What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos squad named.

Special K

Coach
O'Meley is just the man you'd want to fire back at the kiwi pack. I don't know why Ryles was picked. Poor bastard will just get smashed. O'Meley would of gone hunting for SBW, Wiki etc. Look at how Shrek plays in Origin. He'd kill it against the kiwi blokes.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Charlie Saab said:
have Warren Ryan coach the team if it angers people so much

i agree
it does anger people, so get ryan in there, he is a mater coach and is un bias

Ray

Juniors
I know League is a team game, but just for the sake of it, I think NZ has the advantage in the following positions:

Wing (Matt Utai)
Prop (Ruben Wiki and Jason Cayless)
Centre (Nigel Vagana*)
Lock (Sonny Bill Williams)
Second Row (Tony Puletua*)
Bench (Roy Asotasi* and David Kidwell*)

*maybe

Mr Saab

Referee
Ray said:
I know League is a team game, but just for the sake of it, I think NZ has the advantage in the following positions:

Wing (Matt Utai)
Prop (Ruben Wiki and Jason Cayless)
Centre (Nigel Vagana*)
Lock (Sonny Bill Williams)
Second Row (Tony Puletua*)
Bench (Roy Asotasi* and David Kidwell*)

*maybe

you are KIDDING yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jason Cayless???????????? better than Ryles or Webcke???????????
Australias bench is supreme

Ray

Juniors
Jason Cayless better than Ryles of Webcke? Maybe I should have put an asterix on that one... :lol:

But I would definitely have Wiki on the paddock ahead of those two Aussies.

[furrycat]

Coach
I think its unbelievable that O'Meley hasn't been named in the Roos team. Looking at the stats, he has had a far better year than Webcke and what makes less sense is how Ryles has made it on "form" when he barely even played!

Mr Saab

Referee
Jake the snake said:
The only area the Kiwis are lacking is in there halfs and thats where the Aussies will beat them.

and thats where the game is truly based...the halves!

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
Jake the snake said:
The only area the Kiwis are lacking is in there halfs and thats where the Aussies will beat them.

and thats where the game is truly based...the halves!

Yes and no. Should the Kiwi forward pack get over the Australian pack and limit the room Lockyer and Gower will have then anything is possible. Leuluai and Faumuina showed that last year.....

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:
Yes and no. Should the Kiwi forward pack get over the Australian pack and limit the room Lockyer and Gower will have then anything is possible. Leuluai and Faumuina showed that last year.....

australias forward pack and bench is absolutely HUGE. I cant see the kiwis dominating the Aussie pack. Now way

Kingytek

Juniors
For not picking O'Meley in a weird way I hope NZ wins just to get Bennets head out of his arse.

Also I think the tate, tonga centre pairing would have been pretty good! I dont think Kenedy should be there, maybe Ryan or someone like that, def not petro, dont get me wrong, I really value him as a player but going on form I think others need to have first preferance

[furrycat]

Coach
I'm going for NZ anyways, so I'm pretty happy about them choosing O'Meley in that fact, but very annoyed that he isn't playing because he bloody well deserves it.

Big Mick

Referee
ps. Tonga is a highly over rated player... and rooney too!

What drugs are you on.

Rooney is the safest winger in the NRL under the high ball. Better than Chris Walker, Todd Byrne and Hegarty.

The only safe winger you guys have next year is one you bought from us at a premium.

Get ur hand off it. If Rooney was a Rooster you'd love him in there.

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
The Colonel said:

australias forward pack and bench is absolutely HUGE. I cant see the kiwis dominating the Aussie pack. Now way

Lock Forward - Luke Ricketson, Sydney Roosters
Second Row - Craig Fitzgibbon, Sydney Roosters
Second Row - Steve Simpson, Newcastle Knights
Prop Forward - Robbie Kearns, Melbourne Storm
Hooker - Danny Buderus, Newcastle Knights
Prop Forward - Shane Webcke, Brisbane Broncos

Interchange - Willie Mason, The Bulldogs
Interchange - Richard Villasanti, New Zealand Warriors
Interchange - Phil Bailey, Cronulla Sharks
Interchange - Craig Gower, Penrith Panthers

Similar sized team to the team that lost last year. Maybe not the same on ability however they were dominated when they shouldn't have been.... IMO the Kiwis have a better back this time around too.

Time will tell.....

[furrycat]

Coach
Tonga over-rated? Now that's a classic... I seem to recall he ran over Hodges and Walker many times.

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:
Similar sized team to the team that lost last year. Maybe not the same on ability however they were dominated when they shouldn't have been.... IMO the Kiwis have a better back this time around too.

Time will tell.....

this yrs team is far more impressive with Ryles, Hindmarsh and TC.

avsterooster

Juniors
its a farce that omeley hasnt been picked

webke is getting old and not keeping up with the pace of test match football, we all saw in the state of origin how he was dying and ready to come off

omeley not there is a joke

best prop forward in the game at the moment

Dogaholic

First Grade
[furrycat said:
]Tonga over-rated? Now that's a classic... I seem to recall he ran over Hodges and Walker many times.

That doesn't say much for Tonga actually ;-)

Look at all his other performances though! He is a gun!

The Colonel

Immortal
Charlie Saab said:
The Colonel said:

Time will tell.....

this yrs team is far more impressive with Ryles, Hindmarsh and TC.

You were going well until you said Carroll. Ricketson is a far better player....