What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, a sorry case!!!

jpaciocco91

Juniors
They just need to get rid of Fittler and their constant misbehaving players. Bad Bladder Mason and sh*tting Myles are two examples.

Raudonikis

Juniors
He's my era too, Tommy. :lol:

Mate the actual reason i changed teams was when the magpies were punted i said to my 2 daughters,ok i have taken you to watch wests lose yr after yr,yet they met Tommy a few times as he coached me and knew why i followed them,so they said lets follow parra dad,so i went along with it.But i fail to understand what age has to do with anything?

adamkungl

Immortal
They just need to get rid of Fittler and their constant misbehaving players. Bad Bladder Mason and sh*tting Myles are two examples.

Bad Bladder Mason...for gods sake, he hasn't set a foot wrong off field as far as I can remember since he's been at the Roosters. Pissing on a wall doesn't count. That wall would have been pissed on a thousand times that night.

Raudonikis

Juniors
yeah it was just another non story,as most of them are.Try going home after a night out and lifting the lid on clothes basket instead of the toilet lid.

Kiki

First Grade
the willie pissing thing was a total stitch up. i felt sorry for him on that one.

Smithtown

Coach
OK sonny jim. Time for a history lesson.

Go get a map and look for Alison Road, Randwich and Anzac Parade.
Go on... then come back here and read on. You got your map? Good.

From 1908 until Glebe got the arse in the late 20's or early 1930's everything South of Alison Road and EAST of Anzac Parade belonged to Easts. Easts had 5 local council districts as did Souths who owned all the juniors West of Anzac Parade.

Back in those days any boundary changes required 70% of clubs to agree before the boundaries were changed. The year before Glebe went to the wall Souths and Balmain tabled a motion requesting that boundary changes should only require 50% of clubs to agree. The 1930's were an era of friendly co-operation, so other clubs agreed and the rules were changed.

When Glebe went to the wall, their Juniors area was to be divided amongst the neighbours. Balmain wanted the lions share - but Souths also wanted their share. Balmain and Souths agreed that if Souths left Glebes area to Balmain then Balmain would back Souths in a power play to take Maroubra, Coogee, Randwick etc from Easts and give them to Souths.

Souths and Balmain got 3 more votes by buying them. As Glebe had gone their vote didnt count and Easts lost about 75% of their productive working class juniors area to Souths.

Right after the vote, most clubs realised how dangerous the 50% boundary change thing was and the rules were switched back from 50% to 70% of votes required to make boundary changes - but Souths hung onto Easts Juniors. Easts were left with Paddington, Clovelly, Bondi & Waverley as their only effective juniors suburbs.

Souths have not been RAPED by Easts as you put it. All we have been doing is offering reasonable contracts to young men who by rights should have been Easts Juniors all along. Unfortunately thanks to skullduggery by Souths and inaction down the years by the administrators, the myth of us "stealing" Souths juniors has been allowed to perpetuate.

Excellent post - a very good & worthwhile read

coolumsharkie

Referee
Why do you find that amusing?

:sarcasm:

Us oldies have got to stick together, how else do you think I know?

Neil Pringle was the first footy player i saw up close, Glenn Duffy missed a kick right in front in the dying seconds and the Sharks won.. one of my fondest childhood memories.

Fein

First Grade
:sarcasm:

Us oldies have got to stick together, how else do you think I know?

Neil Pringle was the first footy player i saw up close, Glenn Duffy missed a kick right in front in the dying seconds and the Sharks won.. one of my fondest childhood memories.

I've lost my footy cards for that period Cools but did Pringle play for Newtown as well?

Can you check your deck?