipea - Storm

I like Tyrone Peachey but he played 7 games last season

lol, not likely. Morgs debuted 4 years ago

Vic Mackey

Referee
Brooks also missed the entire off season due to surgery, he is doing quiet well all things considered

Didgi

Manu Mau, Luke Brooks and Paul Carter would be popular choices so far

However its a long season - so are any of the followers eligible or even contenders?

Clydesdale from Newcastle
Auva'a from Souths
Morgan - Cowboys
Wighton - Raiders
Laumape - Warriors
Tonumaipea - Storm

I like Tyrone Peachey but he played 7 games last season

Laumape played 14 games last season. Definitely not eligible.

Morgan is closing in on 50 games, not quite his debut season.

natheel

Coach
At the moment

Brooks
Ma'u
Carter

Those 3 are the biggest standouts for me. Brooks will get it due to media hype

blaza88z

Coach
I don't know how people aren't suggesting Brooks will be rookie of the year, on raw talent he's the shining light amongst them all

he's not a week in week out performer but what the f**k do you expect from a guy playing in a key playmaking role, all the other guys are playing in positions where they can just chime in when they need to

Radical Rat

Juniors
I don't know how people aren't suggesting Brooks will be rookie of the year, on raw talent he's the shining light amongst them all

he's not a week in week out performer but what the f**k do you expect from a guy playing in a key playmaking role, all the other guys are playing in positions where they can just chime in when they need to

Exactly right. How anyone could say that Carter is ahead of Brooks as rookie of the year is the dumbest sh!t I've ever heard. One bloke has been carrying his team in the most crucial position on the field, the other one has come off the bench as a back up hooker for 20 minute cameos (bar the past 2 weeks).

Last edited:

Radical Rat

Juniors
Exactly right. How anyone could say that Carter is ahead of Brooks as rookie of the year is the dumbest sh!t I've ever heard. One bloke has been carrying his team in the most crucial position on the field, the other one has come off the bench as a back up hooker for 20 minute cameos (bar the past 2 weeks).

BranVan3000

Coach
Surprised no mentions of Apisai Koroisau, he is definitely in the mix if he retains a spot when Luke is back. Cameron McInnes is going great too

Kyle Turner has also been good enough to push Chris McQueen out of a starting spot

Definitely a competitive year for rookies

ek999

First Grade

Because I think Ma'u has been playing a hell of a lot better and more consistently than Brooks

Kiwi

First Grade
This year has probably been one of the leanest talent wise for a while. They'll give it to Brooks the way they have been talking him up in the commentary and the media. Even most Tigpie fans believe all the hype, he was average for most of the game on Friday night last week, out played by Hunt and they sooked like stuck pigs at RLW when Hunt made the team of the week over Brooks.

Iron Lion

Juniors
David Fusitua with a few more games could be in real contention, very gifted athlete for his size and gives the Warriors a very dynamic and athletic edge.

Fusitua is dynamite. Im glad he is not in the radar for most fans yet. I'd rather the young man concentrate on the job rather than awards. So BROOKS it is lol