What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters, a sorry case!!!

adamkungl

Immortal
I have never seen a supporter of any club talking up thier own club to re-locate.

The 'kill Sydney clubs' dickheads never nominate their own. They always provide a list of 'important' clubs which needs to stay.

It usually goes like this

Wests
One or two of Dogs, Parra, Penrith
One of Souths/Roosters
Their own club

Lambretta

First Grade
I have never seen a supporter of any club talking up thier own club to re-locate.

Actually in the past, I've mentioned the benefits there could be in the Roosters re-locating the majority of their home games to Central Coast in return for their juniors.

The Eastern Suburbs has changed demographically and most working class people who were the backbone of our support have moved away from the Eastern Suburbs. The Central Coast is full of families who have moved in the past 20 years from suburbs like Bondi and Bronte and Clovelly etc.

The Central Coast is an important development area and if the Roosters settled there - they could take full advantage.

Compelling reasons indeed. Until you look at the other side of the ledger.

Moving from the SFS is a backward step. More clubs should use this venue not less.

We have history in the East.

We're not about to go broke - so why would we want to move? Becoming a Central Coast side, rather than an "Eastern Suburbs" team might mean that wealthy Eastern Suburbs families would no longer support us. Why throw away our biggest strength.

If we're successful, we're still well supported. In fact our gate averages are as good as, if not better than most clubs over the long haul. Sure the gate numbers are inflated due to travelling support - but you'd be surprised of the numbers of Easts fans that are at the game. It might look like there are 3 opposition fans to every one of ours at some games, but that's because Eastern Suburbs fans rarely wear club colours. Most people wear "plain clothes" when they attend games. You only realise Roosters fans numbers in attendance when they score. The problem this season is we havent been scoring :lol:

Whilst the Central Coast does have it's positive side from a re-location point of view - the Central Coast belongs to the Bears and there's just no reason for Easts to go there. Bears on the Coast ftw!

coolumsharkie

Referee
Actually in the past, I've mentioned the benefits there could be in the Roosters re-locating the majority of their home games to Central Coast in return for their juniors.

The Eastern Suburbs has changed demographically and most working class people who were the backbone of our support have moved away from the Eastern Suburbs. The Central Coast is full of families who have moved in the past 20 years from suburbs like Bondi and Bronte and Clovelly etc.

The Central Coast is an important development area and if the Roosters settled there - they could take full advantage.

Compelling reasons indeed. Until you look at the other side of the ledger.

Moving from the SFS is a backward step. More clubs should use this venue not less.

We have history in the East.

We're not about to go broke - so why would we want to move? Becoming a Central Coast side, rather than an "Eastern Suburbs" team might mean that wealthy Eastern Suburbs families would no longer support us. Why throw away our biggest strength.

If we're successful, we're still well supported. In fact our gate averages are as good as, if not better than most clubs over the long haul. Sure the gate numbers are inflated due to travelling support - but you'd be surprised of the numbers of Easts fans that are at the game. It might look like there are 3 opposition fans to every one of ours at some games, but that's because Eastern Suburbs fans rarely wear club colours. Most people wear "plain clothes" when they attend games. You only realise Roosters fans numbers in attendance when they score. The problem this season is we havent been scoring :lol:

Whilst the Central Coast does have it's positive side from a re-location point of view - the Central Coast belongs to the Bears and there's just no reason for Easts to go there. Bears on the Coast ftw!

So do you support this threads idea of re-locating YOUR club?

drake

First Grade
OK sonny jim. Time for a history lesson.

Go get a map and look for Alison Road, Randwich and Anzac Parade.
Go on... then come back here and read on. You got your map? Good.

From 1908 until Glebe got the arse in the late 20's or early 1930's everything South of Alison Road and EAST of Anzac Parade belonged to Easts. Easts had 5 local council districts as did Souths who owned all the juniors West of Anzac Parade.

Back in those days any boundary changes required 70% of clubs to agree before the boundaries were changed. The year before Glebe went to the wall Souths and Balmain tabled a motion requesting that boundary changes should only require 50% of clubs to agree. The 1930's were an era of friendly co-operation, so other clubs agreed and the rules were changed.

When Glebe went to the wall, their Juniors area was to be divided amongst the neighbours. Balmain wanted the lions share - but Souths also wanted their share. Balmain and Souths agreed that if Souths left Glebes area to Balmain then Balmain would back Souths in a power play to take Maroubra, Coogee, Randwick etc from Easts and give them to Souths.

Souths and Balmain got 3 more votes by buying them. As Glebe had gone their vote didnt count and Easts lost about 75% of their productive working class juniors area to Souths.

Right after the vote, most clubs realised how dangerous the 50% boundary change thing was and the rules were switched back from 50% to 70% of votes required to make boundary changes - but Souths hung onto Easts Juniors. Easts were left with Paddington, Clovelly, Bondi & Waverley as their only effective juniors suburbs.

Souths have not been RAPED by Easts as you put it. All we have been doing is offering reasonable contracts to young men who by rights should have been Easts Juniors all along. Unfortunately thanks to skullduggery by Souths and inaction down the years by the administrators, the myth of us "stealing" Souths juniors has been allowed to perpetuate.
I grew up on the western side of Anzac Pde (Daceyville), but went to school on the Eastern side in Maroubra. By that time, the area was well and truly Souths territory; following anyone else would get you a nice beating every now and then, usually when it was your team's turn to beat Souths. I wondered as a kid why I was considered a Souths junior when I was much closer to Bondi than Redfern. I only found out as an adult what had happened all those years ago to change the boundaries.

