What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, a sorry case!!!

LOL this thread is laughable. Wanting to kick out a team for having a bad season? Not raising enough juniors? How many juniors do you need to have to avoid your criticism? This idea lacks any logic.

Roosters are a foundation club who finished 4th last year and things are just not going right for them this year. They had huge success in the early 2000's so I'm sure they will recover.

Rockin Ronny

Juniors
I am a dragons fan. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. We are one club. I don't think we can be accused of not producing juniors. Roosters have been r*ping Rabbitohs for years.

I like that, hand over the City of Sydney to Yawnion and AFL. Do you honestly believe Roosters are that influential. Are you a member of the Roosters? Are you one of the 20 or 30 fans that attend their home games.

Dragons would have beaten Roosters by even more if Fitzgibbon wasn't playing the other night. Where does he come from again??

At the moment Roosters are an embarrassment to the game.

How do you reckon the Port Moresby Roosters sound??

Your team jas only been in existence for 10 years. How can you crap on about other clubs?

Danish

Referee
I am a dragons fan. We are the St George Illawarra Dragons. We are one club. I don't think we can be accused of not producing juniors. Roosters have been r*ping Rabbitohs for years.

I like that, hand over the City of Sydney to Yawnion and AFL. Do you honestly believe Roosters are that influential. Are you a member of the Roosters? Are you one of the 20 or 30 fans that attend their home games.

Dragons would have beaten Roosters by even more if Fitzgibbon wasn't playing the other night. Where does he come from again??

At the moment Roosters are an embarrassment to the game.

How do you reckon the Port Moresby Roosters sound??

:lol:

Poor St George fan getting all upset when I mention that their own junior area of Kogarah ain't exactly contributing.

I'll tell you what, we'll "merge" with souths, keep our colours, name and logo, and then go on a big ol' rampage about how all teams who don't have their "own" juniors should be booted or relocated.

Big Time

Juniors
Ha ha, all 20 Roosters fans must be on here today. Don't be a hater cause the Roosters suck.

You are all correct about what you have said about the Dragons aswell. I could not be bothered replying to you all individually.

How does the Gosford Roosters sound. Has a bit of a ring to it. Wellington Roosters maybe??? Just a thought.

Bucket

Bench
the dragons have been around since 1921 Ronny and the St. George Area does contribute, it just so happens the Illawarra district produces a great deal more as it is a larger area so that is why you see more illawarra juniors in the FG side..... Also, you'll find that most sydney clubs that have been around for a long time have small junior areas as sydney was much smaller when they were formed and the areas they adopted were the same, this is especially the case when you have a number of teams in close proximity to one another, e.g. cronulla, canterbury and st. george......what the original poster is trying to get at is most clubs develop what junior talent they have and mix it with some key signings from other clubs whereas the rosters tend to prefer to do the opposite, buy a number of key signings from other clubs and mix it with a sprinkle of local produce....

Red Bear

Referee
the dragons have been around since 1921 Ronny and the St. George Area does contribute, it just so happens the Illawarra district produces a great deal more as it is a larger area so that is why you see more illawarra juniors in the FG side..... Also, you'll find that most sydney clubs that have been around for a long time have small junior areas as sydney was much smaller when they were formed and the areas they adopted were the same, this is especially the case when you have a number of teams in close proximity to one another, e.g. cronulla, canterbury and st. george......what the original poster is trying to get at is most clubs develop what junior talent they have and mix it with some key signings from other clubs whereas the rosters tend to prefer to do the opposite, buy a number of key signings from other clubs and mix it with a sprinkle of local produce....
Is it larger by population or just by area?

Danish

Referee

:lol:

Saints don't have many St George juniors because their area is too small, while the roosters don't have many because they spend all their money buying other team's players.

Once again, there are 3 eastern suburbs juniors lining up for the roosters this weekend, along with 9 other players who made their 1st grade debuts with our club.

You'll find that is about on par with every other club in the competition.

Big Time

Juniors
Roosters supporters have to admit their recruitment policy is not working. Shillington was allowed to sign elsewhere last year whilst the Roosters held onto O'Meley. Shackleton is gone next year, but Willie remains on the books. If Todd Carney comes, whilst there is no doubting his talent, is he the sort of bloke you want in your mix. Someone mentioned Aubusson as a junior. If Ballina is a junior area for Roosters then so be it. They did not steal him from anyone though, and signed him as a youngster from the bush, which is possibly something they should be doing more of. It cannot be denied that they have comfortably sat there, watching Souths pump money into juniors and then grabbing them at every oppurtunity.

