What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, a sorry case!!!

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Your kidding me arent you, Fitsgibbon wasnt a star when he joined , Roberts was never a star, Mullins was very similar to sailor, Walker (a liability) , Fittler had been there for how many years, Finch yeah he is a star lol, Morley i agree with, Wing bought from a defunct club.Hodges was not that highly rated at the roosters.

You talk bout the roosters buying bad boys, Weyman , Costigan and Sailor are prime examples of the same principle at St George so once again why be a hypocrite when your club does the same thing

And look at what the Dragons have done for them. We are not called the Saints for nothing my friend.[/QUOTE]

Yeah exactly so why cant the roosters do the same thing for Carney, so like i said why be a hypocrite.

Big Time

Juniors
I'd like you to tell Jeremy Smith that to his face.

This is like a slap fest. You have nothing Big Time. Try to understand. The chooks don't need to move because they have the money and corprate support behind them. Some word of advice Big Time. Take a leaf out of Soward's book and lay down and pretend you are hurt and people will leave you alone.

Ok let me rephrase that, "with the exception of Darius Boyd and Jeremy Smith". If you think of any others make sure you give me the heads up.

The name Soward must cut deep for Chooky supporters.

Weyman, Sailor, Soward, Scott, Weyman??(Do we have his brother), Priddis & Costigan. All on the scrap heap and unwanted. Not a star amongst them. Roosters don't go and buy players and develop them into better players. They brought themselves into 3 GF's. I don't disagree with you there.

f**k it, I'll bite.

2000 GF -

Phillips, Sing, Hegarty, Cross, Minichiello, Fittler, Lam, Rubin, Bonetti, Cusack, Fletcher, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Hood, Solomona,Rigon, Wing

2002 GF -

Phillips, Mullins, Hegarty, Hodges, Minichiello, Fittler, Wing, Cayless, Bonetti, Cusack, Morley, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Crocker, Flannery, Fletcher, Lomu

2003 GF -

Minichiello, Byrne, Cross, Hegarty, Walker, Fittler, Finch, Cayless, Wing, Catic, Morley, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Crocker, Lomu, Robinson, Flannery

2004 GF -

Minichiello, Hegarty, Cross, Hodges, Walker, Fittler, Finch, Cayless, Wing, Morley, Crocker, Fitzgibbon, Flannery, Cusack, Catic, Tupou, Robinson

Fitzgibbon was a bench player at Saints
Cayless was unwanted by Smith
Mullins was a punt after spending 2 years in England
Morley was brought over by Murray
Fittler was signed in 1996
Catic & Robinson were handy toilers who did their job
Finch & Sing were both about 21 when they signed with us and Sing was bought in about 1995
Wing spent most of his early period with us on the bench
Walker was an early in the season depth recruit who didn't fully nail down a regular starting spot until Hodges was injured
Hodges is probably the only signing of star quality you could find between 2000 and 2005

Who exactly are these players we signed that bought our way into those grand finals?

We had 4 players take the field on friday who have played with an NRL club before the Roosters - Myles, Mason, Fitzgibbon & Kouparitsas.

lturner

Juniors
I would rather the Roosters were demoted to the NSW Cup if the only other option was a merger or to relocate.

The Roosters need to return to their traditional name "Eastern Suburbs Rugby League Football Club" and get rid of the Foghorn Leghorn logo.

Kiki

First Grade
the roosters have become rather embarassing....

just got goss from a herald journo on twitter

"seen drunk and naked outside his hotel room on the Central Coast. Roosters fined $50,000 by NRL for the no. of booze eps this yr. and he was found to have defecated elsewhere in the hotel corridor and was later discovered in a fire escape"

heres the official report

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25741597-23214,00.html

Monk

Referee
Ok let me rephrase that, "with the exception of Darius Boyd and Jeremy Smith". If you think of any others make sure you give me the heads up.

The name Soward must cut deep for Chooky supporters.

Nice to see the Dragon fan of 1 year ripping into a nice big bowl of Unintelligence and showing the whole world just how little he knows about Rugby League.

Jamie Soward, much like Shillington, Winterstein, Lewis, Rovelli etc. is just another of the Young Roosters we have let go in the last couple of year that was never going to make it at the roosters, When he left us he was a ball hog and couldn't tackle a piece of Tumble weed going at .2km/h. and even though Nathan Brown (or do you only know the Dragons from 2009 onwards?) gave Soward a shot at First Grade, Sowie did not become the player he is today if we don't thank a guy by the name of Wayne Bennett. If you put Jamie behind the 2009 roosters forward pack he would get exposed.

In reply to your statement, no the name soward does not "cut deep" for us Roosters supporters, because right now. despite being a few years younger, Pearce has a better Kicking and Passing game then Sowie and he is the Roosters future at the Halfback position.