The question I have is why Easts never did anything about it. Recent Roosters admins have shown disdain for the idea of junior development, focusing on the money making end of Rugby League, and letting Souths pick up the tab for getting the kids to the business end of their development.

As a suggestion, 'cos it's not really my business as a Dragons supporter, why don't Roosters fans to push for their area back, and go back to being Eastern Suburbs? This 'Sydney' Roosters crap is just f**king silly. There are 8 other Sydney clubs in the NRL; you ain't foolin' nobody.

BTW Adamkungl... I know that you think Melon is a legend, but you don't have to be mothball eating crazy like him to support Easts. If you keep gnashing your teeth like that, you're gonna end up having to suck your food. But at least your man friends will be happy.

Big Time

Juniors
Sounds that way. I simply put the idea out there to start this thread. I was shot down by all in sundry. I amused myself by stirring the pot. Now I have a chook who is open to the idea of relocation.

Yes, yes, good idea Lambretta, why didn't I think of that.

Big Time

Juniors
That argument doesn't fly when most of your fans would throw away Illawarra without blinking an eye. Admit it, every toothless braindead resident of the sh*thole that is Carlton would be partying in the streets of Illawarra was gone. Then within months your sh*thouse club would be more of a basket case than Cronulla.

I found it difficult at first. I now accept it though and happy that my team is now associated with the Illwarra district. Supporters from both clubs have really taken to the joint venture, hence the crowds we get to both our grounds.

St George/Illwarra are here to stay. So you are quite welcome to suck on it.

Nice of you to bring the poor old Sharks into your argument.

Raudonikis

Juniors
That argument doesn't fly when most of your fans would throw away Illawarra without blinking an eye. Admit it, every toothless braindead resident of the sh*thole that is Carlton would be partying in the streets of Illawarra was gone. Then within months your sh*thouse club would be more of a basket case than Cronulla.

If the dragons got rid of Illawarra they would become rubbish,they would become cronulla.

Sounds that way. I simply put the idea out there to start this thread. I was shot down by all in sundry. I amused myself by stirring the pot. Now I have a chook who is open to the idea of relocation.

Yes, yes, good idea Lambretta, why didn't I think of that.

You got shot down because you have nothing. Try answer someone's post for a change - oh you can't!

_STING_

Juniors
I can't believe this stupid thread is still active.
Let me say this again....THE ROOSTERS WILL NOT RELOCATE!!!!!!!
There is no need for them to relocate. Uncle Nick won't let that happen.
This talk about juniors is total BS. Every club has a scout that flies all over the country (and even South Africa) to try and find the next superstar.
How many signings have there already been this year from Toyota Cup to other clubs? The Dragons went to bed with Illawarra and have one of the largest junior bases in Sydney and look what they have achieved since.
The Roosters have the smallest junior base in Sydney and have played in more grand finals than any other team this century. So they must be doing something right.

The defense rests your honour.

Big Time

Juniors
I can't believe this stupid thread is still active.
Let me say this again....THE ROOSTERS WILL NOT RELOCATE!!!!!!!
There is no need for them to relocate. Uncle Nick won't let that happen.
This talk about juniors is total BS. Every club has a scout that flies all over the country (and even South Africa) to try and find the next superstar.
How many signings have there already been this year from Toyota Cup to other clubs? The Dragons went to bed with Illawarra and have one of the largest junior bases in Sydney and look what they have achieved since.
The Roosters have the smallest junior base in Sydney and have played in more grand finals than any other team this century. So they must be doing something right.

The defense rests your honour.

Lambretta thinks it is a great idea!!

I grew up on the western side of Anzac Pde (Daceyville), but went to school on the Eastern side in Maroubra. By that time, the area was well and truly Souths territory; following anyone else would get you a nice beating every now and then, usually when it was your team's turn to beat Souths. I wondered as a kid why I was considered a Souths junior when I was much closer to Bondi than Redfern. I only found out as an adult what had happened all those years ago to change the boundaries.

The question I have is why Easts never did anything about it. Recent Roosters admins have shown disdain for the idea of junior development, focusing on the money making end of Rugby League, and letting Souths pick up the tab for getting the kids to the business end of their development.

As a suggestion, 'cos it's not really my business as a Dragons supporter, why don't Roosters fans to push for their area back, and go back to being Eastern Suburbs? This 'Sydney' Roosters crap is just f**king silly. There are 8 other Sydney clubs in the NRL; you ain't foolin' nobody.

BTW Adamkungl... I know that you think Melon is a legend, but you don't have to be mothball eating crazy like him to support Easts. If you keep gnashing your teeth like that, you're gonna end up having to suck your food. But at least your man friends will be happy.

Can't answer that one Drake although it's a good question. From my knowledge, Saint Nick has mentioned (complained) it on a number of occasions but none of the governing bodies who have run the game over the years have done anything about it.

Raudonikis

Juniors
I dont understand why any league supporters would want a club to fold up and go away,i lost my club the magpies years ago and had to choose another side to follow. If you love the game you should want all the sides to be as they are.We have lost enough teams already.

Kiki

First Grade
i would hate to see any club fold to be honest. especially one of the foundation clubs. i don't think the Chookies are going anywhere. they will get through this awful period and come out the other end.

Kiki

First Grade
hahhaahah that was unintentional!

i almost said will get over this 'crappy time' then im like damnit that means poo. damn you Nate Myles!

Fein

First Grade
hahhaahah that was unintentional!

i almost said will get over this 'crappy time' then im like damnit that means poo. damn you Nate Myles!

:sarcasm:

Or should I say :crazy:

But then again :roll:

Meh, it's just one continuous :lol:

Latest posts