What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos squad named.

The Colonel

Immortal
The selection of Kennedy is appalling at the very best however the injury to Fitzgiibon explains it to an extent. He has played next to not at all this year. His selection ahead of Waterhouse is ridiculous......

Glad to see that Bennett still has some faith in his players though :| - Lockyer and possibly Webcke should have been the only two picked from the Broncos ahead of others. He did well to get five.....

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
I think part of the reason this bias exists is because the Australian team has been so strong and dominant that the coach can afford to kind of add in a few players that would've normally not been picked in the strongest team.

That being said it's just wrong. I mean anyone with decent eyesight can see Wayne Bennett has been completely bias towards his own players, it's bordering on pathetic. This is the Kangaroo's, not the Broncos. As good a team as they are I just don't see how it warrants seeing so many of them called up to represent the international team. Especially when alot of the players form doesn't warrant it.

Welcome to coaching Bias...happened in the past, happens in the present, and will happen in the future. Get USED to it.

Why should we have to? Why do rugby league fans have to put up with a coach who constantly picks players from his own team purely because they're from his own team. I think if they're going to pick anyone to coach the Australian team it should either be a coach not currently working in the NRL, or a coach from one of the smaller teams like Wests Tigers or something. Just because they'd probably be less inclined to fill their team up with their own players, and might actually look upon the "lesser known" players instead of just picking the starting lock forward or whoever from their own team :roll:

That being said I don't really have a problem with TC's inclusion, there's probably better players going around but he's not a complete leper.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Shrek :arrow: Petrol 70centsalitre
Cooper :arrow: Berrigan
Anyone :arrow: Carroll

on the plus side, the naming of Carroll means SBW and Wiki will be able to give him what for... good luck Carroll, you'll need it

Greenblooded

Juniors
O'Meley not being picked is just about the worst non-selection I have ever seen.
Tonga I can live with, but Berrigan over Cooper :shock:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
anyone considered that bennett's looking for experience up front? maybe thats why shreks been overlooked for Webke, Civ and Ryles (who have all played test footy).

I dont expect this side to look like the next one as I think bennett will be rotating his players around heaps, so expect to see a lot of the players who missed out in the next team

Mr Saab

Referee
LaCuna Coil said:
Why should we have to? Why do rugby league fans have to put up with a coach who constantly picks players from his own team purely because they're from his own team. I think if they're going to pick anyone to coach the Australian team it should either be a coach not currently working in the NRL, or a coach from one of the smaller teams like Wests Tigers or something. Just because they'd probably be less inclined to fill their team up with their own players, and might actually look upon the "lesser known" players instead of just picking the starting lock forward or whoever from their own team :roll:

That being said I don't really have a problem with TC's inclusion, there's probably better players going around but he's not a complete leper.
wait till 2005 when Sticky Stuart is coach of NSW and then come talk to me about Coaching Bias :roll:

Pierced Soul

First Grade
There has never been an "unbiased" coach in rep footy whether it's at Test, state or city/country. The only way to do this is have a coach who has never played league.... look at all the people who reckon finch's dad is biased towards the rorters just cos brett plays for them...

Kiwi

First Grade
There are only a few things I think i'd change about that side.

Kennedy gornski from the side, Ryles and Carroll to the bench, O'Meley and Ryan to the starting line up and thats it.

LaCuna Coil

Juniors
wait till 2005 when Sticky Stuart is coach of NSW and then come talk to me about Coaching Bias

How would that make it alright? Wayne Bennett, Ricky Stuart... doesn't matter, bias is bias and it shouldn't happen so often in the international team :roll:

Kiwi

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
There has never been an "unbiased" coach in rep footy whether it's at Test, state or city/country. The only way to do this is have a coach who has never played league.... look at all the people who reckon finch's dad is biased towards the rorters just cos brett plays for them...

There will always be biased in the selections. Due to EVERYONE having their favourites, prefered players ect. It doesn't matter if you get someone that hasn't played the game to coach the side, he'd still be biased towards certain players. Because he wouldn't be coaching in the game if he didn't love the game, and if he loved the game he'd support a team.

Kiwi

First Grade
LaCuna Coil said:
wait till 2005 when Sticky Stuart is coach of NSW and then come talk to me about Coaching Bias

How would that make it alright? Wayne Bennett, Ricky Stuart... doesn't matter, bias is bias and it shouldn't happen so often in the international team :roll:

But it does, you are biased towards your team, I am towards mine, biased happens at every level of the game. From the fans right through to the admin. It's part of the game, get use to it because it is not going to change any time soon.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Pierced Soul said:

There will always be biased in the selections. Due to EVERYONE having their favourites, prefered players ect. It doesn't matter if you get someone that hasn't played the game to coach the side, he'd still be biased towards certain players. Because he wouldn't be coaching in the game if he didn't love the game, and if he loved the game he'd support a team.

I agree, I'm just arguing that u cant have an "unbiased" coach of any sorts. coaches pick players they believe will do the job regardless of whether we (the fans) believe other players should be there. Being a club coach means that bennett knows what the broncos players are like more than other club.

If it was gould we'd have rooters in there cos he knows how they work better, if we had elliot we'd have raiders in there....

u cant even have "unbioased" selectors cos they've all played for certain clubs and are still affiliated with certain teams

Corbin

Juniors
BERRIGAN!? CARROLL!? honeslty not derderved to be in the team!!!!!!!!!!! wat about matt bowen? matt Cooper??!!!!!!
FAR OUT!!!!!!!!
this is so anoying

Kiwi

First Grade
Pierced Soul said:
Kiwi said:
Pierced Soul said:

I agree, I'm just arguing that u cant have an "unbiased" coach of any sorts. coaches pick players they believe will do the job regardless of whether we (the fans) believe other players should be there. Being a club coach means that bennett knows what the broncos players are like more than other club.

If it was gould we'd have rooters in there cos he knows how they work better, if we had elliot we'd have raiders in there....

u cant even have "unbioased" selectors cos they've all played for certain clubs and are still affiliated with certain teams

Yep, all I can say is Australians should all be greatful the person ( there has to be someone stupid enough ) that thinks Owen Craige is one of the best players isn't coach.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Kiwi said:
Yep, all I can say is Australians should all be greatful the person ( there has to be someone stupid enough ) that thinks Owen Craige is one of the best players isn't coach.

hahahahaha imagine that...bulgerrelli (sic) and craigie in a test team... could be worse...vella could also get picked...oh wait thats already happened :roll: