What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos squad named.

ozboy

Juniors
Tonga and Rooney overated :? :?

Tonga is the best centre weve got while Rooney is as good under the high ball as anyone else.

O'Meley on form deserves a bench spot but for mine (and probably Bennett as well) is to small and skinny and would be monstered by the kiwis just like he was in the GF. Civoniceva on the other hand is a huge man who is a man you dont run at.

Only three kiwis would make this roo team, Utai, Puletua(bench) and Sonny Bill while the Roos dominate every where else.

Compared to last years team this one is 10 times better, while people questioning the addition of Ryles and Kennedy, yes they have been injured a lot but both of them when in form and full fitness (as they are now) are the best in their position in the world.

ozboy

Juniors

Tonga is the best centre weve got while Rooney is as good under the high ball as anyone else.

O'Meley on form deserves a bench spot but for mine (and probably Bennett as well) is to small and skinny and would be monstered by the kiwis just like he was in the GF. Civoniceva on the other hand is a huge man who is a man you dont run at.

Only three kiwis would make this roo team, Utai, Puletua(bench) and Sonny Bill while the Roos dominate every where else.

Compared to last years team this one is 10 times better, while people questioning the addition of Ryles and Kennedy, yes they have been injured a lot but both of them when in form and full fitness (as they are now) are the best in their position in the world.

Kingytek

Juniors
ozboy said:

O'Meley - Small and Skinny
Am I reading right? That cant be right? You cant be serious? :lol: :? :lol: :? :lol:

Dogaholic

First Grade
Kingytek said:
ozboy said:

Am I reading right? That cant be right? You cant be serious? :lol: :? :lol: :? :lol:

He isn't as big as other forwards. but he gets better meters than them

ozboy

Juniors
Kingytek said:
ozboy said:

Yes he is, you saw what happened in the GF, the Roosters forwards smashed him. While i cant dispute O'Meleys work rate and toughness, he is just too small and is too easily dominated by opposition class forwards, as the Kiwis have got.

Kingytek

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Kingytek said:
ozboy said:

Put him next to Preston Campbell, yeah i know, it just looked strange someone calling shrek small and skinny, any dietitian will tell you if you are 100kg and 180cm you are far from skinny!! :)

ozboy

Juniors
Kingytek said:
ozboy said:

Yes he is, you saw what happened in the GF, the Roosters forwards smashed him. While i cant dispute O'Meleys work rate and toughness, he is just too small and is too easily dominated by opposition class forwards, as the Kiwis have got.

ozboy

Juniors
Kingytek said:
Its a Dogs World said:
Kingytek said:
ozboy said:

Put him next to Preston Campbell, yeah i know, it just looked strange someone calling shrek small and skinny, any dietitian will tell you if you are 100kg and 180cm you are far from skinny!! :)

In terms of being a top class prop, he is. Compare him to the likes of Webcke, Ryles and Civoniceva and he looks like a dwarf.

miccle

Bench
O'Meley not being there - he must be injured. If not, it's a farce and he should be in the team ahead of BK.

For those slagging off Petero.. I know he's definitely not the most flashy, offloading forward around. But his consistency makes him a perfect choice for bench play in international matches imo. He's made 200+ metres so many times this season and is as reliable as they come.

When it comes to the TC issue - I will agree that imo he shouldn't be there. However, I think it's warrented when there was only himself and Timmins named in the train-on squad. In my opinion, Harrison and Waterhouse should've been the two named, but if it counts for anything I reckon TC is a far superior choice to Timmins... particularly playing off locky.

Kris_man

Bench
I think people are forgetting that Brisbane did finish 3rd on the ladder, and while Berrigan was there, he was very very good. I have no problem with him being picked in the centres above Matt Cooper - his Origin performance was good without being excellent, and the Dragons have a history of having too many rep players anyway, so it's nice to have a change from that.

having said all that, there are too many Broncos in the team who don't deserve their spot (in crucial positions too), i just think that Berrigan isn't one of them:

Petero Civoniceva: i know he cleaned up the Broncos awards night, but big deal?? i haven't seen him do anything spectacular in any of the Brisbane games i've seen, as well as the origin games where he was quiet. O'Meley, on the other hand, has a scorcher every time i see him play. i know he got dominated in the grand final, but that's only cos the Roosters targeted him with about 4 defenders sprinting up on him. i'm sure Civoniceva or any other prop would suffer the same fate under the same circumstances.

Tonie Carroll: i had to read it twice to believe it, then a third time just to be sure. there have been so many good locks this year, and i think Carroll was lucky even to make the 25-man squad ahead of Harrison and Waterhouse. to then start him ahead of Andrew Ryan is extremely strange in my opinion. i really can't get my head around it. i'm not saying he's not a good player, i'm just saying that i think there's better. someone before mentioned O'Meley's inexperience at international level - how about Carroll's?!

and Ben Kennedy?? gee, we're lucky that this is a weak NZ side...

Red Bear

Referee
Starting second rower Kris.
I agree with Berrigan being there, i think he is a top player.
Tonie Carrol? Are you f**king shitting me? Should be Ash Harrison but he aint on tour, so Shaun Timmins should be there. O'meley should be there also.