What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters 5 Classic Matches Pack...

Amadaca

Juniors
Watching the Broncos 2002 Semi, how the world changes.

Darren Lockyer had hair (lots of it).

Craig Bellamy was running drinks as water boy.

Ricky Stuart knew what he was doing.

Shannon Hegarty was an actual asset to a football team.

However there is comfort in knowing some things never change. Gorden Tallis spent all night bitching about Bill Harrigan & he still does that today :lol:

There is a great moment in this match too, where an old Brett Mullins shows he's still got it with a long-range try, & the slow mo replay shows the agony on Lockyers face as he pursues vainly --- looks just like that guy in the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry gets a headstart in their race :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Next three coming 14th August...Raiders, Panthers and Warriors.
Love how they did every NSW team before an out of state team got one :lol:

Aye although the Broncos released their own 25th Anniversary Pack which has all six grand finals and Top 25 moments.

Would love our own set though.

Must say, Roosters set is bloody good. That Newcastle prelim for me is still one of the best comebacks of all time.

Amadaca

Juniors
Aye although the Broncos released their own 25th Anniversary Pack which has all six grand finals and Top 25 moments.

Must say, Roosters set is bloody good. That Newcastle prelim for me is still one of the best comebacks of all time.

We did pretty much the same thing to them in 1998 (another semi, but less at stake).

Amadaca

Juniors

Which five games would you like to see boxed, knowing GF's aren't considered for these?

I have that one Pete. Lost the first disc when we got robbed. Bastards. Getting it again was a great little doco

Monk

Referee
Shame they only post wins. Would have loved to watch the Draw vs the Warriors again. Was an amazing game to be at

Amadaca

Juniors
Obvious one for Broncos set...02 vs Tigers and 06 PF vs Bulldogs

Don't remember 02 against Tigers, but that was a hell of a comeback against the Bulldogs in 06.

Also their first Finals match in 2000 against the Sharks, & two weeks later against the Eels, were a lot of fun.

Amadaca

Juniors
Shame they only post wins. Would have loved to watch the Draw vs the Warriors again. Was an amazing game to be at

Our season was on the line. Remember listening to that on the radio. What a nail-biter!!!!

H.H

Juniors
Our season was on the line. Remember listening to that on the radio. What a nail-biter!!!!
Crowd lost their s**t that day.

One of my best experiences as a supporter. I remember seeing Easts and Warrior supporters arm in arm leaving the game. Nothing but respect on both sides after a phenominallly entertaining game.

Big Pete

Referee
Which five games would you like to see boxed, knowing GF's aren't considered for these?

Good question.

Following the theme of other set...

R1 1988 vs. Manly - First ever game and can count as the flogging of the set.

R14 1990 vs. Canberra - The forgotten gem on the set. I believe there's highlights of this game on YouTube and it's well worth a look. For once both teams were at full strength and in the end it was the Broncos in the dying stages pulling out the victory.

R12 2002 vs. Tigers - The cult favourite game. As much as that tag annoys me and everyone the 'baby' Broncos is one of the best stories this club has.

Prelim Final 06 vs. Bulldogs - Obviously one of the club's greatest moments. A fantastic comeback started by a fantastic former Rooster Justin Hodges.

Semi Final 2011 vs. St George Illawarra - The final game for arguably the club's greatest player. A dramatic game with a fantastic finish.

I had so many games I had to erase.
R8 92 vs. Knights
98 Superbowl vs. Knights
R7 02 vs. Knights
R19 vs. Melbourne - First golden point win

etc. etc.

Non Terminator said:
I have that one Pete. Lost the first disc when we got robbed. Bastards. Getting it again was a great little doco

I really liked the inclusion of the pre-season cup highlights. In saying, I was disappointed with the set. I had big expectations and was disappointed to discover it tried to name a best moment for each year as opposed to being the best moments in general.

Somehow, finals wins against the Titans or our first win at Suncorp don't strike me as better moments than our 93 or 06 Prelim.

Monk said:
Shame they only post wins.

I reckon you guys just got dudded - the Tigers set includes the R1 2000 draw. Mind you, that was also their inaugural game.

As a Broncos fan, I reckon I'll need this set sooner than later - shocking!

Amadaca

Juniors
Good question.

Following the theme of other set...

R1 1988 vs. Manly - First ever game and can count as the flogging of the set.

R14 1990 vs. Canberra - The forgotten gem on the set. I believe there's highlights of this game on YouTube and it's well worth a look. For once both teams were at full strength and in the end it was the Broncos in the dying stages pulling out the victory.

R12 2002 vs. Tigers - The cult favourite game. As much as that tag annoys me and everyone the 'baby' Broncos is one of the best stories this club has.

Prelim Final 06 vs. Bulldogs - Obviously one of the club's greatest moments. A fantastic comeback started by a fantastic former Rooster Justin Hodges.

Semi Final 2011 vs. St George Illawarra - The final game for arguably the club's greatest player. A dramatic game with a fantastic finish.

I had so many games I had to erase.
R8 92 vs. Knights
98 Superbowl vs. Knights
R7 02 vs. Knights
R19 vs. Melbourne - First golden point win

etc. etc.

I really liked the inclusion of the pre-season cup highlights. In saying, I was disappointed with the set. I had big expectations and was disappointed to discover it tried to name a best moment for each year as opposed to being the best moments in general.

Somehow, finals wins against the Titans or our first win at Suncorp don't strike me as better moments than our 93 or 06 Prelim.

I reckon you guys just got dudded - the Tigers set includes the R1 2000 draw. Mind you, that was also their inaugural game.

As a Broncos fan, I reckon I'll need this set sooner than later - shocking!

Come again? What was this?

Big Pete

Referee
Our clash against the Knights in R8 98 was billed as the Superbowl as it was both premiers going head to head.

Plenty of hype at the time.

Amadaca

Juniors
Oh.

As I recall, there was talk of a pre-season game which some were calling a Super Bowl, but it fell through.

Who won the season meeting, anyway? I'm guessing the Broncos did a number on them.

One of the greatest games ever played was St George vs Eastern Suburbs, 1974 at the SCG. Unfortunately I didn't see it but all the good judges who did rave about it.

St George had all their stars there, including Billy Smith and Graeme Langlands, while Easts had Big Artie and the fabulous centre pairing of John Brass and Mark Harris. Easts won something like 38-26. Apparently fabulous tries were scored.

The game was so good that for years Sydney University rugby league club used it as a training video.

I cannot find it anywhere. Channel 7 was doing the telecast at the time.

H.H

Juniors
One of the greatest games ever played was St George vs Eastern Suburbs, 1974 at the SCG. Unfortunately I didn't see it but all the good judges who did rave about it.

St George had all their stars there, including Billy Smith and Graeme Langlands, while Easts had Big Artie and the fabulous centre pairing of John Brass and Mark Harris. Easts won something like 38-26. Apparently fabulous tries were scored.

The game was so good that for years Sydney University rugby league club used it as a training video.

I cannot find it anywhere. Channel 7 was doing the telecast at the time.
I know the game you mean.

I was only 3 at the time, but when I was older I had a book my Dad bought me called "Rugby League's Greatest Games"...and this was one of the games highlighted...the headline to it was - "The day it rained tries".

There was a also a greatest player book and I must've read them each about 15 times.

Shire Boy

Juniors
Hey Guys just joined this site from rleague.com.keen collector of old games,send me a PM,for details