Something is wrong at the Roosters. They lack leadership. Their fans sit on forums like this and b*tch and moan but don't go to the games or become members. As above, their recruitment policy is a farce. Do they have any real junior structure. There are enough teams in and around Sydney to take up any slack that might be left by Roosters relocating. Why is it such a bad thing. League is no longer territorial. I live no where near the St George area but I still support the Dragons. If relocation would ensure the long term future and success of ones club, would that not be a good thing?

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Roosters supporters have to admit their recruitment policy is not working. Shillington was allowed to sign elsewhere last year whilst the Roosters held onto O'Meley. Shackleton is gone next year, but Willie remains on the books. If Todd Carney comes, whilst there is no doubting his talent, is he the sort of bloke you want in your mix. Someone mentioned Aubusson as a junior. If Ballina is a junior area for Roosters then so be it. They did not steal him from anyone though, and signed him as a youngster from the bush, which is possibly something they should be doing more of. It cannot be denied that they have comfortably sat there, watching Souths pump money into juniors and then grabbing them at every oppurtunity.

Something is wrong at the Roosters. They lack leadership. Their fans sit on forums like this and b*tch and moan but don't go to the games or become members. As above, their recruitment policy is a farce. Do they have any real junior structure. There are enough teams in and around Sydney to take up any slack that might be left by Roosters relocating. Why is it such a bad thing. League is no longer territorial. I live no where near the St George area but I still support the Dragons. If relocation would ensure the long term future and success of ones club, would that not be a good thing?

Geez mate its a bit rich for you to be saying this crap bout the roosters considering they were in 3 grand finals in a row not more than five years ago. Geez your team has not won a premiership plus over the last couple of years your team has bought Weyman , Sailor, Soward, Scott, Weyman, Priddis, Woolford, Costigan so its a bit hypocritical to comment bout recruitment

Danish

Referee

Actually our juniors are Earl, Cherrington and Symonds. Some do indeed like to count others like Maubs or Perrett because they have been with us so long, but I don't.

Shillington was let go because he simply was not going to reach his potential at Easts. Far too many distractions at the cross for him to be anything productive in the eastern suburbs. Boring canberra will be a much better place for him.

Shack or Mason?? Hardly a tough decision considering one has a contract, one doesnt, and both are performing about the same as each other, with one in career best form and the other in career worst.

The Roosters also average a mere 200 people less per game this year than the saints (who are 1st, mind you), and have better crowd averages than Penrith, Parra, Manly and Cronulla.

We have over 6000 members, which is on par with plenty of sydney clubs, while admittedly nowhere near the likes of Souths or the Dogs.

Honestly, for all your gas bagging about how much is wrong with the roosters, very little if any of what you say actually stands up to scrutiny.

Big Time

Juniors
Geez mate its a bit rich for you to be saying this crap bout the roosters considering they were in 3 grand finals in a row not more than five years ago. Geez your team has not won a premiership plus over the last couple of years your team has bought Weyman , Sailor, Soward, Scott, Weyman, Priddis, Woolford, Costigan so its a bit hypocritical to comment bout recruitment

Weyman, Sailor, Soward, Scott, Weyman??(Do we have his brother), Priddis & Costigan. All on the scrap heap and unwanted. Not a star amongst them. Roosters don't go and buy players and develop them into better players. They brought themselves into 3 GF's. I don't disagree with you there.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
The Roosters have a strong foothold in the Sydney City area with corperate support. That support will keep them going until they basically feel like.

Although that the club dont have the production line of local juniors that other clubs have, they are still producing juniors.

As far as I can remember, the Roosters were contemplating not fielding a SG Ball or a Harold Matts side and that really p!ssed off the Panthers because they feared the Chooks would go after their juniors. If the Roosters didnt field a SG Ball or Harold Matts side, that would possibly call for their NRL licence to be reviewed, but last I can remember, they won the SG Ball comp last year.

Calling for the Roosters to relocate would be silly as they are a franchise that is strong and reconisable to Sydney and virtually Sydney only. The area is not over taken by AFL or Union, it is still strong for League.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
[. They brought themselves into 3 GF's. I don't disagree with you there.[/QUOTE]

Well our clubs can say the same this year if either of us make it, all clubs do it, you cant ridicule a club cause they obviously were doing it better than your own club.