While I have enjoyed reading your hopeless attempts at justifying the Dragons superiority over the roosters, I would appreciate it if you could learn a few things about Rugby League before carrying on like a Rooster with its head chopped off.

the roosters have become rather embarassing....

just got goss from a herald journo on twitter

"seen drunk and naked outside his hotel room on the Central Coast. Roosters fined $50,000 by NRL for the no. of booze eps this yr. and he was found to have defecated elsewhere in the hotel corridor and was later discovered in a fire escape"

heres the official report

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25741597-23214,00.html

Funny how you ignored my question about the Roosters being "inconsistent" with their discipline when I pressed you about Cherrington. Run along back to your blog nobody reads.

Bucket

Bench
hey i like to read kiki's blog its entertaining...and the funny thing i keep hearing from you roosters c**k's is how all these juniors u let go had no future at your club...i'll tell you why that is - because you can't develop a player to save your life and generally when you buy a player with promise you f**k up their careers instead!...just look at some of the players you have bought from saints with plenty of promise....firman, lewis, ndaira to name a few and there are also plenty from other clubs

Monk

Referee
hey i like to read kiki's blog its entertaining...and the funny thing i keep hearing from you roosters c**k's is how all these juniors u let go had no future at your club...i'll tell you why that is - because you can't develop a player to save your life and generally when you buy a player with promise you f**k up their careers instead!...just look at some of the players you have bought from saints with plenty of promise....firman, lewis, ndaira to name a few and there are also plenty from other clubs

obviously there are going to be a few people that you buy that don't live up to the hype. But you are forgetting the players that came to their own at the roosters after coming from another club, Brad Fittler, Shannon Hegarty, Craig Fitzgibbon, Brett Mullins, Adrian Morley, Nate Myles, Braith Anasta. Its obvious that some players just arnt going to be successful at a club. If you were a Halfback playing in the juiniors at Newcastle while Joey was playing, did you wake up thinking that today you were going to get a call saying you had been picked ahead of joey?

Last edited:

gong_eagle

First Grade
Thumbsdown4.jpg

Kiki

First Grade
Funny how you ignored my question about the Roosters being "inconsistent" with their discipline when I pressed you about Cherrington. Run along back to your blog nobody reads.

what question? what are you on about?

blog nobody reads. haha. that would be heaps funny if it was true!

hey thanks Bucket! :D

Big Time

Juniors
Nice to see the Dragon fan of 1 year ripping into a nice big bowl of Unintelligence and showing the whole world just how little he knows about Rugby League.

Jamie Soward, much like Shillington, Winterstein, Lewis, Rovelli etc. is just another of the Young Roosters we have let go in the last couple of year that was never going to make it at the roosters, When he left us he was a ball hog and couldn't tackle a piece of Tumble weed going at .2km/h. and even though Nathan Brown (or do you only know the Dragons from 2009 onwards?) gave Soward a shot at First Grade, Sowie did not become the player he is today if we don't thank a guy by the name of Wayne Bennett. If you put Jamie behind the 2009 roosters forward pack he would get exposed.

In reply to your statement, no the name soward does not "cut deep" for us Roosters supporters, because right now. despite being a few years younger, Pearce has a better Kicking and Passing game then Sowie and he is the Roosters future at the Halfback position.

While I have enjoyed reading your hopeless attempts at justifying the Dragons superiority over the roosters, I would appreciate it if you could learn a few things about Rugby League before carrying on like a Rooster with its head chopped off.

You being Mr Intellectual should have noted that I have not been trying to "justify Dragons superiority over Roosters". Was never the intention.

Talking of intelligence. These players you let go that were never going to make it with you. Doesn't it say a lot about the Roosters.

I know a little on football brother. Played a bit in my day.

You being Mr Intellectual should have noted that I have not been trying to "justify Dragons superiority over Roosters". Was never the intention.

Talking of intelligence. These players you let go that were never going to make it with you. Doesn't it say a lot about the Roosters.

I know a little on football brother. Played a bit in my day.

By implying our club should go and yours shouldn't then you are trying to justify your club's perceived superiority. No premierships, a diluted history, questionable profit, (you said yourself we're richer) your club is only superior on the ladder at the moment. History has proved time and time again that it won't last

And to your second point. It says that the club quite rightly, lets their coaches make their own decisions (which they live and die by) about retention and recruitment. Stuart, Anderson and Freddy were/are responsible aren't they?

Big Time

Juniors
By implying our club should go and yours shouldn't then you are trying to justify your club's perceived superiority. No premierships, a diluted history, questionable profit, (you said yourself we're richer) your club is only superior on the ladder at the moment. History has proved time and time again that it won't last

And to your second point. It says that the club quite rightly, lets their coaches make their own decisions (which they live and die by) about retention and recruitment. Stuart, Anderson and Freddy were/are responsible aren't they?

Are you a politician??

Doggiesfan09

Juniors

Mate thats not very good example considering didnt the dragons buy firman off the sharks. So you could say the Dragons f**ked up his career and the roosters tried to revive it.