Big Time

Juniors
Actually our juniors are Earl, Cherrington and Symonds. Some do indeed like to count others like Maubs or Perrett because they have been with us so long, but I don't.

Shillington was let go because he simply was not going to reach his potential at Easts. Far too many distractions at the cross for him to be anything productive in the eastern suburbs. Boring canberra will be a much better place for him.

Shack or Mason?? Hardly a tough decision considering one has a contract, one doesnt, and both are performing about the same as each other, with one in career best form and the other in career worst.

The Roosters also average a mere 200 people less per game this year than the saints (who are 1st, mind you), and have better crowd averages than Penrith, Parra, Manly and Cronulla.

We have over 6000 members, which is on par with plenty of sydney clubs, while admittedly nowhere near the likes of Souths or the Dogs.

Honestly, for all your gas bagging about how much is wrong with the roosters, very little if any of what you say actually stands up to scrutiny.

Well done on the 3 juniors. That must be a record for the tri colours in the last 15 years.

Shillington and Shackelton arguments are just cop outs. Could have terminated Masons contract. He is a cancer within your club. Contracts are as thin as the bit of paper they are written on.

Nice work on the crowd figures. Problem is when watching a Roosters home games I tend to see more oppostion supporters in the crowd then Roosters supporters. NRL is one big family though, just like to help each other out hey.

No where near the Dragons either, I think we are about 10500. I think Dogs membership is only about 6500.

I am guessing the majority of Roosters supporters would not even live in that area of Sydney. With this being the case, what is so bad about relocation. Same colours, still be the Roosters and still hold onto the history.

Big Time

Juniors
[. They brought themselves into 3 GF's. I don't disagree with you there.

Well our clubs can say the same this year if either of us make it, all clubs do it, you cant ridicule a club cause they obviously were doing it better than your own club.[/QUOTE]

With the exception of Boyd, Dragons have recruited a bunch of blokes from the Rugby League scrapheap and developed them into better players. Roosters do not, and have never attempted to do that.

Fraser

I don't mind the 'Sydney' Roosters. I just hate the fact they sold out their Eastern Suburbs name fifteen years ago.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Well our clubs can say the same this year if either of us make it, all clubs do it, you cant ridicule a club cause they obviously were doing it better than your own club.

With the exception of Boyd, Dragons have recruited a bunch of blokes from the Rugby League scrapheap and developed them into better players. Roosters do not, and have never attempted to do that.[/QUOTE]

Your kidding me arent you, Fitsgibbon wasnt a star when he joined , Roberts was never a star, Mullins was very similar to sailor, Walker (a liability) , Fittler had been there for how many years, Finch yeah he is a star lol, Morley i agree with, Wing bought from a defunct club.Hodges was not that highly rated at the roosters.

You talk bout the roosters buying bad boys, Weyman , Costigan and Sailor are prime examples of the same principle at St George so once again why be a hypocrite when your club does the same thing

Last edited:

Big Time

Juniors
Doggiesfan09;5784878]With the exception of Boyd, Dragons have recruited a bunch of blokes from the Rugby League scrapheap and developed them into better players. Roosters do not, and have never attempted to do that.

Your kidding me arent you, Fitsgibbon wasnt a star when he joined , Roberts was never a star, Mullins was very similar to sailor, Walker (a liability) , Fittler had been there for how many years, Finch yeah he is a star lol, Morley i agree with, Wing bought from a defunct club.Hodges was not that highly rated at the roosters.

You talk bout the roosters buying bad boys, Weyman , Costigan and Sailor are prime examples of the same principle at St George so once again why be a hypocrite when your club does the same thing[/QUOTE]

And look at what the Dragons have done for them. We are not called the Saints for nothing my friend.

_STING_

Juniors
With the exception of Boyd, Dragons have recruited a bunch of blokes from the Rugby League scrapheap and developed them into better players.

I'd like you to tell Jeremy Smith that to his face.

This is like a slap fest. You have nothing Big Time. Try to understand. The chooks don't need to move because they have the money and corprate support behind them. Some word of advice Big Time. Take a leaf out of Soward's book and lay down and pretend you are hurt and people will leave you alone.